DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Transmission Fault P2730. Help pls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Transmission Fault P2730. Help pls

Yesterday whilst driving at about 35mph the Transmission Fault message came up on the dash. Reading the fault codes, I can see only fault relating to the Auto Gearbox:
ECU: Automatic Gearbox
CODE:P2730
Pressure control solenoid E control - circuit high

Does anyone know what to suggest? Especially as I am planning to tow the tintent to Scotland for three weeks. Big Cry
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #146399826th Apr 2015 8:33 am
anglefire

England 

Have you got an IID Tool? If so have a look at the live values for the 5th solenoid in the transmission - its the one that releases the TC when you change gear.

It could be starting to fail - which means you either change the megatronic or the valve packs within it.

Not cheap. Big Cry
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #146411526th Apr 2015 12:56 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Thanks Mark. I have the Nanocom, so don't have those live values. I have driven the car today without a fault code showing, so perhaps it just decided to bong for the sake of it (fingers crossed). I did have the TC replaced about 2 years - could that have had an affect?

I did some research and could see a host of potential reasons, including poor connections at sockets. I guess the live values would discount a poor connection.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #146430026th Apr 2015 7:13 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Live data could help if you could borrow an IIDTool from someone. Worth reading this too:

http://disco4.com/forum/topic108824.html
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #146432226th Apr 2015 7:42 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Thanks Robbie. Now I read that thread, it comes flooding back. I note the VIN range is not mine but the driving behaviour prior to the issue is the same as mine - mostly gears 3-5. I have three long runs coming up, so can test it for the fault. I also spoke to the chap that did my new TC and he has not seen many of the faults I experienced. So, fingers crossed.
Post #146489527th Apr 2015 9:30 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Now done a couple of hundred miles of varied driving and no bong or transmission fault, so perhaps it was a one off and the D3 decided it was time it show me it still knows how to bong Laughing
Post #146588129th Apr 2015 8:51 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Well, here we are 4 years later and the P2730 error code has returned. During that period the gear changes have been faultless. About 1 year back I did a drain and fill of the ATF. I have also checked ATF level at 40 degrees and added a little to replace what is leaking from the sleeve that the mechatronic plug fits into.

I am tempted to run the D3 with the Transmission Fault showing on the basis that last time it disappeared. Does anyone have experience of running a car with this fault showing? Could it cause long term damage?

The D3 has done over 180k miles so owes me nothing -taking a calculated risk on the fault code is a option.
Post #203817218th Mar 2019 9:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >