Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

T-track width
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
camtheman

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
T-track width

I recently swapped my D3 for a RRS Rolling with laughter and let my crossbars go with it. I've now fitted a T-track to the RRS but realised it's not a standard fitment so very limited choice of crossbars are listed for it. The kit comes with LR type aero crossrails which aren't really wide enough for what I sometimes need so I'm looking for an alternative.

I'm fairly sure the track width will be very similar to the D3 so might buy some that are listed for D3/4. Would a D3 owner be kind enough to measure their T-track width for me (centre to centre)?

Apologies for deserting the D3 by the way. Best car I've ever had despite it's habit of breaking. I've almost lost count of the number of times my mates have asked if I've started dealing in Crack from the RRS so have a feeling I'll be swapping again for a D4 Very Happy

Post #206146716th Jun 2019 8:27 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Don't know if your phraseology is correct, or if I've misunderstood your dilemma. Confused

But the T Track is the groove that sits under the removable rubber of (aero) crossbars.
The rubber strip is removed (or sections of the rubber cut) to enable fitment of accessories e.g. bike/kayak carriers etc, that use this T Track section of the crossbars to secure these carriers.

So as you state you "fitted a T Track system to the RRS", I therefore don't think your referring to the normal T Track system of the crossbars ...... or you have the wrong crossbars?

Or have I indeed misunderstood. ?

Confused
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #206147516th Jun 2019 9:45 am
camtheman

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

By T-track I mean the flush roof rail system that LR use on the D3 and D4 - ie the slotted track that you mount the crossbars onto. One either side of the roof.

I have the right aero crossbars - I just want to fit a wider pair.

Post #206147716th Jun 2019 9:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >