Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Roading & Green Laning

Tyre Pressures Greenlaning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

you will never cover all aspects at LRE...but it will give you a better experience on what the car can do...
lets not forget...NEVER GO ALONE amen ,,,kick on

Post #230474719th Aug 2022 1:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Oh, indeed, I'd rather people went to LRE and learnt stuff than not. Just remember that the LRE set up is intended to show off the capabilities, not cause them to get stuck.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #230480419th Aug 2022 2:40 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

NEVER GO ALONE?

That is me well and truly in the naughty corner then.

Never mine, I will just kick on, sorry drive on.

Brendan

Post #230482219th Aug 2022 5:25 pm
jimbo55

LRE or any other form of professional training is a good start and will give you a lot of confidence in what the vehicle can do out of the box if you press the right buttons without taking them anywhere near the limits as they don’t want to be dealing with any damage

I think the never go alone is not necessarily an accurate statement to make but it does have its merits.

I think knowing your own capabilities as a driver, the vehicle’s capabilities and where you’re planning to go are the more important things to consider and if you aren’t certain that you’re comfortable with all factors then yes at least take someone else or in some circumstances think about if going is actually the best thing to do .

I’m not saying that you never need to go with anyone else by a long way though, there are plenty of lanes that I have driven and will drive again that I know I wouldn’t want to be driving alone.

Post #230483219th Aug 2022 8:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >