Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Tyre replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MattC3156

United Kingdom 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Zambezi SilverLR4
Tyre replacement

So, D4 with 20” wheels. 99% tarmac, sometimes a field or similar but nothing more rigorous! Also used to tow twin axle ‘van.

Currently got a mix of tyres (not my choice!) so want to sort them before a trip away in a few weeks with the shed. One of the fronts currently has excessive wear to the outer edge so suspect I’ll have to get the wheels realigned too. They only have around 3mm left anyway so one will got as a spare. The rears were dealer replaced when we bought second hand and are Nexen which don’t appear to have favourable reviews.

Having just been stung for discs and pads all round I’m trying to see if the tyres can be replaced on a budget. Do I go for two new Nexen fronts or replace them all with something else? There’s a set of part worn Pirelli Scorpion Zeros for £125 locally which I’m tempted with - they only have about 4mm tread so unlikely to last a huge amount of time.

Any advice welcome!!

Post #216491931st Jul 2020 6:15 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I now use Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season (it's a mouth full, but that's what they're called) on both my RRS and Disco Commercial, and wouldn't fit anything else.

Excellent in all conditions and wear evenly, with long life as well, what more could you ask for.

If you buy part worn tyres, best not to buy anything with less than 6mm of tread, as the best has been used and any uneven wear is unlikely to be corrected.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #216492531st Jul 2020 6:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >