Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Have u seen this, Disco3 man wages war on LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Cliff H wrote:
I am all for the calm and polite way.
But
Today I found out that my dealer principle has probably been lying to me for the last 3 weeks re saying that he has applied for an exchange of my car to LR. Twisted Evil
LR have no correspondence from them at all re my car.
What should I do now, smile and say "oh it doesn't matter"

No excuses for direct lies from your dealer, especially if you have been calm & polite.
Visit the site below for the answer to these lies, guaranteed to make anyone sort out your problems.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/uzi_cons_rees.html

Post #3830020th Jan 2006 5:06 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

Winger you stated;

"It is unfortunate that you have had problems with your vehicle, but you (along with the others who post on this forum who have had problems) are in the minority."

How do you know that it is a minority. This is just your opinion, such statements need to be substantiated. Therefore your statement is open for challenge.

One theme on this forum is the completion of EPQR's by dealers as it would appear the this is not carried out as it should be, therefore even landrover could not make such a statement as they are not in full possession of all the facts!

D.

Post #3830120th Jan 2006 5:07 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Clearly respecting other people's opinions is not something that comes naturally to you.

I don't want to be boring with figures, but if I am wrong and the owners who have had no problems (and I don't mean minor issues that are resolved first time by a dealer, and don't present a repetitive faults), then some 26,785 owners must have had problems in 2005.

If that were the case, then clearly the vehicle would not have collected 55 awards worldwide, the latest being it's place as best large 4x4 for the second year running. Further, as is the nature of the motoring press, they would have been all over the "story".

Substantial enough for you?

Post #3830220th Jan 2006 5:24 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It's not the fact that the guy has had a bad deal and yes there are reliability issues with early D3's..etc.... the thing that hacks me about this guy is that he opens a website with some type of posting forum, encourages others to make comments and then deletes anyone who makes "too"positive a comment about the vehicle.
At least have the b*alls give a balanced view man !!
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #3830320th Jan 2006 5:24 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

dickgriff wrote:
It's not the fact that the guy has had a bad deal and yes there are reliability issues with early D3's..etc.... the thing that hacks me about this guy is that he opens a website with some type of posting forum, encourages others to make comments and then deletes anyone who makes "too"positive a comment about the vehicle.
At least have the b*alls give a balanced view man !!

Too right, which is what makes it such a nonsense; there is not enough balance in any of our lives these days.

Post #3830420th Jan 2006 5:29 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Winger wrote:
Clearly respecting other people's opinions is not something that comes naturally to you.

I don't want to be boring with figures, but if I am wrong and the owners who have had no problems (and I don't mean minor issues that are resolved first time by a dealer, and don't present a repetitive faults), then some 26,785 owners must have had problems in 2005.

If that were the case, then clearly the vehicle would not have collected 55 awards worldwide, the latest being it's place as best large 4x4 for the second year running. Further, as is the nature of the motoring press, they would have been all over the "story".

Substantial enough for you?

The above pretty much sums up why I'm going to "risk" buying one myself. The other reasons for buying are probably shared with everyone else here.
From an "outsiders" view, it does look as if there has been a lot of very poor customer service from L/R. Inexcusable, but sadly I'm not surprised & IMO Mercedes seem to be similar.
Edited to say: No idea about the accuracy of any of the figures mentioned, but there must be a great many good D3's out there, I'm sure I would have read more about it if there wasn't!

Last edited by LT on 20th Jan 2006 5:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3830520th Jan 2006 5:49 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

Winger,

"Clearly respecting other people's opinions is not something that comes naturally to you."

Ignoring the smart Alex remark above which you made about me, my opinion is as valid as yours if not more. I challenged your statement and you have failed to rise to the challenge, you simply made up your own figures!

You mention the motoring press being all over such a story, watch this space, as I believe the lid is coming the story off very soon.

You also misunderstand where I am coming from, I think the car is excellent, I enjoy driving it both on and off road. It uses the latest technology. However it just is not reliable and a substantial number of people agree, posting on this site, and indeed creating their own web sites as they have the right to do. Of course you might not agree.

You seem, for whatever reason, to defend LR, do you have shares or other interest?

D.

Post #3830620th Jan 2006 5:52 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Gents, great discussion but possibly getting a bit heated? Please keep it 'nice'

Cheers
Si

Post #3830720th Jan 2006 6:04 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

lr1 wrote:
....you simply made up your own figures....

I would strongly urge that you check the facts before making such sweeping statements. I am not in the habit of making things up. The figure quoted is a simple majority of the total sales of D3s made by Land Rover in 2005.

Dispute that if you like.

Post #3830820th Jan 2006 6:04 pm
Raymond

Lr1

I am interested in what story is about to break regarding the D3. Is it that some cars are unreliable ? That some owners including yourself are Censored off at having faulty cars? That some dealers are better than others?
Well Mercedes has had this all for the past few years and they are still in business. Maybe the story will highlight the fact that there are thousands of happy D3 owners outthere and that it is a vast improvement over the D2
( or in fact any other 4x4 ). It is a bummer that some owners have had problems, but that is the real world nothing is perfect.The press already know there have been teething problems with the car, mostly with the electronics and computer but remember this was a massive jump in terms of technology over what had been before. My car has given me no problems( Apart from a small adjustment needed after delivery) and is almost a year old. That is a lot better than the landcruiser I had previously. In any case unless something massive regarding the car was to make the national press (unlikely) I feel that a few unreliability storys will go pretty unoticed by the prospective D3 owners seduced (rightly) into showrooms by the current ad campaign.No doubt aided by the D3 iwinning What car Best 4x4 award for the second year running.

Post #3831520th Jan 2006 7:29 pm
BN

England 

I have had problems, possibly the most serious in one case on site, but the D3 is by far the best 4x4 made to date and I have used it and proven it. I admit, I am waiting a while to purchase another, but that is due to circumstances and that my dealer has advised me to wait.

LR have always been an interesting vehicle and prone to malfunctions, but then a hammer and piece of string got them going again and I can speak for about 25 years of them.

Now the D3 is so sophisticated this cannot be done and so problems become nightmares. The greatest error of LR (Ford) in my humble opinion is that they have this wonderful American damage limitation procedure. Wait until it goes to a point of bad publicity and then do something. This has been proven with their most popular selling truck, which I believe (and I do stand correcting) has had a recall of around 64,000 trucks.

We are no where near that and never will be so one guy with a beef is trying to get publicity to a high via the web. All he will succeed in doing is devalue a brilliant vehicle, oh and eventually Ford may hit him with a piece of litigation eventually when they get fed up.

Keep the site out of his war please.

Post #3833320th Jan 2006 8:37 pm
MVS

I hope they do sue him, he's out of control, and should have stopped when he got out, and got his way.
I find it hard to believe that he is not falling foul of the libel /slander laws already.
(wish I hadn't started this thread, it was a bad raction to a lowsy day of D3 ownership)
P.S. BN why have you been advised to wait for a D3, what's on the cards, some major mods/software, or are they moving production stateside?

Post #3833920th Jan 2006 8:45 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Brian.

Post #3834220th Jan 2006 8:45 pm
BN

England 

MVS wrote:
I hope they do sue him, he's out of control, and should have stopped when he got out, and got his way.
I find it hard to believe that he is not falling foul of the libel /slander laws already.
(wish I hadn't started this thread, it was a bad raction to a lowsy day of D3 ownership)
P.S. BN why have you been advised to wait for a D3, what's on the cards, some major mods/software, or are they moving production stateside?

No major mods, just need breathing space as the dealer has been brilliant and we both want to get things right. There is a knowledge that the S seats have been modified, which is a direct result of what we have done on this site. I had an agreement from LR to pay for a mod, which in fact is now on all S cars.

We are also responsible for the EPQR's which has been my crusade. LR have allowed the dealers time to complete them, the problem is, some dealers simply cannot be botherred as it takes about 15 minutes each one. It is up to us all to insist that they are completed.

Thats it really. I do have other cars and 110's so I may even wait until September now.

Post #3834420th Jan 2006 8:51 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

I agree the D3 is by far the best 4x4 made to date, however LR need to address the reliability/quality problems which are clearly evident, otherwise they will simply have more and more dissatisfied customers.

I do not think there is any problem with individuals expressing their dissatifaction to LR by personal correspondance, open letters, web sites etc.

It appears some posters think you should not do this (mostly ones who have to date not had a problem. Sods law says they will now have a series of major problems, serving them right for disagreeing with me.

With individuals paying up to £49,840 approx. for a vehicle which has faults which should never have got past basic quality control monitoring, I am not surprised they have resorted to complaining by various methods.

It is also interesting that BN thinks that all "he will succeed in doing is devalue a brilliant vehicle", oh and eventually Ford may hit him with a piece of litigation eventually when they get fed up. "

All I can say is he must be pretty frightning then if he can single handedly devalue a motor car. However ford will never sue him as it would hightlight the problems, bringing others aboard for a possible group counter action, contrary to popular belief all publicity is not always good publicity, companies do actually know this and know when to keep their head down.

LR could address the quality issues, I have no idea why they have not.

Enlighten me!

LR1

Post #3837420th Jan 2006 11:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >