Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > eBay & Bargain Spots

Ubber cheap Disco 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Clearly a scam and I suspect not the first from this eBay user, there was a very cheap Defender 90 on eBay a few weeks ago that my daughter was interested in, I emailed the "seller" via the given link and got a reply that was almost word for word the same as the one Russell got.

The reply rang alarm bells to me so I didn't pursue it any further, next time I looked, the ad had been removed.
No repercussions from following the email link though.
 Clive

Post #98979015th Oct 2012 9:49 am
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Couple of years ago my mate got stung for 6k on ebay.
Posted the money for a car via ebay getting offical confirmation that everything was fine.
Only it was not, Ebay said while the correspondence looked genuine it was not from them.
He even spoke to the seller but never saw the car

Post #98979115th Oct 2012 9:55 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Russell wrote:
I will sell the car only using eBay's services, this way you'll get 3 days to inspect the car before paying me

Ebay doesn't even run such a scheme Thud
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #98979215th Oct 2012 10:02 am
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Scam - delivery company and ebay

I showed interest in a 1983 RR on ebay - the listing went but got this e-mail. The familiar scam.
Thumbs Up

Discoed
I still have the car available for sale. I'm working on an oil rig so pick up is not possible but I can have the car delivered to you in West Yorkshire by a delivery company for £100. Since view or pick up is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use eBay's services. I have briefly described the transaction's steps below:

- Buyer, Seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
- Buyer sends the money to eBay and they inform the seller that the payment was received.
- Seller delivers the vehicle.
- Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
- eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you'll receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. You'll get the chance to inspect it, test it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm with eBay that you'll agree to keep the car, they'll release the money to me.

If for some reason, you won't keep the car (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my car is in IMMACULATE condition inside and out) I will take it back on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

From the moment you receive the car you have 3 days to inspect it. If it's not like I said or something is not ok with it you can reject it and eBay will fully refund you and the car will be delivered back to me on my expense.
The car will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay.

In order to go ahead with the sale I need your full name and address for delivery. Once the transaction is registered, eBay will send you ALL the info regarding payment and delivery.

Thank you,
Joe

Post #106380328th Feb 2013 8:58 am
gazjacko

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Russell wrote:

Looked at other e mail which has a number of pictures with it, all seems genuine, get the feeling it may be a "difficult" divorce and that is why it is so cheap. Thumbs Up

A friend of mine went through a difficult divorce so by selling his house way under market value Once all fees etc were paid off his 'Ex' received her share of ....the remaining £100!!! Rolling with laughter

revenge is a dish best served cold

Post #106400328th Feb 2013 4:05 pm
blowpipe

England 

This scumbag's well at it. Here he's trying to 'sell' a bike, text lifted from another site:

'I replied to a very cheap looking bonneville on Autotrader a week or so ago. I got an email back this morning and struck up this conversation...
Wouldn't mind stringing him along but can't be arsed. Is there anywhere to report these scum?

Chris,
I'm deeply sorry for the late reply but your message was flagged as spam.
My Triumph Bonneville is in excellent condition with no issues. I'm asking £3260 for a fast sale. The bike is currently located in Glasgow because I just finished the divorce with my wife and I have moved here. I will sell the bike only using eBay's services, this way you'll get access to the buyer protection service (refund policy available), 3 days to inspect the bike and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer that isn't going to mess me around. Where are you located? Please email me as soon as you see this message because I have few other people interested in this bike.
Delivery can be arranged.

Thank you,
Daniel Brown

Thanks Daniel. I saw your bike on Autotrader is it on ebay as well? Can you send me the item number and I'll find it and buy it through ebay.
Getting to Glasgow is not a problem.
Look forward to the ebay link.

Regards
Chris

Chris,
I'm working with Royal Dutch Shell on the Gannet Alpha platform, an oil rig located 113 miles from Aberdeen Scotland, so pick up is not possible but I can have the bike delivered to you for £100. However, before any delivery can be done I want to be sure that we do this transaction in the safest mode possible for both of us. I recommend we do the transaction using eBay's buyer protection service since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions.

eBay will act as a third party between us to create confidence; you will also have access to a refund policy on this transaction, no obligation to buy and no fees involved if you won't accept the transaction's terms.

If for some reason, you won't keep the bike (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my bike is in IMMACULATE condition) I will take it back on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

From the moment you receive the bike you have 3 days to inspect it. If it's not like I said or something is not ok with it you can reject it and eBay will fully refund you and the bike will be delivered back to me on my expense.

The bike will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation.

In order to go ahead with the sale I need your ebay member id, full name and address for delivery.

Thank you,

Daniel Brown
Petrophysicist
Royal Dutch Shell

Daniel

I can't find the bike on eBay so how can I buy it?

Chris,
All I need to do is to send eBay the buyer's details in order to get the transaction started. So, if you think we can do a deal, please email me back with your eBay id, full name and address for delivery so I can start the transaction on eBay.

Will wait your email.
Thank you.

Daniel Brown
Petrophysicist
Royal Dutch Shell'

Post #10646031st Mar 2013 3:40 pm
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

When I told him to Censored off as I think you are a scammer he sent me this

I have no idea what you are talking about and I really don't understand what's the problem with the car sale but have it your way... no deal...
If you will reconsider my offer, let me know...
If not, thank you for your interest...
Joe

I would love to be able to report him but as he's off eBay I guess its tricky..

Post #10646061st Mar 2013 3:53 pm
fishinmad

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

A quick read of an email like that should start alarm bells ringing , look at the guy's name and purported job title, however from the grammar/writing style used in the email it suggests unlike his name the conman's (I presume it's a bloke), first language is not English my guess is it has been through an online translator.

By the way, must dash as someone just emailed to say I have won the Nigerian state lottery and for £10,000 I will receive £2,000,000 if I get the money there for Monday!
 Club Narpy Torch

“No return to boom and bust” Gordon Brown when chancellor
He has been proved right, now there is only bust! 

Post #10646071st Mar 2013 3:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >