DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Ultrasonic unit & roof mounted DVD player
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Ultrasonic unit & roof mounted DVD player

Censored , Censored f*ck, f*ck.

Just gone to fit my roof mount DVD player that I had in both previous D3's into the D4. I've had it mounted where the Ultrasonic unit is, so had previously fitted the electronics (D3) of this into the base part of the DVD player.

Plugged the D4 alarm loom in - smoke and a burnt finger from a fried IC. Bloody LR have changed the internals of the Ultrasonic unit, (still a Delco part), but left it with the SAME friggin plug. One Censored D3 alarm unit now.

I dont know if its done any other damage to the main alarm unit.

Censored off from Oldbury
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Last edited by al cope on 8th Oct 2013 2:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #11687547th Oct 2013 4:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

well I've gutted the D4 unit, and indeed its different from the D3 unit. Refitted into DVD player, and its now fitted back to the roof - Job's a good un.

Exactly the same place and setup as my previous D3's (pics in gallery if needed)

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #11692288th Oct 2013 2:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

One for the wiki Wink

Yes, looking at the wiring diagrams they have reversed the power wires in that connector between D3 and D4.

There is also one less connection to the D4 sensor (and it is LIN bus based rather than hardwired), so your D3 one is unlikely to have worked anyway Sad
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #11692388th Oct 2013 2:51 pm
al cope

England 

Hi Martin

given they'd swapped the power wires, it might have been a good idea to have changed the plug, so it was obvious one wouldnt fit the other (as I've seen these advertised on ebay as fitting D3 and D4, when info from TLO says there 3 different part numbers, one for the D3 and 2 for the D4.

I also found within the sensor unit, only 1 sensor is used at one end, 2 at the other.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #11692538th Oct 2013 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >