Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

'Unable to calculate route'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jeff

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3
'Unable to calculate route'

So sayeth the Satnav, which was a shame really as I was in France and just planning the route home, had a play and a fiddle, deleted all previous destinations, looked at the 753 code and all seemed well but no matter how long I left the car to reboot it wouldn't calculate a route to even a mile or so away. The dvd would whirr, the scrolling map worked fine plotting my changing position but when asked for a route the satnav would very slowly progress the 'calculating route' bar and eventually give up.
This was a shame because apart from this the car was magnificent on our 1000 mile round trip, we even saw 2 french reg D3's, one parked next but one to us at La Vallee shopping outlet and we followed the other right along the Seine in Paris. On our return along the M20 yesterday I even managed to get in a 3 vehicle D3 convoy, only 1 Disco3 sticker though Crying or Very sad That said I did see 2 Silver D3's eastbound on the A303 in convoy with a pssible sticker sighting Very Happy
Anyway washed her off today, searched the forums for a previous posting of the fault without success, had a final play and, hang on, what are these stored 'route points'? ah... stop off points in Finland, Holland Belgium and who knows where else! Oh yes, my 13 year old did have unlimited access for 10 minutes, no wonder it couldn't calculate the route, points deleted, normal reliable service returns. What a great car Thumbs Up
 D3 TDV6SE
Defender 110 V8 lpg

www.carlyonbay.net
www.thepavillioncarlyonbay.co.uk 

Post #9689426th Oct 2006 1:55 pm
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

Shocked
did you change the country?

it is possible to get from the uk to a european destination but if you want to get back it needs changing to the area you are in Mad

Post #9692226th Oct 2006 4:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jeff

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

lakelands finest wrote:
Shocked
did you change the country?

it is possible to get from the uk to a european destination but if you want to get back it needs changing to the area you are in Mad

Yes, tried that and thought I'd got it by changing the default to France, sadly not though, I just didn't realise I was telling it to cross so many countries!
 D3 TDV6SE
Defender 110 V8 lpg

www.carlyonbay.net
www.thepavillioncarlyonbay.co.uk 

Post #9693126th Oct 2006 4:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >