Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Uneven wear on all 4 tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Uneven wear on all 4 tyres

Just swapped my D3 wheels & factory scorpion zeros for shiny new FFRR versions and noticed that all 4 tyres were noticeably more worn on the inner edge. Just legal everywhere else but almost bare on inner quarter of tread. Is this normal or does it need a visit to the stealers?

Post #27432217th Mar 2008 11:42 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Bush settle issue, try claiming under warranty. Dealer should have done a wheel alignment at service.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #27432317th Mar 2008 11:50 pm
Warren1712

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I had the same problem with my tyres after 12,000 miles (12 months) and fair play to lookers at Bury St. Edmunds they paid for a new set of tyres under warrenty Very Happy
Although it did take 3 weeks to sort out
 SILVER METROPOLIS LE - Gone

FFRR Vogue TDV8,Zermatt Silver/Jet/Piano, Heated/Cooled ventilated Seats, Privacy Glass, S/C Grilles & Vents, Chrome side tubes, Towpack, 20" SE V Spoke wheels & Roof bar System. - Arrived 

Post #27442818th Mar 2008 10:23 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
Bush settle issue, try claiming under warranty. Dealer should have done a wheel alignment at service.

There is nothing in the service schedule (sp?) that says a 4 wheel alignment should be done at any service. After all, its nearly a 2 hour job...

Post #28614413th Apr 2008 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Dealer told me that the TSB now said alignment to be done with service. Confused
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #28629513th Apr 2008 10:49 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
Dealer told me that the TSB now said alignment to be done with service. Confused

Not that I have seen. May be different for different markets mind you... Confused

Post #28632914th Apr 2008 6:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anoble

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

just had mine in for 45k service and 4 wheel alignment was done as part of service.

Post #28655814th Apr 2008 4:46 pm
BCP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I had bad wear at 15000 miles. After a wheel alignment I've been very impressed with the tyre wear. Rears are still at 4-5 mm after 15000 miles although I changed the fronts at 3-4mm as I could feel the front begin to slide on on some of our roundabouts (diesel from tractors and rain).

BCP

Post #28656414th Apr 2008 4:58 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Disco_Mikey wrote:
caverD3 wrote:

Not that I have seen. May be different for different markets mind you... Confused

It is probably only in Australia, after all we don't have the "bush" in the UK Very Happy

Post #28660614th Apr 2008 5:20 pm
caverD3

Thud
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #28680914th Apr 2008 11:55 pm
MikeG

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just thought I would say big thanks to DISCO3 site as found all four tyres had uneven wear at 17000 miles.
Came onto the site and found all the details about the missing Landrover bulletin about the bush wear and settling, wrote to my dealer giving all the facts that I had read on the site. The car has just come back with new A suspension arms, full geometry setup and four brand new tyres, all under warranty. Well done my dealer!!!Very Happy

Post #28765116th Apr 2008 4:45 pm
JC100

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Glad you got it covered.

Im having a nightmare.

1 year ago dealer changed front bushes, but did NOT do a geometry check (I didnt know they were supposed to do at the time, but then again I shouldnt need to).

Since then the car has been back several times for minor niggles, including a WINTER CHECKUP. No uneven wear was spotted, but then again they didnt even to spot the washer fluid was empty as part of the winter check so doesnt supprise me.

a few weeks ago, car goes into service with 23k on the clock only to be told 3 tyres are worn unevenly and needed replacing along with load of other warranty bits and bobs. I gave the go ahead to change on the basis they take this up with Landrover as I had heard of this problem before, gave them TSB etc.

LR asked them to carry out geometry check which they did and sent the info to LR.
Unfortunately the dealer without my or LR knowledge skipped the tyres so a full warranty claim could not be made.

LR customer service went mad and agreed with me the dealer should not have skipped tyres when an open warranty claim was in place.

So the problem now is LR cannot process the warranty and blame the dealer due to lack of info required to work out how much money to give me back on the tyres.

Dealer claims they were not asked to keep the tyres by me or LR so deadlock.

Having to now write a stinky letter to head of service and MD of dealership.
Dealer from the start claimed they had never seen this problem before and the TSB has been removed from computer system and got sh*tty with me on the phone when I rightfully said "not my problem you skipped the tyres when an open warranty call with LR is in place".

friggin dealers!!

Last edited by JC100 on 2nd May 2008 11:49 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #28950221st Apr 2008 2:39 pm
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Quote:
Since then the car has been back several times for minor niggles, including a WINTER CHECKUP. No uneven wear was spotted, but then again they didnt even to spot the washer fluid was empty as part of the winter check so doesnt supprise me.

Slightly off topic but mine went into (I guess) same dealer for a safety check up, told them specifically I would be driving to the Alps and wanted a thorough check plus some warranty bits. Car came back to me with no feedback at all, verbal or written, even though all 4 tyres were on the legal limit. Called to check on the warranty items, they said "have to order a part". Shame I had to call to find out. Month later and no part, no call from dealer. Moved to them after absolutely appalling service from Basingstoke. Guildford service is better but sadly workmanship etc is poor.

Am now seriously contemplating 150 mile round trip to LR yeovil as local service is so poor. Sadly in my limited experience LR aftersales service falls miles short of BMW/Merc etc.

Post #28952521st Apr 2008 3:04 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I can recommend taking it to Yeovil for an alignment check and adjustment, (although they did charge me for it - very reasonable though). Steering and tyre wear is spot on now after the complete cCensored k up Lancaster Reading made of it the first time. Make a list of what's wrong with it Whistle , they are pretty good usually. Thumbs Up

Post #28979821st Apr 2008 10:15 pm
ridgeback_moor

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Just got the latest LRO magazine through the door and there's a good wheel alignment article in there, using the D2 and D3 as an example. Thumbs Up
 Previously:
2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 S
1984 90 2.25 Petrol CSW
1992 90 200TDi Hard Top
1995 Discovery ES 300TDi
2003 90 TD5 Truck Cab

Post #29059123rd Apr 2008 1:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >