Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Unsuitable for Motors - but not garden waste or D3's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Unsuitable for Motors - but not garden waste or D3's

I spotted an unsuitable for motor vehicle road on the way home tonight ....

So I took the opportunity and took the long way home, only I went 300 meters before squeezing through a scratchy bit (no damage) then round the next corner was confronted by a 3 foot high wall of top soil (location noted may go back for that later). So having used the low box and off road settings in anger to get over several tons of soil I was thinking - victory until a 1/4 mile later several truck loads of conifer cuttings blocking the ditched lane - boll@x just upped the height and drove over the lot....

Other end of the road says Blaby Council actively prosecuting fly tippers - My Censored are they. In under a mile I had Soil trees and loads of builders waste all in a surrounding field. So I reported the road blocked to the free phone number on the sign - and will do once a week until they clear it !!!

Here's the location if anyone else wants to join in - above right of centre on the map from just under the Aston Firs Woods to just West Of Aston Flanville.

Click image to enlarge
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #10174214th Nov 2006 7:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simkna

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

That's only just up the road from me - may have a look sometime.

Whilst I think about it. I came off the eastbound M69 at the Hinckley/A5 turn, and while sitting there in traffic between the motorway and the A5 roundabout, I noticed a Defender doing some off-roady type activity just over the fence on the left, but didn't really get a chance to see what was going on. Anybody know what's there? Seemed like a green lane with obstacles, pallets etc. on it

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto
Rimini Red / Alpacca Leather

Post #10193015th Nov 2006 10:18 am
90BHP

A5 M69 Junction

I live 2 mins from there !!

To gain access I think you go left on A5 and then turn left, there is also a large area blocked off by a mount of earth that people just drive over. I will have to have a nosey, but I too have seen bikes and cars in that field.

As for my first post, here's the update:

Our District Cleaning have been out to investigate this site. Due to the amount of waste that has been tipped, they require a tractor to gain access to remove all of the fly tipping.

They are hoping to start work to remove this waste tomorrow, so by the end of the week/beginning of next week, this waste should all be cleared.
Post #10211815th Nov 2006 9:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
90BHP

Just re-read their reply.

"Need a tractor" or a Disco3, I made it easy Laughing
Post #10212715th Nov 2006 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >