Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

why do any of us use forums
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
vml3m

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I have been lurking on here for about 2 years before I plucked up the courage to buy a D3.

The information on here was so useful in helping to find the right one, getting advice on what to look for, what to check and what to avoid.

We found what we thought was the right one, after dismissing several based on the advice given on here (so thank you!!)

Had a gearbox flush by Bodsy a few weeks ago (wouldn't have known about this or him without this forum!) and he checked the car over and concluded we had bought well.

As for caravans, following an increasingly disappointing collection of Swifts, we bought a new Lunar last year. The forum and facebook pages are full of tales of woe, but ours has been spot on and we utterly adore it.

I think the answer is, for every 100 people complaining about things, the 5000 behind them who have no issues at all are mainly silent.

Same old adage, people are quick to complain but rare to compliment.

Love our D3, Love our Lunar........... I even have a Stag (with the proper engine that everyone says is awful).......... love that too!!
 2010 D4 HSE SDV6  
Post #190837030th Jan 2018 5:54 pm
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I sold my Disco about 6 months ago but still lurk on the site - I did miss the off road days that were setup by AndrewS and 10Forcash especially geronomo. I am sure I will be in a Disco again soon enough.

I have joined a BMW forum and I have to say not a patch on the knowledge I have gained from this site. If it wasn’t for this site I would have spent thousands with dealers for stuff covered by TSBs.

Current car is a 435d which is good but not a Disco.
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #190837330th Jan 2018 6:09 pm
ClassikFan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

We bought a 2013 Elddis and after a few years of waking up with water dripping on our bed we got rid and we now have a fantastic Adria and undisturbed nights! We had a great dealer who fixed everything as it went wrong but in the end we lost faith in British made caravans and looked elsewhere.

Hopefully Elddis under new ownership are getting the quality control issues fixed and your new van will be fine Al.

Post #190885731st Jan 2018 7:07 pm
trev 1

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Hopefully Elddis under new ownership are getting the quality control issues fixed! no their not! still turning out the same c--p, we bought a new Crusader last year 2017, rejected first one, second one had loads of faults and very poor workmanship/build quality, when you go to pick it up, go early armed with a pen and paper and give it a good check over. 80% of our faults should have been picked up on pdi by dealer, the rest should have been spotted by QC at Elddis.
 Serbian Silver 2011 Discovery 4 HSE SDV6 8 speed auto  
Post #19099272nd Feb 2018 10:56 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

before we bought our first I read the forum and it frighten the pants off me as all it appeared to talk about was broken or problem discos...nothings changed over the years...its just a bit more fun talkin about it

Post #19099663rd Feb 2018 12:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >