DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

USA- Chicago, Pick Up My LR4 Tomorrow!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
augustanamark

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR4
USA- Chicago, Pick Up My LR4 Tomorrow!

Hello Disco World,
New to the forum, I have been reading for the past month in preparation for the delivery. I ordered the LR4 back in June and my delivery date has been pushed back week to week. However, I drove to the dealership (Winnetka) on Friday when they said it would be in and it is! I couldn't take delivery Friday or Saturday because they apparently didn't have anyone to "prep" the vehicle. Saw the car however (through the shrink wrap) and it is gorgeous. I have an HSE Lux PLUS package that has in addition to the US's LUX package, the surround cameras and the heavy duty package. I have the Santorini with Ebony and Walnut Wood interior. I liked the wood better to not show the dust and fingerprints as bad as the piano wood along with I like a higher contrast. I got the rear seat entertainment but did not get the 20" Wheels because of recommendations on this site. I however had to order roof rails because apparently they leave the roof rails off in the states even for higher derivatives. And the cross bars (I am hoping they will be the brushed aluminum vs. the older black plastic) and I ordered a rear ladder. The ladder however I am not too sure about! I like they way it looks (strictly looks) because it gives the LR4 a little bit more of the Disco 2 look. Do any of you have a rear ladder and ever find it useful? I will gladly post pics as soon as I get it tomorrow or Tuesday! Is it pathetic that I feel I may have a sleepless night ahead of me in excitement? Very Happy

Mark
 2011 FFRR HSE LUX
Fuji White/Jet/Jet/Piano Black
Jet Headliner, Wood Steering Wheel, with Design Pack

2010 LR4 HSE LUX Plus
Rear Seat Entertainment
Santorini Black/Ebony/Straight Grain Wood
Cross Bars and Rear Access Ladder
North Shore (Wilmette)

Previous:
2009 RRS SC HST Stormer Ed.
2006 FFRR HSE
2004 FFRR HSE 

Post #5438851st Nov 2009 9:04 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Congratulations Mark. Many here know that "night before the pick up" feeling. Its like being a kid again on Christmas Eve. Hope you really enjoy your D4.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #5439061st Nov 2009 9:19 pm
drmcw

United Kingdom 

Sounds very nice indeed. Might have to see what Martin can do about the LR4 profile as it's not 4.4 now it's 5.0 isn't it? Whistle

Post #5439081st Nov 2009 9:21 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi & Welcome
I know just how you feel - I picked my D4 (Stornoway Grey with black leather and wood - Like you I couldn't face the finger marks!) up on Friday after what seemed like an interminable wait. I'm sure you'll be as pleased with yours as I am with mine. I've been finding excuses to drive all over the place all weekend Very Happy
Enjoy!
Richard

Post #5439171st Nov 2009 9:25 pm
augustanamark

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR4

Went to go pick it up today, signed all the papers, the roof rails and cross bars are on. While putting on the roof rails they noticed the alpine roof has a SMALL crack in it Big Cry So they thankfully had an extra glass roof and are having it installed as we speak. Traded in the Jeep so they had to give me a loaner. Had told people I was picking up the new car today and showed up in an 08 LR3 SE BASE, really embarrassing! Also had them take off the LR4 logo and put "Land Rover" Lettering in the back like the posted picture. It looks REALLY hot with the badge. Will post pictures as soon as I have possession.
 2011 FFRR HSE LUX
Fuji White/Jet/Jet/Piano Black
Jet Headliner, Wood Steering Wheel, with Design Pack

2010 LR4 HSE LUX Plus
Rear Seat Entertainment
Santorini Black/Ebony/Straight Grain Wood
Cross Bars and Rear Access Ladder
North Shore (Wilmette)

Previous:
2009 RRS SC HST Stormer Ed.
2006 FFRR HSE
2004 FFRR HSE