Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Used Disco 3's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NightFox

United Kingdom 
Used Disco 3's

Just wondered if I’m the first forum member to be driving a previously-owned D3 (and not even a demonstrator)?

Picked it up last Wednesday, TDV6 S Auto in Silver with front driving lights, rear light protectors and side rubbing strips. First registered 13th December 2004, with 5900 miles on the clock (a few more now! Laughing ). Apparently the previous owner got the S, a couple of his mates then got SEs, so he traded it in for a HSE!

I was originally going to leave it till about this time next year hoping second hand values would drop a bit, but test drove a demonstrator at Easter weekend and realised that the first batch of demonstrators were up for sale and after the test drive couldn’t resist it. I then spent several hundred miles driving around the country trying to get the best deal for my 1999 “V” TD5 GS Manual 86,000 miles in Kinversand Bronze and good-for-age condition. Have to say I was pretty disappointed by what dealers were offering and the total reluctance to budge on prices for used vehicles, despite my very best efforts. I ended up paying £22,000 (+ a measly £8,500 trade-in Crying or Very sad ), which was a lot more than I wanted and I still feel was a bit more than reasonable, though I guess it’s a question of supply and demand. Nice that someone else covers a bit of the initial depreciation, but I still miss out on the “new car” thing (and the LR Experience voucher!).

Have to say I love the car, no doubt about it, just get a bit of a feeling that I maybe could have paid a bit less? What do you lot think? Question

Post #18554th Apr 2005 12:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >