Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Useful Links to buying Tyres online
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
garyr

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Useful Links to buying Tyres online

Collected various links to online tyre purchasing. Thought you might find them useful (but I don't endorse or course!)

Smile

* www.blackcircles.com - order your tyres then choose to go to one of their nominated fitting agents in your area.

* www.etyres.co.uk- order your tyres online and give dates and address (home, work etc) where you want them fitted.They then call to confirm the details and come to your chosen venue to fit the tyres.

* Event mobile tyres www.event-tyres.co.uk/- order your tyres and arrange dates and address (home, work etc) where you want them fitted.

* Mytyres.co.uk - order online then choose from one of 1,267 fitting agents around the UK to have the tyres fitted.

* Pneus-online www.pneus-online.co.uk/ - order online then choose from one of pneus online's designated fitting agents around the UK to have the tyres fitted.

* Tyres-online -www.tyres-online.co.uk/ links into blackcircles.com

* Tyreplus -www.tyreplus.co.uk/ asks you to choose from a 100 local independent tyre retailers, order your tyres and then go there to have them fitted.

* Tyreshopper - www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/Claims to have over 1,000 fitting centres throughout the UK. Choose one, order your tyres and then go there to have them fitted.
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #29300828th Apr 2008 9:26 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

A Sticky???

Post #29301328th Apr 2008 9:32 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Nah, it's free advertising for them if it's sticky
 The End  
Post #29310328th Apr 2008 11:55 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

just about to put cash on the table for conti's contacts at a staggering £93.00 plus vat, balanced and fitted at wotton bassett tyres, nr swindon (235/70/R17 H 111) Whistle

Spent a few hours last week doing the same, amazing the difference, take for example Kwikfit who have 40% off Conti's till end of the month, still want the same monies as everyone else (around £145) after the discount and you've got to buy 2 tyres at the same time for that money!!! Big Cry

Post #29310628th Apr 2008 11:57 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Any-one used Event tyres out and about?

Rather than start a new thread - this one mentioned Event Tyres http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ among others...

They just had a commendation on price and service in the Daily Telegraph, particularly for a trashed tyre on the road. Since there may be times when you don't want (/ can't) change your own wheel, don't want to run on the get-you-home spare and/or need to be back to 100% condition (as in - you're on your way to the ferry/Channel Tunnel), a fair-priced "outreach" (how cosy!) service that mentions 4x4 in their home-page and has recommendations on here MUST come high on your who-do-I-call list. Especially if SWMBO is sitting at the roadside and you're in a different country... Confused

So - has anyone any experience of calling them out? And is their nationwide cover uniform or patchy?
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #41228031st Jan 2009 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

character wrote:
... at wootton bassett tyres...

What's your feeling about these guys professionalism Character? I gave up on these guys years (10+) ago after they insisted they'd replaced the valves and balanced the wheels when they hadn't. This was on my Grandad's car I was sorting out. It'd had been laid up for years and at some point the rims had been painted with silver hamerite (it was a ford cortina in dysentry brown, so that was classy Smile ) and the silver paint was still visible on the perished valve stems and the weights after they'd "finished".
The manager tried to back up the spanner who'd mucked it all up so I pushed until I got them re-worked to my satisfaction (imagine the language I heard behind my back) and then never returned. Is it time to forgive and forget? Laughing
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #41248831st Jan 2009 10:29 pm
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I usually get the fitted tyre quote from Blackcircles then my local Kwikfit price matches the online quote. Saves me money and a local business gets the trade so everyone is happy.

Post #41249231st Jan 2009 10:38 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

741hcr wrote:
... then my local Kwikfit price matches the online quote. Saves me money and a local business gets the trade so everyone is happy.

You can't really say that ...although you just did.
Your Kwikfit is a branch of a national chain ...
the ones who try to put the independants out of business.
It's like saying ......
'I buy from my branch of Tesco, because they're a local business et etc...!'
Embarassed
sorry for being so pc.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #4125601st Feb 2009 12:31 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Also, don't forget that you can get tyres here via PM - that' still mostly on-line Smile
http://www.ajstyres.co.uk
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #4126961st Feb 2009 1:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >