Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Vacuum Booster Issue- RECALL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Surely that is irrelavant if you are still in Warranty, they have to fix it either way - under warranty or under recall Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #50985620th Aug 2009 5:21 pm
barryp

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Update, see above, booked my car in to have the PO17 Recall fitted this morning at Trivett Land Rover at Alexandria.

I was called an hour after dropping off the car and advised that they didn't have authority to proceed from LR Australia. I showed them the paperwork showing my VIN as in the middle of the series requiring the work and was told that they couldn't do the work until they received a notification from LRA. I advised the service rep that mine already had oil in the pipe and clearly needed the safety recall/modification.

I think that this LR3 site is excellent but we appear get info quicker than LR can move to actually do the work.

I will get onto LR customer service Australia and see if I can get them to speed up the process.

I quoted the recall number PO17 to Trivett when I booked the car in and should have been advised of any the issue then, not after wasting time dropping the car off.

Regards

Barry P
 2017 Range Rover Sport TDV6 L494 Fuji White
2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 L320 Fuji White Loved but GONE
2010 TRAKKA Motorhome Fiat Ducato GONE (What a dud, don't buy one)
2006 Discovery 3 SE TDV6 Automatic Chawton White/Ebony. Loved but GONE
2006 BMW X5 diesel White/Charcoal, Bought new, gone after 12 years! Excellent vehicle.
Ex Member Range Rover Club NSW 

Post #51082224th Aug 2009 1:20 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

There's something funny going on with this recall.....

We checked my VIN against the dealer computer last week - they knew all about the P017 recall, but although mine is in the VIN range, it isn't included in the recall as it is a EURO III.

A couple of D3'ers from Spain have also done the same with mixed results....

One with a MY08 EURO IV (within the affected VIN range) has been informed that his D3 is not covered by the recall, yet someone with an early EURO III (dakota on this forum) is having it applied in the next couple of weeks....

Some dealers know all about it and have instructions to start contacting customers early September, whilst other dealers seem to know nothing about it, and even when they are persuaded to check it in the LR system, the D3s that should be included are not...

Can anyone explain this? It's very strange.....
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #51083824th Aug 2009 8:10 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

LR don't seem to have a clue which vehicles are affected. Mine was built just before Nov '05, so it's Euro III, falls outside the VIN range, yet there are traces of oil in the vacuum pipe, and even though the brake fluid was changed at the last service 9 months ago, I'm pretty sure it now looks darker in colour than I remember. I sincerely hope they are going to issue a recall for my vehicle very soon Evil or Very Mad

Post #51084124th Aug 2009 8:40 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Recall has now been extended to 51,000 UK vehicles Whistle
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #51279728th Aug 2009 9:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bob.

United Kingdom 

Disco_Mikey wrote:

Can't see recalls for UK cars listed in GTR yet - only "Brake Vacuum Assistance System - Recall Action (Export Markets ONLY) Reference: P017_ROW (1).

Am I missing something?

Post #51349631st Aug 2009 9:59 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Land Rover are issuing a recall for later vehicles and not earlier. On the basis of safety (that the earlier ones that have oil in will lead to brake failure sooner) I cannot undersand why they have left them out.
Here if you are in the VIN they will not let it out of the workshop until it is done. If it's earlier then you are on your own. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #51349831st Aug 2009 10:04 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Bob. wrote:
Disco_Mikey wrote:

Can't see recalls for UK cars listed in GTR yet - only "Brake Vacuum Assistance System - Recall Action (Export Markets ONLY) Reference: P017_ROW (1).

Am I missing something?

Used to work at a main dealer, was speaking to a few of the guys that are still there and thats what they are saying Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #51367431st Aug 2009 8:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fish

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Just had mine done no questions asked 07 model in warrenty. New servo, vac pump etc.

Post #51371531st Aug 2009 8:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >