Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Vanmaster into administration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Rudski

United Kingdom 
Vanmaster into administration

Looking for some advice, come over from the dark side as its a bit more caravan friendly on here.

Purchased a new vanmaster in December, phoned up today to sort out some niggles.

Sorry sir the administrators are in Shocked The question is does that now mean my warranty is Invalid Question

If bought out is the new company obliged to honour the existing warrantys Question I think I know the answer to these questions just hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice of where I stand Big Cry

Thanks in advance

Mark
 D3 HSE gone and missed.
RRS with all the trimmings, Now. 

Post #109682130th Apr 2013 6:58 pm
Pelyma

England 

I have a Fleetwood and the same happened to them. The first years warranty was with Fleetwood so would have been invalid, but the second and third years was provided by an insurance company and was ok. As it happened the dealer I bought the van from went under before year 2 & 3 were registered so I had no cover. If there is an owners club I would register with them as in the future they can be invaluable for spares and advice. We've had it 6 or 7 years and tbh it hasn't been an issue.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #109686330th Apr 2013 7:50 pm
Ian825

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I bought a vanmaster just before the last administration do in 2009, the then new owners - now outgoing replied to some of my emails in very nasty way to say that the warranty was nothing to do with them.
I didn't take up the option of insurance type warranty as I struggled to see the benefit at the time, the minor problems I have encountered have been sorted by indepenents for a fraction of the cost of the insurance scheme extended warranty.
Not all vans will be the same - just my experience, I've had damp traced, stopped & repaired, the heater unit repaired under warranty by the indy as he recoginised that the unit was new and he was a approved repairer/agent, which was a very nice and honest gesture.
So my experience was not negative, we still like the van and will struggle to change it.

Ian

Post #109687730th Apr 2013 8:08 pm
Rudski

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies

Going to try and speak to the administrators tomorrow to get further clarification.

When we bought it we said it was going to be a keeper due to the expense, but it would have been nice to have some warranty security plus we had been promised a reduced first service cause of water leak on our first days trial.

Thanks again for your replies ill update tomorrow if I get any Joy from the administrators Thumbs Up
 D3 HSE gone and missed.

Post #109699430th Apr 2013 10:28 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

we bought our vanmaster 1 year ago and like you had decided it was a keeper as we are very happy with it, but will just have to see what comes of the warrenty if and when they find new owners, have just had it serviced and was just about to take a 5 year deal for the servicing looks like i got lucky for once as hadn't paid the £1200 for 5 years servicing Thumbs Up , when i rang to arrange the 5 year deal i also was informed they where in administration and that they where looking for a buyer.
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #10971551st May 2013 9:52 am
Rudski

United Kingdom 

Tintenta think you've definitely had a close shave there.

Just spoken to the admin outfit basically any warranty work outstanding will not be honoured as trading has ceased but they will put me on a list of creditors owed Sad

Any new company buying do not have to honour any warranty and if they do it will be a gesture of goodwill, but I won't hold my breath. Big Cry

It's the people who have got part built vans who have a 10% deposit down who will be the biggest losers here, if there's no money left in the pot at the end then then think they will struggle to receive anything back.

Oh we'll looks like any work needing to be carried out will have to be a DIY job, Rolling Eyes

Anybody know of a good mobile service engineer for yearly servicing in the Lake District. Question
 D3 HSE gone and missed.

Post #10973441st May 2013 4:42 pm
moorman

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Also own a Vanmaster but didn't take on the extended service as too risky. If people have used credit cards for these payments and for deposits they may well be covered so all might not be lost.
Interesting to note that the people who took over in 2009 ceased being directors one at the end of last year and the other at the beginning of this year. The new directors were employees at the factory - something fishy methinks. If you take a look at the previous directors they are deeply involved in liquidated companies all over the place - the list is very extensive. When will this country introduce a system whereby all Limited Liability Companies must have an insurance that covers all their customers for monies paid and have directors who are personally liable. You get sick and tired of hearing of companies going bust and then surfacing with some obscure family member or friend in charge (but only on paper) but the same faces actually running the show. Rant over.
We picked our van up in 2010 paid deposit on credit card and a bank transfer when we collected and only after we had checked it out in person and it was virtually hooked up to Disco although we slept in it at the factory because they said the money wasn't in their account and suggested we use a hotel - not likely - my caravan I ain't leaving without it!
Would you say I was distrustful or just sensible and cautious?

Post #110309313th May 2013 2:51 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Heard at the weekend that Vanmaster are now back trading...
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #111012229th May 2013 4:48 pm
tintenter

is that the same people or new owners do we know, and how did you hear
 Tintenter

Post #111012529th May 2013 4:56 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

See the Vanmaster Owners Club site. New owner, lot of staff taken back on.

Post #111014229th May 2013 5:40 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

A friend has one and has been watching as his service is due and he needed some items repairing too...I know he's dropping it off in 2 weeks for service and warranty work so it seems new owner in place. He'd said at weekend when asked, that it was all ok....again !
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #111015829th May 2013 6:33 pm
tintenter

all sounding good just need to see where we stand with warrenty Confused
 Tintenter

Post #111017229th May 2013 7:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >