Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Vehicle Software Upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
BN

England 

Gareth it is not an expedition, we do this as an everyday thing. My guys commute. Most are Dutch who speak several languages and are as hard as nails. We have offered to take LR Experience trainers in the past, but no takers. Maybe they no something we don't!!

Post #19517th Apr 2005 9:29 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sounds like more fun than working with computers all day 8)

Post #19527th Apr 2005 9:32 pm
Ecosse

BN - sounds VERY interesting (have you a website with pics? Very Happy ) - I wonder if LR realise that their attitude is alienating not only individual buyers but "fleet" buyers like your company. Very interested to hear what response you get!

Post #19618th Apr 2005 8:56 am
BN

England 

Good morning Ecosse, this morning I have spoken to a very nice guy at LR, Tom Hawkes who is going to work with Simon Gouche of LR to answer my questions and many others. If nothing else with the forum we will know all the guys names who work for LR even if we do not receive any answers. Re our web, we do have a site, but only on the Road Transport Consultancy side. The rest we do more discreetly. I am not a picture taking sort, but no doubt somewhere the guys have some good ones. I see what we have.

Post #19648th Apr 2005 11:58 am
Ecosse

BN wrote:
this morning I have spoken to a very nice guy at LR, Tom Hawkes who is going to work with Simon Gouche of LR to answer my questions and many others.
BN - without being too cynical Wink , I have heard this before from LR CS - there idea of "answering questions" does not seem to include "resolving problems"!! But, maybe Wink , your extra commercial clout will make a difference!  
Post #19668th Apr 2005 12:25 pm
BN

England 

Ecosse wrote:
BN wrote:
this morning I have spoken to a very nice guy at LR, Tom Hawkes who is going to work with Simon Gouche of LR to answer my questions and many others.
BN - without being too cynical Wink , I have heard this before from LR CS - there idea of "answering questions" does not seem to include "resolving problems"!! But, maybe Wink , your extra commercial clout will make a difference!
Ecosse, I am not holding my breath, but I do have another angle if this fails.  
Post #19678th Apr 2005 1:04 pm
nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

i`m with you fellas,
picked up my d3 on xmas eve after a lot of frustrating fone calls to the dealer,
and 1k deposit back in august. but driving down to the alps four up, with ski`s boards and luggage was well worth the wait. but at -26, cabin pre heat would have been a bonus at eleven o`clock at nite when i was trying to set it to come on the following morning. doh! maybe i should sue for frostbite....
like the site

disco3 / hse/ adriatic-alpaca... fantastic

Post #203010th Apr 2005 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome to the forum Nick Smile

I'd love to take my 90 to the Alps skiing, very jealous Very Happy I think a Disco is probably a bit comfier to drive down there and around in Wink

Martin

Post #203210th Apr 2005 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I intend to take mine to the French Alps next winter. I really would like a solution by then.

I have never ski'd the Alps before, when are the best times to go?

Post #203510th Apr 2005 10:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The times not to go are Xmas/New Year, the French school holidays and Easter - though it is late next year. In my opinion, last week in Jan/first week in Feb. If you want it warmer, but less likely to get good snow conditions, end March or early April are okay. It was dumping down with the white stuff when I left yesterday morning, so anyone skiing over the weekend and into the first half of next week will have a ball.

Post #205510th Apr 2005 10:57 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Think I might have found a problem with the pre-heater (apart from the obvious one) Crying or Very sad

Saturday morning it was pretty cool (3 degrees c according to the Disco), so at 9:40 I set the pre-heater to come on at 9:45, and left the radio on etc. Came out at 10:10 and the heater was humming away as it should, and the cabin was nice and warm. Turned the ignition on, and was surprised to see that the pre-heat light didn’t go off; put the gearbox it into “Drive”, and still surprised that light stayed on. Drove off and hardly had any power – it was as if the box was set in low range, and the revs were limited – felt a bit like it was in the “Snow and Grass” program in low range. Had to put it into Neutral and blip the accelerator a couple of times, then the light went out and it was business as usual. Confused

Not sure if this would be unique to the automatic box, but although I guess not many people are regularly using their pre-heaters for obvious reasons, has anyone else had similar experience?

Post #207811th Apr 2005 9:32 am
Pelyma

England 

Hi Nightfox, I had that once, switched off and removed the key then it was fine!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #208811th Apr 2005 11:17 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
Hi Nightfox, I had that once, switched off and removed the key then it was fine!

Is yours an auto or manual?

Post #208911th Apr 2005 11:43 am
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
I intend to take mine to the French Alps next winter. I really would like a solution by then.

I have never ski'd the Alps before, when are the best times to go?

Picking my D3HSE next Tuesday and then off the Alps that Friday..very excited. The season for the most part end about 20th April and prices drop drastically. If you go high enough there is no problem still skiing. Tignes/Val D'Isere start at 1800m and at the top it is over 3000, so you can even ski in the summer!

PS: the 3 bedroom Chalet I am renting usullay cost €1700 but at the end of April it is €800.
 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor
1950 Massey Ferguson Tractor 

Post #209311th Apr 2005 12:14 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

NightFox wrote:
Mr J Greenwell
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Land Rover
Banbury Road
Gaydon
Warwickshire
CV35 0RR

Dear Mr Greenwell,

You will be aware that the Discovery 3 is equipped with a "Cabin Pre-Heat" and "Cabin Pre-Cool" feature on all but (possibly) the base models, which allows the cabin to be heated or cooled for 30 minutes at a pre-selected time, by means of the fitted Webasto fuel burning heater or forced air circulation accordingly.

You will also be aware that the current functionality of this feature is impaired, in that the timer will only trigger activation if the radio is switched on at the time, and furthermore the radio is configured to turn off after approximately one hour once keys have been removed from the ignition.

To date, the response to this issue from Land Rover has been disappointing. Dealers appear to be either misinformed or completely unaware of this issue, and the response from Land Rover Customer Service varies from blind denial that the feature even exists, through to more concerning statements that the functionality will be removed in toto as part of a future software upgrade.

Notwithstanding the potential criminal and civil legal implications surrounding such an intention, this response is unacceptable. Claiming that this feature is undocumented and therefore does not exist is insulting - the feature clearly does exist; the issue is that it does not function correctly. In the absence of any statement detailing any reason why the remediation of this feature is unviable, a large number of loyal customers are left having to conclude that - in the absence of any evidence to the contrary - Land Rover has little or no inclination to support its existing customers, particularly where there is no potential revenue to be recognized in doing so.

I would offer you this opportunity to address this conception by either:

a) Investigating, developing and implementing a solution to this issue, or,

b) Issuing a clear statement detailing why remediation of this feature is unviable.

You should be flattered that the loyalty of your existing Discovery 3 owner-base is such that there is a reluctance to “do our dirty washing in public” by bringing this situation to the attention of the motoring press. At this stage, we would rather hold on to the belief that your willingness to maintain customer satisfaction will prevail. Please do not let us down – it would be most disappointing to feel that this loyalty was being taken for granted or abused.

Well, after about 3 weeks, I've just had a message from "Chris at Land Rover" left an my answerphone who has asked if I can give him a call with reference to my letter...

Before I call though, has anyone had any previous dealings with Chris? Presumably he's LR CS.

I will let you all know the outcome, but somehow I can predict the conversation already Crying or Very sad

Post #30723rd May 2005 1:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >