DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Vibration over 55mph , fingers crossed now resolved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

PROFSR G wrote:
gstuart wrote:
just looking at the data from mine when I was doing around 30-55mph is my MAP suppose to be that high in g/s readings plse

Plus if i plug in a fuel pressure gauge onto the fuel shrieder valve would that tell me if the fuel filter connections are correct plse or is the only way to physically check the hoses orientation plse

Many thks

No the fuel pressure won't be specific enough to tell if the pipes are on incorrectly, visual as M3DPO says is the only way. As for your earlier question re the fuel rail pressure sensor, just select "Fuel Pressure" in live values as this is taken from that sensor and ignore the option called "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor"

Have a look at "Boost Pressure Actuator" and "Boost Pressure Adjustment" Select them and post them here as I suspect your wiring/connector might be at fault. Thumbs Up

Apologises , just released I selected that boost actuator shown above and comes up NA

I’ll check that boost pressure adjustment , thks for the heads up

I’ll also check the iat sensor as I think thats on the same circuit as the turbo

Very grateful and thks again

Post #22653754th Dec 2021 9:34 am
gstuart

Just quickly done this , see the booster is NA

Just tested and when I turn the engine off the turbo actuator moves , but of course assume that doesn’t mean it’s working right

Trying to get to the fuel filter

Will update as I go along to what I’m able to do

Thks again

Post #22653844th Dec 2021 10:54 am
gstuart

Apologises as I couldnt get under the landy , took the best I could picture of the fuel filter and written down what the colours are

Also found an EU3 wiring diagram which I think is correct for my 2005 D3

On inspecting the engine I noticed some cable ties around the Maf / iAT sensor , for the life of my I don’t remember this, will order a new one

Also checked all the engine bay fuses , all ok and even replaced many with new ones

Alas haven’t got anywhere as couldnt really stand for much longer , wondering if I should get the garage to pick it up as it’s bugging the hell out of me when my disco isn’t 100%

Did think about looking at the ECM but couldnt lift the battery out , things like this when I can’t do something drives me insane

But will at least order a new iAT sensor , doubt very much that’s an issue but unhappy the way it is

See the booster one is still N/A even moving the Maf wire with no change , that’s if the one that controls it ?? , when I turned the engine off the turbo actuator arm moved back and forth

Many thks as always

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #22653934th Dec 2021 12:10 pm
gstuart

Ref the Boost Pressure Actuator, looks like I need to wait until I update the iid as I can only see one Boost Pressure Actuator setting

Will be updating the iid in the next couple of weeks, as got to wait for the cheap second hand Mac laptop I ordered , plus hopefully the new Maf / iAT will be here so can at least change that

Apologises I’m waffling again

Post #22653964th Dec 2021 12:19 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Are you getting anything for "boost pressure adjustment"?

It seems odd that you can hear the actuator cycling after shut down, but at the same time the tool is apparently unable to see the actuator with the engine running.
(You're not listening to the EGR's cycling are you?) Laughing

Take her out again with the tool connected to "live values" on the actuator bank 1, boost pressure adjustment, and manifold pressure only. Then when it's fully warmed up drive it hard up to 50mph. Do it continuously for about 5 miles slowing down and then accelerating hard back up to 50mph or until the ECM has had enough. Laughing

Then read the codes again and post the results. Forget about the other "live values" for now Gary as most are not relevant for now, and they'll only serve to complicate the issue. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22654104th Dec 2021 2:59 pm
PROFSR G

I forgot to mention to include the oil temp as well Gary along with the others, and record them (log) as you drive Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22654144th Dec 2021 3:30 pm
gstuart

PROFSR G wrote:
Are you getting anything for "boost pressure adjustment"?

It seems odd that you can hear the actuator cycling after shut down, but at the same time the tool is apparently unable to see the actuator with the engine running.
(You're not listening to the EGR's cycling are you?) Laughing

Take her out again with the tool connected to "live values" on the actuator bank 1, boost pressure adjustment, and manifold pressure only. Then when it's fully warmed up drive it hard up to 50mph. Do it continuously for about 5 miles slowing down and then accelerating hard back up to 50mph or until the ECM has had enough. Laughing

Then read the codes again and post the results. Forget about the other "live values" for now Gary as most are not relevant for now, and they'll only serve to complicate the issue. Thumbs Up

Many thks mate

My Mac laptop turned up and been trying for the last few hours to update my iid , for the love of god as have been going from one link to another to allow me to download the app

So just started a laptop update and that will take another hour or so, why can’t things be simple

Will then see if I can email the gap iid to myself and pick it up on the Mac

Can’t see actuator 1 on my live value list , or boost pressure adjustment so assume that’s on the updated iid

Just abit frustrating but once I have the gap iid updated I will indeed do as u instructed to see if we can get somewhere , at the moment computer says no, lmao

Thks again and very grateful to u , oh and ordered a new iAT sensor , comes complete with body

Will of course update u as soon as I can get things working

Post #22654184th Dec 2021 3:54 pm
gstuart

PROFSR G wrote:
I forgot to mention to include the oil temp as well Gary along with the others, and record them (log) as you drive Thumbs Up

No probs mate and will add that to the live values / record log

Thks again

Post #22654194th Dec 2021 3:54 pm
PROFSR G

What firmware version were you running? The latest version shouldn't be much different in terms of live values!
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22654244th Dec 2021 4:38 pm
gstuart

Sorry can’t remember , the computer kept sending me from website to website

I did email Pat ( as always extremely helpful ) as I was worried I kept doing things wrong , page 40 of the manual and now all sorted out with the new version, on the Mac, iPhone and iPad

So just going to go out and plug the iid back in and select the ones u said

Take her out again with the tool connected to "live values" on the actuator bank 1, boost pressure adjustment, and manifold pressure only. Then when it's fully warmed up drive it hard up to 50mph. Do it continuously for about 5 miles slowing down and then accelerating hard back up to 50mph or until the ECM has had enough

Plus add the oil temperature and will indeed post the results , pic of the update I just did , just wondering after I’ve pressed live record is there time limit , what I mean is if it’s recording for ages am I then able to read the log when the ecm decides to throw up an error code please , many thks and sorry for the daft question

Thks so much once again

Ps Ref the turbo actuator , I watched the arm move through the wheelarch just to make sure it wasn’t the egrs Thumbs Up

Post #22654284th Dec 2021 5:51 pm
PROFSR G

Great, see how that goes Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22654324th Dec 2021 5:55 pm
Lumi

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

gstuart wrote:
Lumi wrote:
It seems that I have something to be worried too Neutral

Plse no probs at all, hope u don’t mind me adding that ur battery voltage is extremely low

That’s why I was worried! In fact the alternator was dying and I just made it to a indie in Oxford. It costed me an eye Censored
Today I went to Birmingham and a rear wheel bearing started to grinding, checked with few indies around but no one wanted to touch the car! Now I’m grounded here, the car undrivable, called my recovery company, told them the wheel bearing is gone and after 2 hours they sent me a chap with a minivan to see if he could sort me out tightening few bolts Evil or Very Mad now waiting for alternative solutions as they won’t take me home in London. What a weekend! Censored
Rant over, sorry.

Hope you’re starting to grasp what’s going on with your landy.
Stay warm!

Post #22654524th Dec 2021 8:02 pm
gstuart

Hi Lumi

Ah the joys of ownership and always like throwing a tantrum when it’s bloody cold

Glad u got the alternator sorted out and hope u get the bearing resolved and get back home , Plse let us know how u bet on

Just come back from testing the live data logs, alas doesn’t mean much to me , lol

Can see me trading wires one by one Rolling with laughter

Post #22654574th Dec 2021 8:30 pm
gstuart

PROFSR G wrote:
Great, see how that goes Thumbs Up

Hi buddy

Really hope I’ve done this correctly , got it down a dual carriageway, the vibration now starts around 60 mph , took it up to 80 mph and to be honest the vibration didn’t increase but was there, disappears below 55mph

All I’ve done was to mess around with the iAT sensor ( have ordered a new one as not happy with it )

It simply wouldn’t go into limp mode , tried my best but now fault code is turbo underboost

Have attached the data logs , plus Pat very kindly sent me some info as I was talking to him about the update etc

Here’s what he kindly sent , ( thks again Pat )

Wiring attached

P120F-00 Fuel Pressure Regulator Excessive Variation - No sub type information
Fuel pressure regulator signal circuit short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit
Fuel pressure regulator VREF circuit high resistance
Fuel pressure regulator failure
Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic system, check for fuel pump related DTCs
Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the fuel pressure regulator signal circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit. Repair wiring harness as required
Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the fuel pressure regulator VREF circuit for high resistance. Repair wiring harness as required, Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic system, clear all stored DTCs using the ‘Diagnosis Menu’ tab and retest
Check and install a new Fuel pressure regulator as required

P004600 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Circuit Range/Performance
Variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) actuator circuit high resistance
VGT actuator circuit short circuit to ground
VGT actuator circuit short circuit to power
VGT actuator failure
ECM failure
Refer to the electrical guides and check the VGT circuit. Refer to the warranty policy and procedures manual if a module is suspect.

Ref the above info regarding the VGT wires don’t know if I can get to the turbo and if the connector comes off, as I was wondering if I can disconnect the turbo actuator connector and remove the ECM connector and then do a continuity test on each wire , don’t know what u think please

As always im extremely grateful for the awesome help , thk u

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #22654594th Dec 2021 8:39 pm
gstuart

This is the sensor I’ve ordered , ( circled in picture) , plus found the VGT wires , I replaced fuse 13 in the engine bays fuse box which goes to valve control fuel volume

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #22654604th Dec 2021 8:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >