Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

video from dealer when in for a service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
video from dealer when in for a service

I think I have seen that others have had one of these when their car is it the main dealers for work. I have just been sent one, but am really not impressed. The guy has walked round my car telling me all is good, topped up fluids (which I hope is incorrect and that it had an oil and filter change), tyre wear is is good (I hope so as I only fitted my winters on saturday), pad wear is 30% worn of Front (OK), 20% worn rear (WTF - new pads fitted Saturday!!).

Lets see what they have to say when I collect it.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #187369330th Oct 2017 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Can you video the collection discussion? Whistle Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #187371330th Oct 2017 2:07 pm
al cope

England 

Well I got some appologies, but as I said to the service chap - it leaves me (yet again) feeling disappointed with the service. All he had to do was say "Fronts are 30% worn, but I can see the rears have been done recently" - Then I would have gone away thinking thats OK, he had noticed and was therefore paying "attention". He had my tyres at 4mm, when I have doubled checked when back home and all are at 6mm.

Its seems the main dealers are more intersted in checking if I want coffee, and in ensuring my car is clean, and "can I remember to fill in the survey that I will get sent to me". I'm not interested in this crap - just want whoever is working on my car to show they know what they are doing.

It seems all main dealers have gone this way now in pursuit of what they think is "customer Service" Big Cry

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #187379930th Oct 2017 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anglefire

England 

I had a video from BMW when I had mine 530d in for a service a week or so ago - I was actually quite impressed as they marked all the tyres with the depth - accurate or not, they were somewhere close to what they should be - and even poked the camera around the pads and said they have plenty left (The computer on the dash recons the rear will last another 70k Shocked ) - He then went to the back of the car and the diff to show me the splits on the diff mounts.

I rang up the dealer and discussed this - and its booked in on friday to have it replaced - under warranty. Thumbs Up
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #187392830th Oct 2017 10:10 pm
bobgolden

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I just had the winter wheels fitted to my X5 at the BMW dealer near me. Sometimes you get the video, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you get an invoice, sometimes you don’t.

The only constant is they always manage to mess something up so I have to make a second visit for them to apologise and fix it. This time, I just haven’t found it yet.

I’m still thinking of a Panda 4x4 to replace it with. It may still be crappy dealer service but it won’t grate as much for the price of the car etc.
 2010 MX-5 2.0 Sport Tech PRHT
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip

Gone BMW X5 xDrive 30d M Sport (F15)
Gone Disco 4 HSE SD V6
Gone 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7TD Premium Luxury 

Post #18747331st Nov 2017 9:33 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:

It seems all main dealers have gone this way now in pursuit of what they think is "customer Service" Big Cry

Al

Its what they have to do to keep JLR happy, if they dont meet JLR's customer service, showroom and workshop standards then they could be out. One dealer didnt bow down he just bowed out

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/11...d-company/
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #18747401st Nov 2017 9:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: