Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Africa

warrantee issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
coala

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
warrantee issues

On a recent trip to the Namibia I was crossing a dry river bed, stopped and got out - beer in hand (well it was 43 degrees). My brother driving an old T raider asked if I void my warranty – Flabbergasted I asked what do you mean? – He said don’t you void your warrantee if you drink beer inside a new disco3. he he he - but this is getting ridiculous. I am trying to fit LR OEM spot lights to my disco – but without the wiring harness of LR – basically will tap strait from the battery and with a switch inside the cabin. No wires of the D3 touched. Now I am told I will void my warrantee if I do that. Now really – what’s next? Censored

Post #1749646th Jul 2007 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
luke 9999

South Africa 

Hi what dealer did you you ask Question

Post #1754388th Jul 2007 5:15 pm
simonmd

Wales 

My advise is to check with the dealer before fitting any modifications that could interfere with the car. If they say it's ok, GET IT IN WRITING. You don't want to risk the loosing 1000's in a lost payout if something major goes wrong in the future just to save a bit on an aftermarket item.

Post #1754418th Jul 2007 5:32 pm
luke 9999

South Africa 

Well how I see it, if you fit the wiring of the spots and you don't tap in to the wiring of the car and it is fused nothing can go wrong it is totally on its own. The only time they can give you some trouble if you tap into the harness. It is like running your air compressor of the battery SAME THING!!

Post #1754658th Jul 2007 7:23 pm
simonmd

Wales 

Yes, we all understand that. But, like any insurance claim, you must be spot on with all of their terms or they won't pay out, whether the mod intereferes with the fault or not. Don't risk invalidating your warrantee as a D3 can be a very expensive vehicle to fix!

Post #1754798th Jul 2007 8:19 pm
coala

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for the inputs. The dealer is in Menlyn. And - ye i did state clearly no wire will be cut into. Still the answer was you will void the war. Agh - just do not know what to do now. Think will request clarity in writing from the DP at Menlyn and take it from there. Damn so nice a car - pity about the naggles

Post #1757439th Jul 2007 12:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonmd

Wales 

I feared they would say that, hence why I was so wary of it. If you really need extra lamps, I'd look at dealer fit items. Will be more expensive but at least your warrantee will still be valid.

Post #1758129th Jul 2007 3:49 pm
joe

South Africa 

Hi speak to Tino he knows all the right people at Menlyn, he will sort it out for you.i know Maruis (LR midrand) and Tino are also good friends. So speak to them and tell them you want it to be fitted by him because they know him for years now.You can just try and see what comes out.

Post #1758239th Jul 2007 4:07 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm not so sure that warranty invalidation is the case TBH ...I had my lamps fitted by a professional auto electrician not LR ( Thumbs Up TFC ) and my dealers are well aware of this. I have had warranty work carried out since without a hitch. If they can prove that any subsequent fault was as a direct result of the third party works then they may have a case for invalidation....but they have to prove it Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1758259th Jul 2007 4:12 pm
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

With my D3 being with dealer to try and sort out problem I am glad I never did go ahead with the dual battery system - I only had time to install the second battery, but nothing more.

The service manager had a thorough look under bonnet for any funnies !!

Post #1758339th Jul 2007 4:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >