Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

"Betterment" in their system is like this. You had a part changed on a higher mileage car, say at 80k miles, you have improved the car beyond where it would have been had the part not failed. Basically a car with a new engine at 80k is better than a car with its original engine at 80k. To compensate them for you getting an improvement they keep a slice of the claim. To avoid this you pay extra/haggle in "No Betterment", then they pay the claim less the excess (if any). The percentage of the slice is as per their table. Thumbs Up

Post #78511412th Apr 2011 8:22 am
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just got Extra Care, no 90 day W&T delay + Emmissions and Airbags, Turbo, 4WD etc. 13 months @ £545 Very Happy

Vehicle is late 2005 and has done 76,000.

Having spent £760 on front suspension work last month, I think it could be a bargain Whistle

Steve Thumbs Up

Post #78628115th Apr 2011 10:32 am
ebygum32

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just put a claim in for rear door latch did strip most of it down but unable to free after pulling cable so took it to fourplus4 in Leeds after contacting WD, four plus 4 said Ahh we will have to cut the trim and WD will not stand that, I said it's nearly out but do what you need to do, day later go back all done no cut to trim as I had spent best part of an hour easing it out, not just gunna put hole cutter straight through it for ease then bill £60+ vat for new bit, after reading bill WD agreed to pay 70% as milage was 81k Mmm phoned WD up said where's my no betterment on policy WD said you have it I can see tick box on comp screen, must have been an over sight we will pay 100% so just waiting for check.

No betterment figures are roughly

100k miles = 60% payout
80k miles = 70% payout
And goes down like that but it has it on the website and in the booklet so it is worth getting, if you have a claim for £1000 and you have not taken out no betterment and your milage is 82k you will only get back £700 so for the sake of a chat you can save yourself a lot of money. Hope this has explained it better

Post #7940678th May 2011 5:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >