DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Warranty - factory vs dealer installed parts - LR Watch case
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Hijack

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Warranty - factory vs dealer installed parts - LR Watch case

Hi,
was trying to do search, but could not find. Is it the case that the same part (in my case LR Watch tracker) factory installed has 3 year warranty and when installed by dealer it has only 1 year warranty?

The tracker works ok, but I'm being asked to pay £94+VAT for electronic tags which are battery operated and run out of juice. This is second set since July 2007 and I would think they last longer than 17 months (since last replacement)

Added to the yearly cost of LR Watch subscription makes this quite hard to swallow cost wise.... Evil or Very Mad
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #56492914th Dec 2009 5:23 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

ISTR Nick stATED THAT ALL parts fitted by the dealer within one month of purchase, should have the 3 yr wty. ISTR that he said it's reliant upon the dealer updating the system to note what bits were added. I'd certainly be shouting for 3yr wty as you ordered it (I assume) at the same time as one order?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #56494214th Dec 2009 5:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hijack

Hmm, I got the tracker installed in July and bought the car in March, so more than one month later Rolling Eyes

One way or another, paying £200+ subscription per year + set of tags £100+ every 1.5 year does not seem to be acceptable.... They should last at least 2 years - like those we have in our office. Used much more often to open all doors few times every day and lasting 3+ years...
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #56494614th Dec 2009 5:35 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Did you order the tracker at the same time as the car? i.e. was the delay due to dealer rather than your delay to ask for it to be fitted?

either way, yes, it's pretty poor and I would expect something that price to last longer Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #56498114th Dec 2009 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fade2grey

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

my masser had navtrac & the tags went flat every year (they only last 1-1.5 years) - navtrac just replaced them FOC every time.
 56 HSE  
Post #56509614th Dec 2009 9:30 pm
Hijack

@Bodsy - I think I've ordered it more than month after purchase so cannot use this option. Big Cry

However, whatever the installation, the tags are the same....
FOC replacement should be the norm I think.... going to look around for new tracker before the next set expires then.
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #56542415th Dec 2009 2:36 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Not necessarily going to help you Hijack; but I had the LRWatch fitted at delivery, and I've had tags last anything between 14 months and 2 months. My tags were treated as within the three year warranty, though sometimes the new tags would take 5 months to turn up Evil or Very Mad
This is great until next month and the three years is up, at which point I'll be getting out my scalpel and looking at replacing the batteries myself for pennies.

By the way, did you know the following little highlight of the system?
Do the following :
* Ring up and put the car in service mode
* Do something that the watch unit considers threatening, such as a battery disconnect.
* Fix everything
* Ring up and put the car in Monitor mode, get them to confirm it's all working fine.

Sounds ideal right? Now leave the tags behind and go for a drive. Yep, no beeps, no alarm.

The unit only remembers one alarm at a time, and cannot flag a new alarm until the old one is cancelled. But as the alarm occurred whilst in service mode it was automatically silenced. As it was silenced there was nothing to cancel. Good isn't it Evil or Very Mad

I found this by accidentally re-arming the system before the LR tech had done a test drive...and then nothing happened when he drove off in my car with the tag in my pocket at reception. It took a second call to LRW tech support to get the above.

Bottom line is when you ring up to re-arm, ask that the specifically cancel any stored alarms.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #56543915th Dec 2009 3:21 pm
Hijack

Yeah, funnily that most likely happened to me last week.
Had car at Lancaster LR for the fixes related to recalls (fuel pump and break servo) so put car in service mode. then put it back to normal afterwards. This was in October.
Last week I had call from LR Watch telling me that they haven't seen my car moving since October..... Shocked
That definetly isnot a coincindence...
and next day I drive my tags are dead... not very reassuring experience.
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #56554415th Dec 2009 6:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >