Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Roading & Green Laning

The Wayfarer,Update.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
steve smith

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
The Wayfarer,Update.

Just in case anyone on here is thinking of crossing the Wayfarerjust be warned it has once again become extremley difficul to drive over, massive ruts, huge bomb holes and where the sleepers are it's very tricky indeed NOT for the fainthearted!!!! Shocked
 Steve  
Post #70515718th Oct 2010 7:03 pm
shanners

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hiya Steve,

Not god news, is it still subjected to a TRO?

Shanners Thumbs Up

Post #70521018th Oct 2010 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

We were going to drive the WF on our way back from Dollgellau on Sunday, but time prevented it. We would have checked for a TRO with NWLRC ROW officer before driving it.

Sounds like its become another honeypot lane that is getting worn out by over use. This was predicted when the NERC act came into force. There are so few decent lanes left anymore.

Post #70526318th Oct 2010 10:35 pm
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

Thank's for that Steve. Thumbs Up Think i'll give it a miss anyway if it's become like a motorway

Post #70534819th Oct 2010 8:45 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Gareth wrote:
This was predicted when the NERC act came into force. There are so few decent lanes left anymore.

FoDRoW closed its doors earlier this year for precisely this reason. There are so few lanes still notionally open in Dorset and most are undrivable through neglect. FoDRoW would turn up to carry out restoration work (with the council's approval) and within weeks the word had got round and all and sundry were tearing through in their V8s. Some lanes were impassable again in less than two months. This in turn caused the council to question the value of doing the work and caused locals to (justifiably) complain about the antisocial behaviour. We'll have no lanes worth driving in Dorset within 5 years.

We see it in our village all the time, most recently on Saturday. Bunch of chaps in heavily modded 90s, 110s and RR Classics turned up and spent a very noisy half hour ripping back and forth through the ford (and driving UP the river to see how deep it gets). Yup, they conformed to the stereotype of riggers, combats and leather hats. All that was missing was a banjo. A further 15 minutes of doors and bonnets being opened and slammed repeatedly as WD40 was sprayed all over their dripping wet distributor caps and off they went. Bunch of Censored s
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #70545019th Oct 2010 12:47 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Its all part of a strategy Al. Greenlaning will be impossible in England and Wales very soon.

I'm not sure I agree with your typical stereotype statement - Some D3 owners don't exactly go dressed in Sunday best, or tip-toe quietly down all the lanes so as not wake the sleeping otters and badgers!

My green lane trips are more than likely to be in the company of a few Series Classics, Range Rovers and 90's (which usualy break down) and I have been known to consume a reasonable quantity of WD40 to revive a soaked Betsy motor on a number of occasions!

The fact is, there is a growing demand to drive in the countryside, in a decreasing available area. We all need to work together to protect what we have got. Sadly I see the influence of GLASS and CRAG and other organisations diminishing through lack of interest as people give up on the activity.

Oh, and I do have a leather hat, and combats, but draw the line at rigger boots, they are for cissys.

Post #70545719th Oct 2010 1:01 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

The sterotype was more to do with general appearance and definitely their behaviour and there may or may not be a barbed reference to some Disco3 behaviour in there Wink

This particular bunch seem to like to rag it on a few local lanes then use the river to clean their cars. Never mind that the river either side of the ford is an SSSI. Oh hang on, there are some more similarities to D3 events...... Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #70545819th Oct 2010 1:04 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Laughing

The latest 'tactic' in the Peaks is to create a SSSI as an excuse to start the process of closing a lane. There is a good lane I drive frequently, and it has suffered from 'outlaws' going off the track in/on their illegal cars, bikes and quads. The lane is still open, but heavily monitored, and one more transgression could result in permanent TRO.

The stupid thing is, it will not stop the outlaws trying, and fencing them off will only send them to the next lane on the list.

Post #70546019th Oct 2010 1:11 pm
discocuzzy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

You had taken the leather hats off!!!, just wellies instead of rigger boots!
 "you cannot teach stupid people to do clever things"
--------------------------------------------------------
05 plate D3 HSE in Zermat- Gone
11 Plate D4 Landmark in Fuji white- Gone
08 Plate D3 Hse in Buckingham Blue- Gone
58 plate D3 HSE Silver- Gone
10 Plate D4 HSE Stornaway Grey 

Post #70548519th Oct 2010 2:40 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

LET'S OFF ROAD!
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #70548719th Oct 2010 2:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

This is a bit like the letters page in Private Eye. I mention riggers and camo and Steve posts that picture. Steve, irony is not just a bit like steely but more inclined to rust..... Laughing
Post #70549119th Oct 2010 3:08 pm
widget

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Nice pic Alan - are you sure you don't have a leather hat stashed away somewhere?

I've always considered combat trousers and hi-vis jackets to be the oxymoronic fashion statement of the professional expert off roader. A curse on them and their scabby bitsa cars.

I'm not bitter by the way... (much).

Post #70552119th Oct 2010 4:59 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Oh I have the leather hat too. I wore it just before the pic was taken. You can count on me to lower the tone at any Disco3 meet, for shiggles Laughing
Post #70559519th Oct 2010 7:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >