DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

Web Based CCF editing for New Evo & SDD by BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Web Based CCF editing for New Evo & SDD by BBS

When you connect a vehicle to the SDD system that dealers and many independents use, it downloads a copy of the vehicles original CCF from the internet in .vbf format and saves this in a particular folder.

This file, eg CCF_SALLAAA176A123456.vbf is known as the vehicles “AS BUILT” file and the SDD operator has the option to reprogram the Vehicle with this file. This is often done to try and cure problems but can make things worse and the dealer typically has no way to modify or check the settings it contains.

Although the FAULTMATE MSV-2 has the ability to read the CCF directly from the vehicle, Edit it fully, and then write the modified version back and thus enable things like the 4X4 Info, we at Blackbox Solutions have developed something that will make it possible to access and also fully Edit a copy of this “AS BUILT” file on the internet with nothing more than the vehicles VIN number, save it locally, and so create a custom modified version of it as desired.

By simply replacing the original file on an SDD system with this modified one and then using the SDD to program the vehicle with it, the vehicle settings are then modified, just as it would be with an MSV-2, thus allowing us the possibility to provide any dealer or SDD equipped indy with a way to edit and modify CCF's Thumbs Up

However the main reason for our developing this is because in the future you will be able to put this resultant file on an SD card and insert it into our new Nanocom Evolution which when released will also have the ability to program the vehicle with it and thus provide this tool with the ability to fully modify a vehicles CCF and so apply all the modifications to the CCF that the MSV-2 does.

The steps that will be required to use this feature are very simple

users will simply go to the Genesis web site and Log in

Click image to enlarge

Although Genesis has other remote diagnostic capability functions, as previously posted up on this forum, that i have on my account, they will select the CCF Edit function.

Click image to enlarge

This gives 3 choices

The first is to load your own "AS-BUILT" file in case you have one you already modified some etc.

The second is to load a session file you can take from the SDD, which is effectively a copy of the CCF that the SDD read from the vehicle itself, for completeness.

The third Blackbox copy option is one most will use to start with at least.

This pops up a box where you simply enter the VIN. This is one chosen at random

Then the editor screen quickly pops up populated with all the settings for that vehicles CCF.
There are two editing modes, Basic and Advanced, which can be toggled between using the circled button. settings are listed alphabetically

Click image to enlarge

On this next picture i have already toggled the edit mode to advanced, switched to the Infotainment section and edited the Audio Amplifier type Fitted setting so you can see that any edited item changes to Red and provides an undo button as well.

Click image to enlarge

I have also re opened the Audio Amplifier Type fitted edit box using the edit button to better explain the AS BUILT analysis percentages.
As you can see, we have analysed 200606 Disco 3 AS BUILT files and from this see that 19% were set as having no Amplifier, which would be base Audio, 29% had the AUD4 fitted which is the Logic 7 premium amp and the remaining 52% were AUD2 which is the Hi line amp.

Of course changing anything is a case of clicking on the arrow for the drop down selection and then clicking on the desired setting.

Finally when editing is done, users would simply click on the Complete- download CCF button circled in this next picture and this opens the save as box that allows the file to be saved wherever you want, hard drive, USB or SD card.

Click image to enlarge

And of course the system will have on line help.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 14th Jul 2013 4:59 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #103609916th Jan 2013 5:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nice work to see it public at last, well done Colin and the team. This for sure will help many in the future. all I need now is the 4th button adding to my Genesis account Whistle

Did you add ALL landrover models to this finction or is it limited just to D3 etc for now ?

Regards Pete

Post #103623916th Jan 2013 8:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Pete

I forgot i had mentioned development of this capability to you, but then it was quite a while ago Embarassed

Quote:
Did you add ALL landrover models to this finction or is it limited just to D3 etc for now ?

Yes this CCF Edit feature of Genesis already supports absolutely ALL Land Rover models.

Here are screen shots of some examples of other models.
Note all VINS used in these pictures are picked at random.

A 2012 MY D4

And of course the Evoque
Click image to enlarge

And not forgetting the New L405 Range Rover
Click image to enlarge

It might surprise many that we already offer this capability for even the latest L405, but since we started developing coverage and capability for the Disco 3 / and Sport, many other models have been introduced sharing many common elements, like the CCF, and as we all know many more models are planned.

As such we have changed the way we develop things to be much more oriented at covering the functions in a modular way, that easily crosses Models.

We still need to do a bit of tidying up on some of the newer models, mainly renaming things and organizing what parameters go in which sections.

We are working to provide a demo account for everyone to be able to try this out themselves Thumbs Up

Post #103677417th Jan 2013 5:13 pm
aljo

England 

Ive tried to register on the genesis site but says it is not available yet ? Big Cry
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #103682017th Jan 2013 6:12 pm
Ajay(UK)

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Is this available to all beta testers? Whistle

Andy.
 2022MY Defender 110 D250 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana with options!
2015 Range Rover 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver, Black Pack
Gone:Disco 4 HSE Luxury, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ivory
Gone:2006 FFRR TD6 Autobiography, Black
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red😢
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2010 FFRR TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE & DVD, Stornoway Grey 

Post #103707517th Jan 2013 10:35 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

I have looked on the website & am unsure as to the pricing structure?
Is there any way to buy just the CCF editing facility, either per model, or ideally per VIN, thus it could be charged per job. via SDD
If this is not possible, what licencing do you have to buy?

regards
Steve

Post #103735818th Jan 2013 11:58 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Sorry guys i should have been a bit clearer and will edit my first post accordingly.
I only posted this up as a demonstration of how the CCF editing function will be implemented on the Nanocom Evolution when it is released with Disco 3 etc on.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic88934.html

The Genesis Site is still under development and so is not open for registrations and there is no shop for it yet.

There has been some beta testing of the remote diagnostic capability it will also provide, but the full CCF edit capability is not currently a part of that yet.

I have however today had a Demo account set up so that anyone who wants to try this out can do so.

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/FaultmateGenesis.html

user name: demo
password: genesisdemo

follow the instructions in my first post on this thread and type in any valid VIN number, although you would probably want to use your own. Also please remember to log out when you have finished otherwise it times out and that currently gets a bit ugly looking.

Please also post up your experience good or bad and certainly do let us know of any problems Thumbs Up

Post #103753618th Jan 2013 4:54 pm
stingerrevo

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

I tried you use my vin and it would not work. It said not a valid vin. I would really like to be able to use this in the future when it is up and running. I really just want to add Bluetooth to my car at this time.

Post #103985722nd Jan 2013 3:46 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

stingerrevo wrote:
I tried you use my vin and it would not work. It said not a valid vin. I would really like to be able to use this in the future when it is up and running. I really just want to add Bluetooth to my car at this time.

im entriged, can you pm me your vin as i wonder why its different.

pete

Post #103993722nd Jan 2013 9:47 am
stingerrevo

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

The weird part is it also says no as built file when using sdd. I will pm the vin. Thanks.

Post #104002622nd Jan 2013 1:31 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Pete, beat me to it Bow down

Yea i have checked this VIN and while it is Valid, Land Rover have no "AS-BUILT" file for it

Obviously if Land Rover have no "AS-BUILT" file for a vehicle then we will not have it on file and so it will come up saying it is an invalid VIN.

I wonder just how many other vehicles there may be like this.

Can i ask other members to try this with their VIN'S and confirm if they get the same result or not.

Fortunately there is another option, which is to obtain a session file from the SDD and upload this.
This will allow you to edit the settings.

We will look into the possibility of then making an "AS-BUILT" file from this. Thumbs Up

Post #104016522nd Jan 2013 5:16 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

My vin works ok with the system..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #104018622nd Jan 2013 5:37 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
Can i ask other members to try this with their VIN'S and confirm if they get the same result or not.

HELLO:

I entered my VIN number, and this is correct ... see all modification options and the ability to generate a new AS-BUILT FILE ...but no now in demo.....mine is all OK

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down
 lost in translation!  
Post #104020822nd Jan 2013 6:04 pm
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Colin,

My US spec works too but give this on the Base Vehicle Page:

Body Style (text taken from database) Warning: Undocumented As Built Value.

Everything else seems about right though.

Post #104020922nd Jan 2013 6:07 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Guys, the more the better.

Yea there is still a bit of naming / Renaming to do and a bit of tidying up Stuart.

It's all done with Databases and automated processes that produce the template, so we can keep it right up to date and we have such messages to highlight anything that needs looking at and dealing with Thumbs Up

It actually really benefits the MSV-2 which is being tied into having it's Edit templates produced in the same process.

I think having the percentage analysis is a huge step forward as it really helps in selecting the correct alternate settings.

Post #104025622nd Jan 2013 6:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >