Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

WEBASTO FBH
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
BN

England 
WEBASTO FBH

I have posted this at the end of the other thread, but just to make sure you all see it.

OK, this is my idea as you appear to have lost interest in the FBH fix since ally's poll and I have obviously wasted my time and efforts together with Webasto.

I will contact Webasto today and ask them for an e mail address that you can register your interest in the modification to them direct. There will be no facility for question answering, just interest registration. I will sort out a format with them and post it.

Should you take up their modification they will let me know and I suggest that you make a donation directly to Martin for the site upkeep and development, that will save Webasto sorting that issue out. Martin can decide on the donation amount, which I will discuss with him as and when.

Post #3286414th Dec 2005 9:16 am
macstech

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

BN,
do i hear a slight sound of anger in this ?

So far i did not contribute to the FBH discussion, only i showed my interest in the fix by Webasto.
I feel that the price-poll is useless and should not be taken in your considerations !

I myself voted "Nothing, Land Rover should cover the costs" but only because the option was there. In reality this is not an option because LandRover seems not to care. So everyone who voted for this is definetively only showing their disappointment to LandRover and not withdrawing their interest in your/Webasto fix.
I also voted this option with the legal stuff (warranty) in mind. Anything which involves LandRover in the FBH is better than doing something by ourselves.
So please BN, dont get mad at us. There is enough interest around and i am sure people who paied so much for a car are able/willing to spend mmoney for a working FBH.

However i have the impression that you/Webasto need to come up with something we can look at. It is winter right now. (Even if it is not THAT cold)
Not only the price matters, but what exactly needs to be done, will the dealers do the fitting etc. There are so many questions unanswered. And then we are ask to vote for the price...

George

Post #3288214th Dec 2005 10:12 am
Jim

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Like Brian I have posted this at the end of the FBH tread but also wanted others looking here to see it.

Firstly, Brian, you have not wasted your time I think, know, that everyone on this site really appreciates all the work you have done on not only this issue but in organising events and assisting in a never ending list of queries and issues.

A lot of us D3 owners are just very impatient and get drawn in to issues so much that we start to lose focus on the bigger picture of how great the D3 is not only as a car but also as a tool and fun machine.

I am sure that if a poll was held as to the most helpful and appreciated forum member you would find yourself very highly regarded.

A lot of us like to think we know better, or have ideas for solutions, but we need to step back and realise that if the company that made it say something then this isn't done lightly and there are very good reasons for there statements.

I feel that this thread and others on the FBH have pretty much been well and truely exhausted at this point in time and we should all take a deep breath, stand back and wait for the next information to come from Webasto & BN.

It is a pointless exercise to brow beat BN in a hope that he breaks down and releases some small snippet of information that at the end of the day he has been specifically to keep to himself until the full working solution, with pricing and installation details is ready to be released from Webasto.

i think we are all due a BIG thanks to Brian and we should stop posting on the FBH and get out and enjoy our D3's (althought FREEZING cold in the mornings )
 Jim  
Post #3290114th Dec 2005 10:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Jim and Macstech, it is not just the posts, but the e mails I get as well. I have received some good responses, but negative feed on the open site is not my thing. So if a timer is not want the guys want, so be it, that is all that is on offer at the moment, sorry.

However, I have removed it from my hands now and if any of you are still interested please send your interest to:

rgascoyne@webastouk.com

You must put in the mail basic details:

1 Your name
2 Your personal e-mail address, not the site
3 Ensure - www.disco3.co.uk - is clearly there as well
4 If you car is left or right hand drive

NO REPLIES WILL BE GIVEN TO ANY QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS, but they will let you know when the equipment is ready and with final prices.

I would also suggest that if you do get the fix installed which will be available over the whole country via the agents, you donate to Martin for the help he gave via the site. Webasto will be letting me know of all installations anyway, so we will see. I won't even have a car to put the fix in anyway, so my gain is zero.

Best of luck with your updates, which I am told today will not be too long now. E-mail now as I think the first batch may be limited numbers to see what happens. Disco3.co.uk members will get priority.

Last edited by BN on 14th Dec 2005 3:57 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #3297114th Dec 2005 3:27 pm
macstech

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

yeaph, that's the internet or should i say democracy: Some are spoiling it for everyone!!! Sad

Thanks for all your efforts BN.

Post #3297314th Dec 2005 3:38 pm
Jim

Brian, I really feel that I can't thank you enough for all your time on this. I would question whether I would be as able or willing.

Just tried to send an email to Webasto, got a delivery failure back on that address? Do they need a while to set it up or is it not quite right?
 Jim  
Post #3297514th Dec 2005 3:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Jim wrote:
Brian, I really feel that I can't thank you enough for all your time on this. I would question whether I would be as able or willing.

Just tried to send an email to Webasto, got a delivery failure back on that address? Do they need a while to set it up or is it not quite right?

Jim, they may or may have placed it incorrectly, I will check, sorry.

Jim, my mistake, sorry, left out the C it works now, I have tried it.

Post #3297714th Dec 2005 3:55 pm
Jim

Yes the email works fine now. Cheers Smile
 Jim  
Post #3298814th Dec 2005 4:52 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

hi BN

i have contacted them with my interest but would just like to thank you publicly for all your effort in this. i am sure we would not have found anyone any where to do what you have done so thanks again and happy christmas

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3301914th Dec 2005 7:43 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

shawn wrote:
hi BN

i have contacted them with my interest but would just like to thank you publicly for all your effort in this. i am sure we would not have found anyone any where to do what you have done so thanks again and happy christmas

shawn

Me too.

Post #3307614th Dec 2005 11:25 pm
adara

Romania 

Thank you Brian, followed your advice (hopefully there will be some way to do it in Romania) and let me wish you peacefull and happy holidays!

Post #3313415th Dec 2005 7:26 am
BBBob

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Thanks BN for all your efforts. I for one appreciate all the work you have put in on our behalf . Its just a pity that some people are trying to get the impossible when the solution that is being developed is a perfectly acceptable one.

Hey guys if the solution that is on offer is not for you then don't buy. Where's the problem. My names on the list and I'll be delighted.

Cheers

Post #3313515th Dec 2005 8:30 am
BN

England 

Thanks guys, just please remember, without Martin we would not have the communication means or the potential fix, look after him if you buy, pleaeeeeeese Very Happy

Post #3313715th Dec 2005 8:47 am
Pelyma

England 

Those of us that have registered, how much should we be giving to the site, if you would rather PM then feel free.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3314215th Dec 2005 9:40 am
BN

England 

Pelyma wrote:
Those of us that have registered, how much should we be giving to the site, if you would rather PM then feel free.

Pelyma, lets get the job done first and I will speak with guys like yourself and of course Martin at the appropriate time. Thank you. Very Happy

Post #3316215th Dec 2005 10:48 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >