(2)  
(1)  
User Registered Confirmed
tintenter21st Nov 2007 6:11 pm
bluebarchetta21st Nov 2007 9:35 pm
User Registered Confirmed
countrywide20th Nov 2007 8:29 pmcountrywide is confirmed

countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Just waiting for price and update on instructions.

Post #21833626th Oct 2007 8:33 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I am going to push on Monday to get the price on these. Let's face it the instructions can't be that difficult to follow, so we probably don't need a revised version.

Post #22293610th Nov 2007 6:38 pm
countrywide

The prices are in for the upgrade kit, I had to go to a dealer in the end. If anybody is interested please let me know and I will arrange the purchase and distribution of the kits. The price after discount is £117.89 inc VAT.
Shipping would be extra if we can't arrange a local meet to swap over.

Ref: Disco 3 Webasto Upgrade Part No. - 41K192B

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your enquiry. With regard to the aforementioned subject I am pleased to supply the following information.

It is only possible to install a timer controlled engine pre-heater, there is no provision for engaging the interior fan.

The oval timer is a 24 hour, three event type allowing three preset times.

The timer bezel has been specifically designed by Land Rover to fit in the overhead map light cluster but if this is not to your liking it can be sited at your customers preferred location.

The parts are available from stock. The installation should take a couple of hours and the net price for supply is £111.48+ VAT less a volume discount of 10%

The addition of the Webasto Upgrade will not affect the Land Rover Warranty.

Before we can guarantee a successful operation of the Webasto heater it is necessary that, if not already done, a couple of Land Rover service bulletins are carried out, these being:

LA303-004 Difficult Cold Starting

LA303-009 Cold Start Throttle Response

I hope this is sufficient information for you, should you have any further queries or wish to proceed with an order do not hesitate to contact our sales department.

Post #22604420th Nov 2007 6:59 pm
countrywide

Seem to have messed up the sign up - HELP

Post #22605220th Nov 2007 7:08 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the running around Countrywide Thumbs Up

I'm definitely interested and will sign up once that's working Whistle

In the meantime, can you please confirm where the "local meet" could be held - thanks.
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #22606020th Nov 2007 7:19 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You set it up on October 14th to run for 10 days so it's now inactive, need to remove or increase the 10 day limit
 The End  
Post #22606120th Nov 2007 7:21 pm
GDL

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

what is in the kit please

Post #22608620th Nov 2007 7:58 pm
countrywide

I will try and get some photo's, but basically it has all the wiring looms you need, the timer for mounting by the interior light. The only thing I need to confirm is whether the tool for cutting the mounting for the timer is included.

I have extended the sign up now, but by mistake deleted all the people who previously expressed interest. Embarassed

Post #22609020th Nov 2007 8:09 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Yup the sign up work - look forward to the photos. Thumbs Up
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #22625921st Nov 2007 9:07 am
countrywide

I ordered a kit for my car today to test it and make sure it works before I confirm all the features. Should be here tomorrow or Friday and I will fit it at the weekend.

I'll take some photo's and then I can get the group buy together.

Post #22642521st Nov 2007 5:52 pm
countrywide

Well I got the kit today and too be honest you would be better off with the DIY solution. I had been led to believe that the problem with the CAN bus being awake was solved, but the instructions in the kit states it won't work unless the car is asleep, so you have to program the timer to come on. Also the minute you open the door or press unlock, the heater stops.

Gave it a quick try and it does exactly what the instructions say.

The good thing is the kit includes everything you need, wiring loom, fuse holder, cable ties etc and full instructions and obviously won't affect the warranty as is an approved "kit".

I am happy to arrange a group buy, but primarily the only thing you need is the clock, which was mentioned in the previous DIY timer post. These can be had for £45.00 on e-bay from Germany including shipment. The connectors, wire etc would be less than £5 so we could put kits together ourselves for a lot less money.

I wouldn't mind paying for the kit, but it seems a lot more money for some cable and a few connectors.

Let me know what you think.

Post #22731423rd Nov 2007 8:00 pm
countrywide

Well I installed the timer today and the kit does make it easy to do. The wiring loom etc is all ready well made and it comes with cables ties, screws etc etc. I mounted the timer on the interior light as suggested by Land Rover and the special bezel you get is moulded to the shape of the interior light housing. Despite what the instructions say, you can fit it centrally. I will post a photo later of the mounting.

I was looking at wiring and it seems that the FBH has two control inputs, a CAN from the body computer and a control from the timer on PIN2. It seems that when the FBH receives a CAN connection as well as the timer input, the FBH shuts down as it gets confused.

I think there is a way to get around this problem. The timer from the Webasto has the data output for the control of the heater and also a 12V switch output for older heaters. I thought that if you used a 12V relay, you could use it to disconnect the CAN connection from the body computer when you activated the timer. This way it wouldn't receive two signals. i.e when the relay is normally closed, the CAN line from bodycomputer is connected to the FBH, when the timer kicks in or the manual selection is activated the 12V feed from the timer energises the relay and disconnects the CAN from the bodycomputer. I can't see that this would effect the system unless the body computer flags an error because it's not connected to the FBH.

Any idea's before I try it.

EDIT: Photo Added

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by countrywide on 24th Nov 2007 5:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #22756824th Nov 2007 1:39 pm
bluebarchetta

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Sorry, I can't help on the technical query but the installation looks very neat!

Definitely interested.

Post #22763424th Nov 2007 5:08 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You'd probably find that the FBH would shut down if the CANbus was interrupted, i'm not sure what effect the relay switching spikes would have - if any - either. CANbus messages take priority over external inputs, hence the reason why the FBH shuts down, the question is, when you unlock the car, presumably it's because you're going to use it (i.e. start and drive), if so, why is the FBH shutdown a problem?

Post #22766524th Nov 2007 5:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

10forcash wrote:
You'd probably find that the FBH would shut down if the CANbus was interrupted, i'm not sure what effect the relay switching spikes would have - if any - either. CANbus messages take priority over external inputs, hence the reason why the FBH shuts down, the question is, when you unlock the car, presumably it's because you're going to use it (i.e. start and drive), if so, why is the FBH shutdown a problem?

When you use the timer, the CANbus is not active, it's when it's active at the same time as the timer input that causes the FBH to shut down for some reason. No idea why this would be, but it is odd as the CANbus wouldn't be signalling to switch it on until you started the engine and it was below 5 degree's etc.

For me the reason it's easier is that you can select the manual activation on the timer whenever you feel like it. I.E if you get up and find it's covered in ice you could pop out and switch it on without having to program it to come on after the car goes back to sleep. At the moment, you can't open the door, press the manual heat and then go back indoors because the cars CANbus is active.

I did set it for 8:30 this morning and when I came out 20 minutes later the engine was warm. As soon as I switched on the engine warm air came out of the heater and the cabin was warm in 30 seconds.

Post #22767124th Nov 2007 6:12 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >