Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 673 of 818 <123 ... 672673674 ... 816817818>
greenlandrover

United Kingdom 

Hello.

I'm registered on defender2.net, freel2.com, disco4.com and now on here.

I currently own a Freelander 2 and a Defender 90.

Looking to get a Disco 3 or 4 in the near future.

If this forum is as friendly as the others in 'the family' I know I'll be in good company Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Jason

Post #195804628th Jun 2018 3:36 pm
flyingbenny

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

We picked up our first Discovery 3 about 6 weeks ago and love it to bits already. It's a 2007 TDV6 XS auto with 140k miles on the clock. We have realised it has a few issues, air con doesn't work, possible torque converter and we get the 'parking brake, transmission, HDC and suspension lowered' faults all pop up now and again (I have new brake light bulbs and switch to try and cure this). One option was to just move it on and get rid but it is too nice so we've decided to spend a bit of money on it and keep it. It's booked in this week for a service, cam belts, air con and a megaflush, understand this isn't a fix, it's just to try and buy us some time to save up for a torque converter.

This site popped up numerous times when searching on google for stuff so thought it might be useful if I join, I'm sure we're going to need more advice at some point.

Anyway that's about it.
Cheers
Ben

Post #19587651st Jul 2018 8:55 am
OliG7475

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Just wanted to say hi. I picked up a black LR4 HSE a couple of week ago...so far so good. The old girl isn't in the first flush of youth...118k on the clock! She has a great documented history and one owner from new and runs as smooth as you like.

I'd like to get the gearbox flush done, no paperwork to suggest it had been done previously. I'm based in Nottingham, any recommendations for this?

Anyone had any experience with LR Servicing on the A6097 in Oxton?

Many thanks, lots of reading ahead........

Oli

Post #19595343rd Jul 2018 10:14 am
Philnic

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Hello

My first posts were relating to finding and buying a metropolis D3 on here. Well I am now the owner and am waiting to find out what I have let myself in for!

Its mainly for big family camping trips and carting bikes around, but I will admit I have been a fan of LR products since I was about 4. My first car was very nearly a 110 until I realised how agricultural it was when returning to my parents D1

So anyway, its off to Paul at Broadfields this week to see what I have done! I suspect he will get a fair bit of business. I've just realised that the service record although claiming the belts to be done I have no guarantee, so that's likely to be top of the list. I think its pre the dodgy oil pump casing but to be honest I am going to bow to Paul's knowledge.

In the meantime I am cleaing lots to try to get smoky smells out, all ready to go get it dirty later in the summer (if there is any mud left)
 2006 Java Black Metropolis - my first dip into the D3 world!  
Post #19595603rd Jul 2018 11:43 am
Armylee

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Info needed

Any one any info on reg kw55xyr

Post #19604365th Jul 2018 5:59 pm
M6C DAZ

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It’s time to finally introduce myself and say hello and thank you to the wealth of knowledge and support on this forum.

I have been lurking around on here for a while whilst planning my D3 purchase and getting ideas on what I’m going to do with it, I love messing about with my cars and they always leave me looking better than when I first got them!

I’ve just recently moved back from Canada to UK where I have been driving unrefined pick trucks so the landrover is a real treat to drive however I do miss my V8.

Anyway I bought an 07 D3 HSE in Grey with Black leather interior 135k on the clock.

I’ve only had it a week but the only issues that came along with it are the terrain response says system fault special programs not available and the sunroof doesn’t work, so they will be the first things to figure out.

Drives so extremely smooth that my missus and little one are always bloody asleep!

I plan on doing all simple servicing myself,
I’m not really confident that the cam belts have actually been done so I need to get that done ASAP.

I’ve fitted the Interior LED light upgrade kit,
Some black landrover badges (going for the black and grey look), wind deflectors, and Dog guard.

In hand I have,
Johnson lift rods just waiting to find some wheels to drop down from the 19”HSE wheels, looking for 18” to fit Duratracs or KO2’s,

Going to Raptor line the front grill and bumpers,

I want to change the rear light for the black surround D4 style,

And then I actully want to use the thing off road!

But yeah that’s me sorry if it’s a long post thanks for all the help on this forum I have had already and long may this site continue!

Daz.

Post #19605646th Jul 2018 7:29 am
Bazza.

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

Hi People!

I've just bought my 1st Disco

It's a D4 with SDv6 with 93k and a bit of work needing doing, so I'm hoping to glean a bit of info from those that know. Especially parts, so many bad suppliers out there!!

I have read through the thread for the Turbo drain & think that's my 1st project as I have the full Bond smoke screen going on, especially after a long light run when then putting my foot down for any reason. The 1st time it happened I thought I had an oil fire! very surprised it's not a recall fix as it could cause an accident by blinding the traffic behind. Or is mine worse than normal?

Then it's Gearbox 8HP, for an oil & filter change

I also have a damaged compressor cover so I think I will need to repair that.

I've attempted to unscrew 1 bolt so far which was on the compressor cover and the head sheered off Crying or Very sad So I'm spending a week applying WD40 to everything every day to give me a better chance of things working out once the work starts.

After that, start on the bushes etc. none of which are so bad but 93,000 on the clock so I might as well plan it than wait for it to be a problem. I think the front wishbones have been done but not sure yet as I've only had a quick look

Having read that list back I think I'd better get on with it. lol

Anyway, Hello.......

Post #19607316th Jul 2018 5:51 pm
lard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Just joined!

Hi all,

always great to join a new forum Smile - almost as exciting as getting the vehicle!

Hopefully picking up my first Disco 3 tomorrow, I'm new to Discovery's but not LR - I've been a long suffering P38 owner so not un-used to getting my hands oily Smile

I've had to thin out my cars, going from having a daily driver and a V8 for fun, to just one vehicle and the disco seemed to be the obvious choice - look forward to getting stuck in!

First job will be to track down a fridge to fit......

Post #19610707th Jul 2018 7:03 pm
BMS

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Hi

Honey I'm back!

After 9 years I'm back with a D3 TDV6 2.7 2004.

Looking forward to getting my hands dirty.
 Ex D3 TDV6 2.7 Nov 2004
Ex Freelander2
Ex D2 TD5
But still a LR follower 

Post #19615789th Jul 2018 11:48 am
backroadnomad

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackLR4

I picked up a '10 LR4 HSE Lux about three months ago. It has hit me hard with "Rover initiation" by stranding me a couple times due to the coolant crossover pipe bursting and then the front air struts completely failing after a few days of weird suspension messages.

So what they say is true...don't ignore warning signs with a Rover. Address them immediately, and you'll have a much better experience and ownership. Aside from that, I love it. I bought it already loaded up with offroad modifications like an ARB front bumper, winch, rock sliders, Compmotive 18" wheels, and aggressive tires. I absolutely love driving it, bought an IID tool, and am learning the ins and outs.

Post #196320814th Jul 2018 4:59 am
andyclimber

United Kingdom 
Bought my first Disco 3 yesterday

and already very happy. Been sat in it ever since pressing buttons 😬. Just wanted to say hello. Btw, did i mention ive just bought my first disco 😬

Post #196333014th Jul 2018 12:04 pm
Lee24yorkshire

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi all just bought my first disco and already having propblems with the tow electrics but im sure theres some very knowledgeable people on here to help🙂
Lee

Post #196337414th Jul 2018 2:50 pm
decdecdec

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hello everybody!!Smile)
Im new here so i step by here for a while to say hello and a few words about myself and my 2005 D3 TDV6
First of all im from Poland, i live in Poland and i bought around January this nice piece of art made by LR.
Wasnt too expensive so i knew its gonna be a few things to do - its not too bad but im still haveing some questions that ill put in corresponding topics.
About me, im firefighter and in meantime i run small carpentry.
I do some mechanics by myself but according to lack of time rest of work I leavemy to my friends/mechanics to do it for me.
I would like to prepare the car for everyday use and for long light offroad trips;)
I'm not a native speaker so please have some patience for me Smile

Radek

Post #196436817th Jul 2018 9:46 am
charlietortoise

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Very Happy
 Discovery 4 3.0 HSE 2010 year. I like it a lot. Now with winch 😂 

Last edited by charlietortoise on 19th Jul 2018 9:40 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #196503918th Jul 2018 11:13 pm
Craftycrofter

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well I have joined the mad house... D3 TDV6 SE bought on Tuesday, its off the road to sort out some issues and I didnt fancy paying the gov a full months tax.... Already finding the forum a great place for stupid questions...

All the best

Dave

Post #196510019th Jul 2018 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 673 of 818 <123 ... 672673674 ... 816817818>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >