Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Western Australian Rover day out
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disco4x4au

Australia 
Western Australian Rover day out

Posted some pics in my gallery of our trip to the local Mundaring powerlines track last Saturday. Was quite a wet and muddy time Smile Our group consisted of Defenders (3 of), a Disco S1, Disco S2, an LR Series III, a Toyota 80 series, a Defender 110 ute and my D3.

As this is one of the last 4wd areas left open within an hour of the city, it gets quite crowded, so we had a few onlookers for most of the trip's harder stages. I'll shamelessly borrow a description posted on the Australian AULRO site that sums it up (you can read more of it at http://www.aulro.com/afvb/showthread.php?t=29646) :

Quote:

... ,he surprised us and many onlookers on just how capable the D3 is with a madman at the wheel,sorry Gordon no insult intended there just arent many people willing to push their pride and joy like that.That group where you rescued Matt were astounded,being a group of poms there wasnt a bad word to be said.When you went up [the hillclimb] I heard the cheering and clapping 6 vehicles bak.Welldone.

Madman, moi??!!

Wink

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #7818614th Aug 2006 2:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Gordon,

Nice pics. Did ya rub salt into the Toyota drivers' wounds after snatching him out Laughing

By the way, see my questions to you on aulro about the sliders and mud flaps.

Thanks.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #7818914th Aug 2006 2:44 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

No, I was _most_ gracious, and even let him roll up my (soaking wet) snatch strap for me. His diffs had just buried themselves into the centre of the track - no such problem with a D3 8)

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #7819014th Aug 2006 4:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >