Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Wet Drivers Carpet post recall work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Dexter

Scotland 
Wet Drivers Carpet post recall work

Maybe just coincidence but I seem to have a damp drivers footwell carpet following the brake vacuum and fuel pump recall work being done. It's only damp and odourless (plain water), i.e. not soaking and I'm wondering if they could have interfered with anything that would cause this, maybe the aircon drain tho I haven't used the AC for weeks, other than to demist in the mornings. I've lifted the mat and it seems to be drying out, so will see what happens when it rains next!

Any ideas - the car doesn't have a sunroof.

Dex

Post #5624499th Dec 2009 1:35 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Ever had a windscreen replaced??? Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #5624539th Dec 2009 1:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dexter

Scotland 

Thanks JMC, no, sorry should've said as I've searched for any clues on here - the car is still on the original screen, I've had it since new.

Dex

Post #5624569th Dec 2009 1:54 pm
Ian 2206

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Spooky. My car went i on Thursday/Friday for the recalls and Year 3 service. On sunday afternoon I removed the drivers carpet and the carpet was sodden - not damp. I assumed the sun roof drain was blocked and took it back Monday for them to unblock it whilst the MoT was completed (re-test for 2 new rear tyres).
I'd welcome an understanding into the amount of access required and bodywork removal required to gain access to the HP fuel pump and the servo. I'm now suspicious that the leak ahs been caused by the recall and not the sunroof drain.
And no, I havent had a replacement w/screen.
 D3 HSE, Stornoway grey, 2007 MY, side steps, privacy glass, door protection strips.  
Post #5625479th Dec 2009 6:05 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

Well, as an update - the car interior seems to be staying dry despite some rain and my efforts to use the AC more or less full time to test the drain function. Will keep an eye on it but possibly water forced thro the door seal when the dealer pressure washed it before it came back to me. Waste of time really as after a 50 mile drive at this time of year it was pretty dirty again Big Cry

Dex

Post #56480914th Dec 2009 12:06 pm
al cope

England 

It could be the pressure wash thing, as I've seen cars being washed this way at the dealers with the doors open (to do along the sills).

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #56481614th Dec 2009 12:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Yeah I had a wet footwell on the drivers side, just assumed it was the wet driver at the dealer! Will check underneath when I get home. Original screen/everything. Disco is water sealed (allegedly, plenty of videos around to back that up!) so I would only expect jetwash issues if door was open.

Post #56488914th Dec 2009 4:15 pm
Ian 2206

My drivers carpet is still wet, some 3 weeks after the dealer visit! The sunroof has been sealed with tape to prevent water getting in through the drains.
Could the wetness be coming from air conditioning drains being blocked? It used to be a regular thing on my old S1 Disco...does any one have any brain waves as to where the water ould be coming from?
The windscreen is original and the last maintenance activity was the 3 year service along with the fuel pump and brake servo recall. This was done in early December.
The roof drain was blocked 6 months ago and the drains were cleaned at the same time the sunroof was replaced for the second time.
 D3 HSE, Stornoway grey, 2007 MY, side steps, privacy glass, door protection strips.  
Post #57080928th Dec 2009 1:33 pm
Steve H

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I noticed exactly the same after mine was in last week for the recall and a replacement drivers seat rail. I assumed it was due to over enthusiastic washing. I've not noticed any worsening since.
 D4 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey  
Post #57180330th Dec 2009 7:09 pm
foofighter

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

this happened on my 06 RRS shortly after i purchased it brand new. I'm not sure if the plumbing is the same stateside as it in the UK...but i had noticed that my passenger side foot well was SOAKED with water. Upon some investigating i had found that the AC condensor nozzle was not properly installed so the water from the condensation would just drain into the foot well. I reconnected it and it was fine.

Might want to see if there's an errant hose that seems to be out of place
 -Greetz, Duan  
Post #57180830th Dec 2009 7:19 pm
Ian 2206

After a 4 hour journey the carpet appeared to cycle from wet to dry. The wetness appeared to be worse at the base of the drivers footrest.Can anyone give a clue as to how to find access to the condenser pipe referenced above? Thank, regards and a Happy New Year to all.
Post #57213331st Dec 2009 11:56 am
foofighter

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

i'm speaking from my reference point LHD but i open the passenger side door got on my tummy and started digging along the center console panel. it was rather easy to find as it wasnt that hidden you can ID the loose pipe straight away it's black and approx 13mm in diameter...from there you can see/feel where it reconnects to i'll have to see if the LR3 is plumbed the same way and take a pic
 -Greetz, Duan  
Post #57229031st Dec 2009 5:49 pm
hgrimmett

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Has anyone solved this problem yet? I have noticed a soaking wet driver's footwell. The brake recall work had been done before we bought the car, it has no sunroof and I have no idea whether the windscreen has ever been replaced. I'll have a fish around for the ac pipe but in the meantime, any suggestions?
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
D4 '15 (64) Se Tech Indus Silver
Tesla Model Y LR (22)
Audi TT Roadster 225 (52)
Tesla Model 3 LR (70) (gone)
Porsche Boxster '96 2.5 5spd project (P)
Mini R52 S (54)
BMW 330e eDrive MSport '16 (gone)
D3 '07 (56) XS TDV6 Buckingham Blue (gone) 

Post #60762221st Feb 2010 10:18 pm
Ian 2206

Last Friday my wife opened the drivers door and the water poured out of the footwell onto the side runner! Suffice to say the car is now back with the Dealer, Lancaster Welyn.
Post #60781622nd Feb 2010 11:51 am
Dexter

Scotland 

After some monitoring and checking of the AC drain which was intact, I'm thinking that the wet carpet in my car is down to water from wet and snowy footwear running off the mat, at the sides and through the locator pin hole. I took the mat out and used newspapers for a few days - the carpet dried out quickly which suggests that it is not a leak from elsewhere.

At the bottom of my drivers door water sometimes sits between the inner and outer seals, tho doesn't enter the car, this splashes out when I open the door and is maybe what is being seen by Ian206s SWMBO - less than a quarter of a pint but enough to soak your shoes if you're not ready for it Shocked

Dex

Post #60783622nd Feb 2010 12:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >