Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 97 of 282 <123 ... 969798 ... 280281282>
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Yeh I know ................. but just a rip off Big Cry
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #221385226th Feb 2021 10:28 am
TT___50

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I order PPE for our MR team and the bodyguard gloves we use have gone from £9 a box to £26, with Amazon at £36 and eBay £55! Around the demand I think there’s been an opportunity to just inflate profit. Can’t blame them but couldn’t come at a worse time when we haven’t been able to fundraise for a year.

Post #221421328th Feb 2021 9:24 am
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Roadworks traffic lights.
Yesterday I came a cross a set that were not functioning correctly. One of the four "controlled" directions was getting no green at all (the busiest road by far) for over fifteen minutes, all other routes getting green lights for a sensible period. Called the "help/defect" number, only for to be greeted with the message "Our office is open Monday to Friday 8:30 to 11:00 am and 2:30 to 4:00pm. If you are reporting defective traffic lights outside these hours please call our help line on <the>". If I had the equipment with me I would have "gently" removed the gross obstruction to a "location of safe keeping".
Why have a help line if it only operates five hour, five days a week, and give out the "emergency" number as the same one as the "breakdown" number on the lights (and other boards around them), and why close off several hundred yards (or metres) of road from Friday lunchtime until Monday morning when there is no work being done on (or near) the carriageway?
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #221424428th Feb 2021 12:13 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Kilovolt wrote:
Why are Nitrile Gloves for use in the garage upward of £20 a box Evil or Very Mad

They were a fiver (at best) before the pandemic. Suddenly much harder to manufacture these days? Or are you on the Covid bandwagon Mad

Ripoff Britain.

Nitrile gloves, face masks and more were in the REDUCED section at B&M's in Swinton yesterday! Some people must think it's already 21st June

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #221424928th Feb 2021 12:34 pm
hugeviking

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

robsmith wrote:
Yesterday I came a cross a set that were not functioning correctly. One of the four "controlled" directions was getting no green at all (the busiest road by far) for over fifteen minutes, all other routes getting green lights for a sensible period. Called the "help/defect" number, only for to be greeted with the message "Our office is open Monday to Friday 8:30 to 11:00 am and 2:30 to 4:00pm. If you are reporting defective traffic lights outside these hours please call our help line on <the>". If I had the equipment with me I would have "gently" removed the gross obstruction to a "location of safe keeping".
Why have a help line if it only operates five hour, five days a week, and give out the "emergency" number as the same one as the "breakdown" number on the lights (and other boards around them), and why close off several hundred yards (or metres) of road from Friday lunchtime until Monday morning when there is no work being done on (or near) the carriageway?

Yep, work was being done near us at the end of someones drive, traffic lights were put up Rolling Eyes but then were left in place for some days when the work was completed. It caused considerable chaos. You would think the local cops would see the situation and get them moved.
Andi

Post #221432128th Feb 2021 5:06 pm
hugeviking

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

While I'm moaning.... moulded on plugs. Just had to cut off and throw away a perfectly good plug because I needed to replace the flex on the 'mower

What a waste

Andi

Post #221432428th Feb 2021 5:10 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

hugeviking wrote:
robsmith wrote:

Yep, work was being done near us at the end of someones drive, traffic lights were put up Rolling Eyes but then were left in place for some days when the work was completed. It caused considerable chaos. You would think the local cops would see the situation and get them moved.
Andi

Similar near here last Friday. Works have been there a few months and no real issues. About 500m of single lane controlled by lights either end. Friday had a big queue but then saw lights change and thought we were off. Except after about third car our side went into the roadworks and HGV was coming the other way!!!! Lots of moving and shuffling and the HGV went through followed by about three cars. We then went red but nothing came from opposite direction. We went green, three cars in and traffic from the other direction again. This happened about 4-5 times and then my turn to go through and faced with cars coming the other way again. Lots of people were asking the 6-7 road work crew WTF was going on and why were they just stood doing f-all about it. Much reciprocated abuse back too Laughing

I asked the bloke at head of queue the other end what was going on and advised 'when he should go' based on the other end lights. Seemed my end got two lots of green and they go one for about one second so people now thinking Censored it when 'clear' and going for it but its not clear.......

A right Censored up and only likely to have got worse as 'rush hour' started if not fixed

Post #221433228th Feb 2021 5:31 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Bought some DOT 4 brake fluid a few days ago. Double checked the specs and figured out it was class 4 while the discovery should really have class 6. So went back to the store and bought the right thing. Censored Censored

Post #22154125th Mar 2021 8:48 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Censored TalkTalk again. Just as I think I've reached the limit of incompetence this utterly useless bunch of idiots, struggling to maintain a mongrel of acquired, broken technology services masquerading as a telecommunications company, discover new ways to Censored me off. How they are allowed to operate is beyond me.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #22157077th Mar 2021 7:56 am
Hardware

Laughing James ... I'm beginning to think the mods should break out your " Censored g TalkTalk " moans into a thread of their own.

Laughing

Dean

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.

Post #22157097th Mar 2021 8:05 am
James W

United Kingdom 

I'd have plenty to go on about
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #22157117th Mar 2021 8:16 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

It must be hard work or does it come naturally to you being a miserable fecker all the time Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #22157377th Mar 2021 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

^^ Laughing

Just to help James feel better, I've had TalkTalk at work for 6 years, always had good service, easy billing, good Internet speed, and the one time the Internet failed, they had it fixed in 24hours.
Don't know what your problem is Whistle
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #22157387th Mar 2021 10:11 am
Hardware

I've been with them almost from the start ... had some problems with them about 20 years ago when I had to talk their muppets in tech support through their own troubleshooting process, but been pretty good since.

I expect to be leaving them this year though ... better deals to be had by the look of things.

Dean

Post #22157677th Mar 2021 11:11 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've been with Talk Talk for over 10years and had nothing but great service and support but will be changing soon now that fibre is coming into the village. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder