Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 54 of 282 <123 ... 535455 ... 280281282>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

astonbuilder wrote:
Not an outright scam but I have been 'duped'.......

Had reminder I hadn't taxed or SORN'd my 'bike so got onto it straight away. Put in their website details and the 16 digit code, etc. and taken to a Google page and clicked on teh top link as I 'expected to'.

All looking 'normal' and going through, confirmed vehicle by reg' number, all same as DVLA site and selected 12 months, etc. Put my card details in and clicked 'next' and then it asked me to create an account with a password and I thought "hang on". Exit'ed the site and back-paged to the Google site and the correct DVLA site is the second link....... Embarassed

Went to my bank account and £0.50 taken (back on web and this is for '24 hours access to the database' and then '£5.95/month thereafter'.

Two days on and £5.95 sat in my pending payments box on bank account from the company. Rang bank and they were fine but won't do anything until moved from pending to paid. Said I'd contacted the site and no reply.

Since then I've been back onto the site, again contacted them, and also tried to 'log in' but as I halted the process before completing it, as expected, says I don't have an account with them.
Reckon I'm trapped in a cycle now every month if bank won't halt it when I call back.

Expect I will have to cancel my card to halt it Rolling Eyes

Bank has blocked any future payments going out but won't refund the £0.50 and £5.95 as it's 'not a scam' (fair enough, I 'accept' that but its disingenuous at best). They said I must have 'agreed' it but can 'apply' for a snatch back in 15 days if company will not answer my calls or emails. I have pointed out that the company responded to my email with an automated reply saying for me to 'log into your account' (which I never created) but in trying to do exactly that (needs email address and password) by putting email address in and then clicking 'forgot password' I get on an-screen prompt saying I don't have an account with them........ Rolling Eyes

Bank suggested I call them (they were going to give me the number, surely indicates 'not new' to them?) but given it's a premium rate line and they are, borderline, scammers, why would I do that??

If it means they cannot take future money off me I am OK, write the £6.45 to experience, but I have a nasty feeling I will start to get 'tried to take money and account blocked, you owe us....' messages next....... Question

Post #214842123rd May 2020 1:15 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Message from Dartford Toll:
Your Dart Charge account has been inactive for 12 months.
In accordance with our terms and conditions, your account will be closed if it remains inactive for a further 90 days. You can keep your account open by topping up your balance or by making a crossing in a vehicle which is linked to the account.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 0300 300 0120 between 8:00am and 10:00pm daily (excluding public holidays). Alternatively, email customerservice@dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk.
Yours sincerely,

signature

Head of Operations
Dart Charge Customer Services

Best I start driving over the kin thing a few times then Razz

Post #214866424th May 2020 10:30 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Amazon ... need to get a map perhaps before my parcel does another tour of the North West ?

Post #214873724th May 2020 1:44 pm
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Charliecloud wrote:
In accordance with our terms and conditions, your account will be closed if it remains inactive for a further 90 days. You can keep your account open by topping up your balance or by making a crossing in a vehicle which is linked to the account.

I had the same, they wouldn't keep the accout open, unless I drove over the bridge in one of the registered cars. I had credit on the account still, and didn't want to add another £10, because I rarely use the crossing. So they offered to send my cash back, in the form of a cheque, personally signed by someone! Why I couldn't just keep the account open I don't know.
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #214874724th May 2020 2:49 pm
kestrelpc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Charliecloud wrote:
If you have any queries, please contact us on 0300 300 0120 between 8:00am and 10:00pm daily (excluding public holidays). Alternatively, email customerservice@dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk.
Yours sincerely,

signature

Head of Operations
Dart Charge Customer Services

Same here, queried it with them explaining that I don't wish to incur two crossing charges just to keep the account open, and got the following info in the reply:

"Please be advised inactive account notifications have been issued to all Dart Charge account holders that have had not used their account for 12 months or more. This procedure is in place to follow the general data protection regulations (GDPR) and our data retention responsibilities.

We understand that the current situation makes travel unrealistic and we do not expect anyone to make a journey for the sole purpose of keeping an account open.

If you wish to reactivate the account you do have the option to make a top up payment. While we can only accept a £10 payment online, if you call our contact centre on the number below our team will be happy to take a payment of £1.

If you do not wish to keep your account we are happy to provide a full refund. In this case we would refund any existing credit to the original payment method or, if this is not possible, by cheque. To enable us to complete your account closure and refund any remaining credit balance please reply to this email with the following information:"

they also suggested I use their PAYG service (which I can find no mention of on their site) which can be used in place of a pre paid account, so guessing its more per crossing), or I can manually pay. Have asked them to close the account for now and will see what happens with work after lockdown. Surely me asking them to keep the account open and retain my details would have covered the GDPR 'problem', or is this just another case of bureaucracy gone mad?

Post #214883324th May 2020 7:25 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Just received a text saying my "outstanding vehicle tax refund from an overpayment is pending" with a link to a secure website:
dvlagov.uk
and there is a re-assuring DVLA logo with a crown

BUT...

when looking at the link carefully before clicking it actually shows dvlagov.ukre816.com?c=2

I haven't SORN my car so no reason why I would have a refund but posted here as a warning that this appears to be yet another scam site - thieving Censored Censored !!
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #214906825th May 2020 4:13 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

They can send me a refund any day they like. But my current car is a £0 one, so I'm not expecting a large one.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #214907025th May 2020 4:17 pm
Hardware

sloppy journalism 1: Manchester Evening News

EMPLOY A PROOF READER !!!!!

Post #214929526th May 2020 11:04 am
Hardware

sloppy journalism 2 : Warrington Guardian

Story starts and ends with cars being covered in soap powder and how it's somewhere between slightly annoying and amusing for the 2 or 3 residents they spoke to.

But where is the part that explores why on earth a chemical that many people are allergic to, which can cause loads of respiratory issues even if you're NOT allergic to it and which will burn like Censored if it gets in your eyes ... escaped from a factory in a reasonably large amount, became airborne and landed on nearby property and was not being actively cleaned-up by owners of said factory. ???

Wonder if Unilever are

a) major employer in Warrington
b) major advertiser in the local paper.

Post #214929726th May 2020 11:11 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

c) Both of the above?

If it rains, the cars might be Dazzlingly clean, even the Aerials. Was it blown there on the Febreze or did a Fairy leave it? The car owners can take Comfort in in being Sure that it probably wasn't that Irish vandal, Tim O'tei - the Brut!.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #214930126th May 2020 11:17 am
DEVON

England 

Thats a “Bold” statement ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #214933026th May 2020 12:11 pm
al cope

England 

Yeh, but the stuff will Vanish quite quickly Whistle

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #214934626th May 2020 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

Journalism again ... BBC website this time

Headline

Click image to enlarge

Content...
Start with emotive statement
Quote:

It was the lowest output since the Second World War, according to the industry body, Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).

Repeat the headline 197 card bit ... but wait ! There's an important difference
Quote:

Just 197 premium and luxury sports vehicles rolled off factory lines, with 45 of those sent to UK customers.

And now we get the real figures ...
Quote:

In April there were 830 new car engines made at UK plants, 781 of which were exported. This level was down 99.5% on the year before.

OK... it IS a massive drop in output and will cause issues for many companies going forward BUT why on earth do they need to over-sensationalise the headline?

Unless the only cars that matter to BBC reporters are McLaren, Bentley, Rolls Royce etc.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #215000429th May 2020 5:52 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It’s the art of journalism. They have to grab your attention and draw you in.

Same as headlines on newspapers. There have been some genius headlines over the years, but lately it’s all sensationalism.

I don’t read news papers anymore. I used to buy one every day, but realised how much they try to influence daily life.

Post #215000629th May 2020 6:20 am
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Quote:
But where is the part that explores why on earth a chemical that many people are allergic to, which can cause loads of respiratory issues even if you're NOT allergic to it and which will burn like Censored if it gets in your eyes ... escaped from a factory in a reasonably large amount, became airborne and landed on nearby property and was not being actively cleaned-up by owners of said factory. ???

Much the same happened a good few years ago. The cause for the earlier escape was a road tanker with a defective pressure relief valve, tank pressure gauge and driver error. The driver opened the outflow pipe, opened the final ball valve before connecting the tank to the silo and tonnes of fine white powder shot out of the tank under the very low pressure in the tank, and once the flow had started it was not possible to shut the tank valves.....
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #215001129th May 2020 6:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 54 of 282 <123 ... 535455 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >