Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

Wheel change / suspension errors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Wheel change / suspension errors

Right, fitted me 17" wheels today, previously did a trial fit with the expected suspension error Rolling Eyes
Except that today, not through planning, but completely without thinking about it - no error Shocked
How so? well, I left the radio on
no 'fart' as previously
no error message
seems that the data bus is being held open for the suspension as well, yes, the level transducers moved, but did not attempt to level as previously

so it looks like LR have carefully studied the average garage grease monkey's habits and configured the car so that when the radio is on and volume set to 'ear bleed' everything works properly Wink

Post #2453023rd Oct 2005 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 
Re: Wheel change / suspension errors

10forcash wrote:
Right, fitted me 17" wheels today, previously did a trial fit with the expected suspension error Rolling Eyes
Except that today, not through planning, but completely without thinking about it - no error Shocked
no 'fart' as previously
no error message
seems that the data bus is being held open for the suspension as well, yes, the level transducers moved, but did not attempt to level as previously

so it looks like LR have carefully studied the average garage grease monkey's habits and configured the car so that when the radio is on and volume set to 'ear bleed' everything works properly Wink

Never mind that, what is the noise level like?

Post #2453323rd Oct 2005 4:23 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

had to put ear defenders on the dog and loosened a couple of ridge tiles on next door's roof Wink as the yoofs would say 'bangin man' Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
Post #2453523rd Oct 2005 4:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

had to put ear defenders on the dog and loosened a couple of ridge tiles on next door's roof Wink as the yoofs would say 'bangin man' Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Take it that they rumble a bit then Very Happy

Post #2454623rd Oct 2005 5:46 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

i was on about the radio Shocked there's a bit of rumble from the tyres, although most of it is harmonic, at the right speeds, most of it disappears  
Post #2454823rd Oct 2005 5:48 pm
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

i was on about the radio Shocked there's a bit of rumble from the tyres, although most of it is harmonic, at the right speeds, most of it disappears

How about balance as Garry used very little balance weight material as they appeared quite good?

Post #2454923rd Oct 2005 5:51 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

How about balance as Garry used very little balance weight material as they appeared quite good?
balance is fine... although one wheel has 80g on the outer rim Shocked  
Post #2455223rd Oct 2005 5:54 pm
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

Put that as the spare I take it.

Post #2455723rd Oct 2005 5:57 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
no 'fart' as previously
no error message

Put that as the spare I take it.
dunno, just bolted them on, seem fine after a bit of a blast  
Post #2455823rd Oct 2005 5:58 pm
10forcash

BTW, what's the torque settings for the wheelnuts? got Mrs. 10 to set 'em to 15-1/2 stone Shocked Shocked

Post #2455923rd Oct 2005 5:59 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

140Nm I seem to remember.....

I will have a torque wrench in the back in Wales....
 The End  
Post #2456323rd Oct 2005 6:19 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:

Bit less than MrsTFC then

Post #2456723rd Oct 2005 6:27 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Slimer wrote:

...don't to forgot to tie it down otherwise you might have the sense knocked out of you Shocked
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #2457123rd Oct 2005 6:50 pm
BN

England 

Dom Harvey wrote:
Slimer wrote:

...don't to forgot to tie it down otherwise you might have the sense knocked out of you Shocked

Now we have a wrench that talks Confused

Post #2457523rd Oct 2005 7:05 pm
Nomad

I assume that the your TDV6 Disco 3 has smaller breaks then my V8 LR3 right? That is why you were able to put the 17" rim on?

Thanks,
Nomad

Post #2465824th Oct 2005 12:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >