Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Will a Thermo Top C from a RRVogue fit a D4?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Willi

Brazil 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Will a Thermo Top C from a RRVogue fit a D4?

Hello everyone and sorry for the stupid question up above.
I tried researching about the differences between the Thermo Top C FBH that comes in a Range Rover Vogue and a Thermo Top V that comes in a D4 and I couldn't find much literature apart from the workshop manuals.

One thing I noticed is that the Thermo Top C is more compact and since it's the only one I could find around here (I currently live in Brazil and I'm preparing this car for long-range overlanding), I was wondering if I could fit a Thermo Top C instead of a V. The car already seem to have the wiring loom set in place, and would probably need fiddling with the IIDTOOL to get it to work.
Since Webasto doesn't sell FBHs here in Brazil, I was just going to bite the bullet with a used Thermo Top C from a range rover vogue.
I was considering just adding an external, remote-controlled circuit to turn it on or off, but if the car's own loom is capable of operating the thing, I would try to go with OEM, otherwise, I see no problem bypassing the car's system entirely.

From what I gathered from the wiring diagram on both FBH's plugs, they both have controls for the vehicle's fan, but not much apart from that. The car's wiring loom seems to be there to provide on/off control.

Post #210261329th Nov 2019 5:12 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

No it isn't compatible electrically.

The TTC has no CAN bus for automatic control from the D4 unlike the D4 TTV, and the L322 Range Rover version requires a K Line conversation with the air con ECU to allow it to start.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #210261429th Nov 2019 5:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Willi

Brazil 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Oh boy... it seems like I'll have to find a way to get my hands on a ThermoTop V then. They seem to be next to non-existant in latin america.

I saw serveral for sale on E-Bay, but one one ships them internationally, much less the whole heater+intake+exhaust+support assembly. I would also need the pump, since the diesel filter base already has the outlet, but the hose coming out is sealed and the plug for the pump is there, but no pump to be seen...

If there is anyone willing to help shipping the thing here, I would love the help and cover any extra costs...

Post #210261729th Nov 2019 5:31 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

More than happy to help with sourcing/shipping Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #210261829th Nov 2019 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >