Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > IIDTool Help

Wish list of things I would realisticlly like to do with IID
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
zinke

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Wish list of things I would realisticlly like to do with IID

Ok so I've been thinking for a while that there are a few things that i would like to change that isn't in the CCF options.

So firstly, and the main thing that got me thinking about this, is the temp the FBH kicks in at on the D3. On a D4 it kicks in at 8 degrees i think, but on the D3 its 5 degrees. I think 5 is a bit too cold and see why it was put up to 8 on the D4 and would love to change it on mine up to 8 degrees.

I would also like the cruise control to work at slower speeds, i spend a fair bit of time driving long farm tracks where the ability to set the cruise control to say 8-10 mph would be very nice.

So what other things can anybody think of that they would change if they can? Hopefully if a few of us want the same kind of changes and then the kind people at GAP may be able to look into it and see if its possible, but I'm sure the changes aren't going to be as easy as they would appear to be.

Thanks

Pete.
 IID, webasto software and workshop facility's available.  
Post #203798718th Mar 2019 11:38 am
Sea Raider

If I changed the FBH setting to 8 degrees, there would only be about 4 days of the year when it wouldn't kick in.

Big Cry Big Cry

Post #203798818th Mar 2019 11:46 am
zinke

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Surely that’s a good thing! The more the fbh runs the less time the engine isn’t operating below running temp so the less engine wear that occures.

Pete.
 IID, webasto software and workshop facility's available.  
Post #203798918th Mar 2019 11:49 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

It was 6 degrees on my old D3.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #203804618th Mar 2019 2:43 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

7degc iirc?

Post #203814418th Mar 2019 8:25 pm
limaluk

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I need to make some changes to CCF (remote Webasto, Xenon headlights, wing mirror puddle lights, DAB etc) Is there anyone in the North East who can set up CCF at a decent price.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948
Discovery 4 XS
Discovery 3 XS
Discovery 3 SE 

Post #222676325th Apr 2021 10:33 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sea Raider wrote:
If I changed the FBH setting to 8 degrees, there would only be about 4 days of the year when it wouldn't kick in.

Big Cry Big Cry

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter It’s not that bad Sea Raider, I was in Argyll last summer, and the FBH only kicked in once. Laughing Further North on the Moray Firth, it never kicked in at all. Shocked
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years. 

Last edited by DN on 25th Apr 2021 11:59 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #222677825th Apr 2021 11:54 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Wish list of things I would realisticlly like to do with IID

zinke wrote:

So firstly, and the main thing that got me thinking about this, is the temp the FBH kicks in at on the D3. On a D4 it kicks in at 8 degrees i think, but on the D3 its 5 degrees. I think 5 is a bit too cold and see why it was put up to 8 on the D4 and would love to change it on mine up to 8 degrees.

I agree, the factory setting is too low at 6°, but there "may" be a way to get around this!

The standard Webasto WTT V2.14 software only allows for a diagnostic interface with the burner, so you can't really change anything. There is however a Webasto engineering version available which "might" allow the value to be changed from 6° to 8°.

A word of warning though, using this software comes with a high risk of corrupting the board rendering the burner nothing more than complete scrap, and for that reason I am not endorsing it's use.

However, if on the other hand you happened across another burner at say a breakers for example, Whistle it might be worth a go! The only person I know to have used this software successfully for a different issue is member itguy. You could PM him and ask his opinion, or that of Motolab who has professional experience with Webasto systems.

If you do decide to go for it, you might report back to tell us what happened when it blew up Laughing
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222677925th Apr 2021 11:54 pm
Devon Z

England 

Sea Raider wrote:

Big Cry Big Cry

Being told there’s only two seasons in Scotland, winter and July 😄
 Steve

*2005 RR Sport 2.7tdv6 HSE. Current project.
*98 Volvo V70R FWD, owned 14 years, future project.
*99 BMW Z3 30k miles owned from new. 

Post #222691526th Apr 2021 6:51 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

And it can snow in July. Thumbs Up I did an off-roading jolly to Poland in July a few years ago, I was getting up to 28c, SWMBO in Grantoon was walking the dogs in +2c. Laughing Laughing

Post #222691926th Apr 2021 7:00 pm
Class—

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Did i read somewhere that you can use the hill decent function along with the steering wheel buttons to use cruise control at slow speeds?

Post #22280673rd May 2021 6:34 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Funny way of phrasing it but yes ... select HDC and the cruise + - buttons adjust the max speed before HDC cuts in.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #22280923rd May 2021 8:09 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Wish list of things I would realisticlly like to do with IID

PROFSR G wrote:

I agree, the factory setting is too low at 6°, but there "may" be a way to get around this!

The standard Webasto WTT V2.14 software only allows for a diagnostic interface with the burner, so you can't really change anything. There is however a Webasto engineering version available which "might" allow the value to be changed from 6° to 8°

Temp input on a LR D3 webasto itself is not configured …temp sensor is also not wired to the webasto on a LR D3... a certain LR ECU controls the startup temp

It really makes no sence to use and try to manipulate the webasto with “engineering” software.. IMHO

If you want to change the FBH startup temp number, change it on the LR ECU who controls it… not on the webasto…

On the other hand… “universal” webasto’s or non LR webasto with the temp pin configured are triggered by the tempsensor who is calibrated at 7 degrees celcius…. It is just a on/off sensor…calibrated at 7 deg…
(They also often will start with a manual on/off switch). If you mount a 3 deg or 9 deg sensor, it will just start up at those temperatures….. so maybe, just maybe, the LR works the same…. (Probably not 8) )

But you never know.. Try changing the outside temp sensor with a different calibration
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #22281233rd May 2021 10:40 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

OK, so that clears up the question re altering temp setting, cheers Harold Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22281263rd May 2021 10:55 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I did not know at first that this pin on the LR webasto wasn’t configured, until FLACK pointed me at that Wink and explained that the LR did control the temp related startup

I wanted to mount a on/off switch between the pin and the temp sensor to make it possible to stop it starting on very short drives…. Like we use to do on the “universal” and VW/merc and BMW auxillary heaters…
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #22281273rd May 2021 11:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >