Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Worried
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Worried

After reading this forum for a while I am now starting to get worried I have rejected my D3 for paint problems and am expecting a new one in October, I am worried I may be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire I have had no electrical or mechanical defect at all on the one I have got just paint problems am I right to be concerened. Are most of tha faults due to faulting dealer setting up and if so as I have had no faults does that mean I have a dealer who knows what they are doing. Is the 06MY going to be better or worse.

Post #157012nd Sep 2005 10:06 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I don't think we really know at the minute - however if you weren't happy with your old D3 then you've done the right thing.

If it was set up correctly by the dealer to start with, then maybe you stand more chance of getting another one which is right.

There was a theory at some stage that said that later 05MY (March 05 onwards) cars would be 'sorted', but this hasn't proved to be the case.

Fingers crossed the 06MY will be better, if not then get prepared to kick up an enormous fuss Rolling Eyes
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #157032nd Sep 2005 10:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Dont worry if this one plays up you can be assured you will hear me from there and as I live very close to the factory they will hear me as well Laughing Laughing

Post #157042nd Sep 2005 10:15 pm
BN

England 

scorpio wrote:
Dont worry if this one plays up you can be assured you will hear me from there and as I live very close to the factory they will hear me as well Laughing Laughing

Scorpio, I have an excellent dealer, but in reality, I havent got a clue as to how good the mechanics are. I do have a very strong suspicion that a lot of dealers have problems because the mechanics are not trained well enough.

I know of few other car makes that dealers need to keep cars for checks for days, that is one of my biggest concerns and that does tend to prove my theory a little.

Post #157122nd Sep 2005 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >