Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
eclectus

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Stingray, yes that was my first thoughts too about the privacy glass, I suppose the tinting is practical if you are carrying valuable stuff or using it as a van...although some have said it keeps the car cooler etc, I was thinking about my 2 bassets who will be my mates in the back. BMW saloon absolute no use for long bodies hounds.

I hadn't seen a D4 Santorini Black without privacy glass, it was an HSE I test drove but yours looks really good and the interior looks great with it also.

Well as I've mentioned before I'm due to get the XS on Monday but it could be delayed a day or two depending on the DVLA turn around time for the cherished plate transfer from the BMW, I on;y gave the dealer the details last Friday, hopefully it will be Monday. I will post pics as soon as.

Post #77569818th Mar 2011 10:46 am
Mad Phil

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

WelshDisco wrote:
Welcome aboard! I love my XS - just need to pop and see Pete at Bellauto's to have a few things activated.

What can you get activated ??

Not had time to read up or find out.. Nothing was said on hand over Sad

Post #77570418th Mar 2011 11:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eclectus

Hi Mad Phil

From what I can gather on the XS, you can activate 4 x 4 display, Off Road Sat Nav, Timed Heating with remote if required, Voice Activation.

Post #77573118th Mar 2011 12:18 pm
Mad Phil

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Brilliant, thanks for that..

Sturgess here i come.. Very Happy

Post #77573318th Mar 2011 12:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eclectus

No problem.

Sturgess??

Post #77574718th Mar 2011 12:44 pm
Mad Phil

Sturgess of Leicester

Land Rover & Jag Dealer

Post #77575018th Mar 2011 12:53 pm
Skep

Location: between Sheffield, Chesterfield, Worksop and Mansfield

United Kingdom 

I dont think a Land Rover dealer would activate these bits, it kind of defeats the object of different specs, I think you have to go to see Pete at Bellauto's, or i think there are some others on here who have the know how to activate it for a small fee! Thumbs Up
 '16 Volvo XC90 R Design Bursting Blue (Vera)
'12 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White (Daz - Gone Sad
'10 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black (Vinnie - Gone)
'07 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey (Gone)
Club Side Skeps 

Post #77581318th Mar 2011 3:31 pm
Mad Phil

Hi, Any one around the Midlands / Leicester way that can do this for the small fee ??

Post #77582318th Mar 2011 3:59 pm
eclectus

Bell Autos is in or near York.

Pete has replied to this thread on the first page.

Post #77584418th Mar 2011 5:00 pm
eclectus

Well its been confirmed that I wont get the XS to Tuesday or Wednesday, would have got it on Monday as planned if I had given them the cherished plate details a couple of days before..

Must admit I had to contact the dealer about it although he did mention to me the delay could be possible, but I do now have a bit of a feeling that the sales man has moved on and his job is done type thing. A bit disappointed in that, the answer I got yesterday was that delivery would be Tuesday or Wednesday and he would let me know. I mean there's been over 44 grand spent here....not to mention that I'm excited as a kid at Christmas..Smile

e

Post #77607219th Mar 2011 9:50 am
Bigmac

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Hi - I am sure you will really enjoy the XS. I got mine 4 weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling since. I agree with the other comments on here, that the dark exterior colour with the light interior colour looks great. I have Bournville (which looks stunning in the sunshine and black in the shade) with the almond interior and the kids haven't trashed it yet!

Enjoy!!

Post #77616019th Mar 2011 5:40 pm
eclectus

thanks Big Mac, good that you like the dark and light interior, I quite liked the Bourneville myself,no pics yet? Yes I'm looking forward to it Smile

Thanks for all the XS replies from guys that have them, its very reassuring.

Can anyone tell me if the Reversing Camera function and Rear Parking Aid are the same thing, its just that I was reading that the rear camera can be used when not reversing but wasn't sure if it was tied in with the surround camera option?

e

Post #77636120th Mar 2011 10:02 am
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

eclectus wrote:

Its great you feel that the D4 is a better cruiser. My 525 is getting about 23 about the doors so, for that the 4 should be better, round the doors anyway. I liked what you said about "no sole" this is my first Land Rover and indeed 4 x 4 and the ego in me was saying to itself that I'd downgraded from BMW but the more I look at the D4 the more I like it and believe its "luxury" offering now.

edit 12.00 pm, looks like theres a chance I wont get the XS to maybe 22nd or 23rd March instead of 21, kind of left the cherished number transfer a bit late...

I really do prefer the D4 over the 5 series for long distance cruising. The 5 really was a great long distance car and my one was most comfortable (in the grove) at around 90 (only ever on autobahns of course Whistle ) and simply great on smooth tarmac. But, I'd still say the D4 is more comfortable and relaxing and a bit quieter in the cabin - the raised driving position also means it's easier to see all round... Except for the blindspot at the back when numpties drive up under the bumper to 'intimidate' you - in reality they just disappear and risk piling into 2.7 very solid tons if you hit the anchors. The other thing is that I find that the D4 encourages you to drive a bit slower, I don't feel the need to tear around at BMW speeds and that's just not an issue!

Plus the D4 is definitely not a downgrade. Everyone I take in it much prefers it to the 5 for style.

On milage - 23mpg!!! You must have been driving a petrol then. My previous 525i did about 26 on average. the 530D did 34ish. The D4 is about 26 again and that is a bit of an ouch as I'd hoped for the advertised 30. Only get near that with very gently motorway driving. But do I care - Nah!

Enjoy the new car!

Post #77638420th Mar 2011 10:53 am
eclectus

Hi RichardB, thanks for all your reassurance, much appreciated...again great to know you think the D4 a better car in every way than the 5.

Yes, I have been using the OBC for the mpg but a few weeks back I worked it out to much the same filling the tank up to full and dividing the miles travelled with the litres used to fill. approx 23.9 or something.

The thing is recently I have not been doing many miles, its 4 miles to work and 4 back again and anything else is round the doors. I live just outside Glasgow, the other night I went 12 miles on the motorway and back again from Glasgow and it raised to about 34mpg, I do know in the past I could get about 600 to the tank. I also had been reading on some BMW forums that some 525's were getting the same mpg, some people were getting remaps done and it was better but it is a 55 plate with and engine that emits 210 emissions...think the new ones are better in fuel economy.

eSmile

Post #77639420th Mar 2011 11:23 am
eclectus

Hi all well didnt get the car yesterday (I would have if I had used normal registration) and doesnt look like it today. Phoned dealer yesterday and he is now saying that it could be friday its down to the DVLA when last week this Wednesday was a worse case scenario. Big Cry

Its sitting at the dealers, might go over and take some pics and post them.

eSmile

Post #77726722nd Mar 2011 12:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >