Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Looks really smart. 8)

Bet it was all worth the wait now.

Thumbs Up

btw, collecting mine tomorrow.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #77889026th Mar 2011 11:17 am
ukdave104

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

That looks 8) , can't wait to get mine......roll on Wednesday Thumbs Up

2014.5 Discovery 4 HSE in Corris Grey Metallic - arriving this week.
2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8, now departing
2012 Freelander HSE SD4 Auto - Mrs UkDave104's Toy.
2010 Discovery 4 XS - gone
2008 Discovery 3 HSE - gone
2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4 - gone

Post #77895026th Mar 2011 2:32 pm
devonchilliman

England 

Looks great eclectus Thumbs Up

Cant wait to see yours Ron Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Post #77904226th Mar 2011 7:55 pm
eclectus

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi lads thanks.

Just need to get some bits a pieces like dog guard and liner and I will do some distance. Also plan in getting some running boards too and get them fitted at my work Wink

Not really had a chance since Friday but up and down to work in it has been great and anybody I've had in it has been thoroughly impressed. I'm at the look back behind me and look out the window stage to make sure its still there Smile

Its a smashing vehicle and I really like driving it, it has definately got something about it....

Just need to get the dogs used to it too.

eSmile
 Discovery 4 XS Santorini Black, Almond and Arabica, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, arrived 250311  
Post #77987929th Mar 2011 5:19 pm
ukdave104

1 more sleep to go, pick mine up @ 11:30 tomorrow morning......I can't wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #77994129th Mar 2011 8:22 pm
eclectus

good luck with the XS ukdave, might bump into you in Aberdeen at some point...
 Discovery 4 XS Santorini Black, Almond and Arabica, Reversing Camera, Spare Wheel, arrived 250311  
Post #78020930th Mar 2011 10:54 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

ukdave104 wrote:
1 more sleep to go, pick mine up @ 11:30 tomorrow morning......I can't wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It's well gone 11.30 ...... 12.35 to be precise and you've not posted!!

Well, do you have Mr. Green it yet?
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #78024530th Mar 2011 12:35 pm
ukdave104

Just arrived back at work.......

And she's all mine Mr. Green 8) Mr. Green 8) Mr. Green 8)

Photos to follow later Thumbs Up

Post #78024830th Mar 2011 12:49 pm
devonchilliman

England 

Look forward to seeing the pics Thumbs Up

Post #78037130th Mar 2011 6:09 pm
eclectus

Hi all.

Well I am thoroghly impressed with the XS, my wife picked the Santorini Black and Almond and Arabica interior and I'm glad she did. Everyone that has been in it has commented that its a bit of class, prefering it to the 525 M sport I had and also of the ride of it. The suspension is great.

I have now fitted a set of running boards to it, not the Land Rover supply type but a set of aluminium ones from Direct 4 x 4 which really goes well with the black and breaks it up a bit.

MPG I seem to be getting about 23, 4 miles to my work and 4 miles back, round about the doors type thing (which incidentally I was getting with the BMW round the doors). I took it a run to NW England last week and when I pulled in to fill up off the 74 I forgot to reset the trip meter but later on when I stopped for a fag (not smoking in the new car Wink ) just after Carlise I reset it and the reading I was getting was up at the 37mpg mark. I keep forgetting to calculate it properly when I fill dividing the mileage driven with the litres it took to fill the car.

Had the dogs in a couple of times and hopefully now getting used to it, one was sick first couple of times.

Anyway thought I would report in but I definately want the other stuff activated when I can. One disappointmnet is the Sat Nav well the fact its not live. Mate had the new TomTom on the English run and it was a lot better but the LR one is adequate. Nothing major to report, only drove about a 1000 miles.

eSmile
Post #78723918th Apr 2011 12:19 pm
eclectus

Did a round trip from my home to Aberdeen, approx 320 miles round trip 90 % motorway/dual carriageway using cruise control at 70 miles per hour going to, coming back about 75 mph and averaged about 29.5 mpg. I think using this as a calculation I would get approx 450 miles to a tank on motorway at between 70-75 mph.

Just my observations thats all, I reported a trip to NW England 2 weekends ago getting up about 37 mpg, dont know about this now, maybe cos it was all downhill...Smile
Post #78826621st Apr 2011 12:37 pm
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
D4 XS - fellow Glaswegian about to negotiate a deal !

Hi Eclectus - I have been following your posts about your new D4 with interest as a fellow Glaswegian ! Hope it's turning out to be as good a buy as it sounded !

I am on the point of (finally!) negotiating a deal for a (probably new) D4 XS. I haven't quite decided on the factory options I want yet but the wife wants side steps(she's on the small side!) and a heated steering wheel and I reckon Xenons would be worth the extra cash (I've been delighted with them on my Merc). Otherwise, privacy glass is a "maybe". The other thing I'll definitely do is make a trip to see Pete at Bell Autos to get the timed climate activated etc - did you make the trip ?

I have a connection through a friend with one of the Glasgow dealers which should ensure some kind of discount - but then again when I checked out Broadspeed's price at the weekend they were quoting under £40K (obviously before adding any options), which I think is a pretty hard price to beat.

I am conscious that delivery times seem to be stretching out again and so we don't want to hang about too much longer before we place an order. On the other hand, I have seen elsewhere on the forum that a "tweaked" 258bhp engine and 8 speed auto are to be fitted on the 2012 MY from June (?) so I'd want to know that I was getting the latest spec before confirming the order.

Any suggestions/comments in the meantime are welcome !

Cheers

Peter

Post #79975724th May 2011 10:08 am
eclectus

Hi Peter, so far I am quite please with the XS, its a different animal from the 525 but its a comfy ride and I like driving it. I think like everything else you can get used to things. I started thinking to myself the D4 can be quite roly but just accepted it for being what it is. I jumped into my sons wee sporty Fiesta the other day and I was not impressed, handling road noise etc. I think to keep reminding yourself just how good the D4 is you have to drive "lesser" cars every now and again Smile. I had a shot of my old 525 sport not so long ago and you could feel every bump on the road. I cannot give my total review though until I've drove it in the snow, I think this is when it will separate the men from the boys.

I have a set of side steps, some people can use them some cant be for me the aluminium breaks up the santorni black. Dont know about heated steering wheel but I suppose Xenons could set it off more. The reversing camera I would recommend highly, once you get used to it you can accurately park using it. Not been to Pete at Bell Autos yet but I'm due in his neck of the woods in September for a wedding.

The 2011 MY was different from the 2010, I suppose its what you want but I am happy with what I have. One thing though, I am getting 20.5 mpg town driving and thats treating her like a lady, the onboard gauage reads about 22. I can get 29.9 mpg tarveling north and south to and from Aberdeen at about average 75mpg. Saying that I only got 23 mpg town driving with the 525 although obviously it was a lot better on the distance.

Should have got a cable for the ipod, just got an ipad and I think to connect it its a dedicated cable, maybe somebody can keep me right? the usb interface is great for music etc.

So if you go for it mate, good luck with it and I wish you well Smile
Post #79979324th May 2011 11:47 am
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks chum - appreciate you taking the time to let me have your thoughts.

Fuel consumption looks like it will be a sore one but not unexpected given size and weight of the car.

Obviously options are largely down to personal preference but I think I know the ones I would really want/need.

I will let you all know how the negotiation/order process goes.

Cheers

P

Post #80009925th May 2011 9:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >