Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
eclectus

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
XS

Hi, pick up my Discovery 4 XS on 21 March, in Santorini Black, Almond and Arabica interior with reversing camera, full spare.

I've had a silver BMW 5 series for a while now and never had a black car lol in fact this is my first 4 x 4.

Posted originally in "General" but maybe should have been here.

Thought I would say hello Smile

Post #77274110th Mar 2011 3:34 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome to the club Thumbs Up

Pete

Post #77287510th Mar 2011 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hello, sounds nice you should get some photos up Thumbs Up Still waiting for my D4 to arrive, not long now Crying or Very sad

Post #77288810th Mar 2011 9:39 pm
WelshDisco

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Welcome aboard! I love my XS - just need to pop and see Pete at Bellauto's to have a few things activated.
 2010/60 Discovery 4 XS Zermatt Silver - Privacy Glass, Timed Climate (with remote), Voice, 4x4 screen, Bong on lock/un-lock (Pete BellAutos)
Discovery TDV6 SE (06) Gone!
Military 90 (1986) gone but not fogotten!
TV Option (Thanks to Wiggs)
Parrot CK3100 

Post #77294110th Mar 2011 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eclectus

WelshDisco wrote:
Welcome aboard! I love my XS - just need to pop and see Pete at Bellauto's to have a few things activated.

Hi lads thanks for the welcome, I dont have it yet to 21 March a week on monday, ordered it on 29 January and the time has just dragged in...

I got kind of lulled into a false sense of security thinking the XS would have armrests and was sure some sort of sunroof.

My whole order came to £44070, including tax, metalic paint, reversing camera, spare wheel, rubber mats and super duper paint protection stuff.

So what exactly can be activated by Pete although I'm just outside Glasgow?

Post #77306811th Mar 2011 11:24 am
addicted to nurburgring

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Unnecessary quote removed

I would be inclined to drop the super duper paint protection as dealers use this as a profit generator and it's usually over priced. For example, you can buy supa guard on the internet for approx 50 quid. Stealers usually charge 299 upwards. Plus they get a 6 an hour grunt to apply it. If you really want this stuff applying, I suggest you approach a professional detailer who should be able to do a much better job and price.
 Current:
2014 RRS 3.0 HSE
Porsche 997 GT3
BMW 118d SE
Past:
D4 HSE 3.0 TDV6 Auto
D3 HSE 2.7 TDV6 Auto 

Post #77309311th Mar 2011 12:12 pm
eclectus

Hi, I dont know whats involved in the protection apart from the fact that its supposed to be good, they are applying it and I will get the stuff to apply myself, I kind of just took it as a freebie, dont think there is anything else I could swapt it for apart for maybe adding money to the black tinted windows which i didnt want.

Post #77310011th Mar 2011 12:30 pm
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I'm sure Pete can give you the full list but if you look under his posts on D4 mods you will find most of it.

For me he did, I seem to remember:
4x4 screens with off road Nav
Voice control
Bits around the plip sounds when locking and unlocking
Timed climate control (and I later bought the remote control module)

Basically enables all the software bits that are already there on the XS but not switched on!

Also, leather on the XS is good. Very like the BMW leather unless you did the double upgrade on BMW to the fine napa leather. I think the XS leather is harder wearing and I don't worry about kids trashing it. As an ex 5 series driver (530d touring MS with toys in black Wink ) I have been very happy with the XS. No sunroof but really not necessary in a D4 as there is tons of glass. Don't get me wrong, the 5 was a great car in almost every way except in being totally pants off the black stuff. The D4 is superlative as soon as off the road. On road, cabin is just very slightly behind BMW standards on the XS. HSE a bit closer. But... D4 is a better, more relaxing cruising/motorway drive (that harsh suspension is great round bends and makes the 5 stupidly chuckable its size but in the MS its ultimately wearing otherwise). And, while I really liked the 5, it somehow just lacks the grin factor. After 9 months I just love driving the D4. The 5 was great but lacked... Sole.

Plus, I can get 50-100% more gear in the D4 and the 5 touring was not exactly lacking in capacity.

Only downside is that the D4 will use more fuel. Do I care, not really.

I don't thick you will regret the switch for a moment.

Post #77333912th Mar 2011 12:40 am
eclectus

Hi mate thanks for that, It might be worth a trip to Yorkshire to get things stwiched on then, will be in North Yorkshire for a weekend for a wedding in September and could maybe tie it in. I need to fit a dog guard and bootliner too. I fancied a set of running boards too but if i do fit them wiill get it done myself. I never ordered privacy glass with the black and now i'm in 2 minds. Saw a black discovery XS with almond and arabica interior which I have ordered and now well, I think it might be too light inside, dont know. I also asked my dealer yesterday when i was giving him the paperwork for my plate about this LED's with the halogens on some XS models and said that yes that did happen but as its not standard its basically pot luck if you get them. They must use them for the Landmarks and pop them into the XS if they feel like it i think lol.

I currently have a 525 M sport saloon model and I think your right about the leather on it and the xs, I was in the showroom yesterday and that was the first I was in an XS it was an HSE I test drove. I looks good inside, did a bit of exploring like making sure it had the USB interface. Big Boot which i need for my two dogs, I think your right about the suspension, I remember jumping into the 5 series after test driving the HSE and I could feel every bump on the road, must just have got used to that, but great car to drive but no practicallity whatsover though for me now with the dogs. Its great you feel that the D4 is a better cruiser. My 525 is getting about 23 about the doors so, for that the 4 should be better, round the doors anyway. I liked what you said about "no sole" this is my first Land Rover and indeed 4 x 4 and the ego in me was saying to itself that I'd downgraded from BMW but the more I look at the D4 the more I like it and believe its "luxury" offering now.

edit 12.00 pm, looks like theres a chance I wont get the XS to maybe 22nd or 23rd March instead of 21, kind of left the cherished number transfer a bit late...

Last edited by eclectus on 12th Mar 2011 1:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #77339112th Mar 2011 9:22 am
Goffie01

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

WelshDisco wrote:

Me Too Thumbs Up

Post #77339812th Mar 2011 9:37 am
eclectus

Hi, might be a bit tedious for some but can anybody give me their thoughts on Santorini black, whether they like it, dislike it etc. Just don't seem to see a lot of black D4's about on the forum. Just that it is a discussion forum and I'm getting excited about the car coming Smile

Post #77514516th Mar 2011 8:56 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Mine is the same colour combo - Black with Almond/Arabica. I agonised for ages over the colours, and now pleased with the choice, apart from the fact that black shows the dirt so much. Mind you it looks good dirty as well!

I was in glasgow at the weekend - you could have had a look!

Pics in my gallery.

Ray

Post #77517616th Mar 2011 9:52 pm
bompie

Belgium 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Originally I would have ordered a black D4, it looks terrific!
But the misses wanted Bournville...
But I had the last word on it!

Yes, dear. Off course, dear. What you want, love! Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

So... Congrats with your black D4!

D4 HSE TDV6 - Bournville - Premium Leather - 7 seats + convenience Pack - panoramic roof - coolbox - Rear Diff - Privacy Glass - Park Distance Control - Surround Camera System - Xenon - Bluetooth - Full Spare - Cold-Climate -
Trailer Pack
... ETA Beginning of July 2011 ... --> Still 3,5 months... Sad

Post #77528317th Mar 2011 7:57 am
eclectus

Thanks Stingray, your photos look are great mate probably the best ones I've seen of the Santorini Black, got me more excited. It looks great without the privacy glass too, I never ordered it but I've been thinking recently of tinting the windows, now I'm not so sure...Smile edit and the almond and arabica looks great.

bompie, thanks a lot, it was actually my wife who wanted the black, now I'm worried Confused Very Happy

Post #77532817th Mar 2011 11:00 am
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I avoided ordering privacy glass as I don't like the 'van look'. To be honest, I don't really see the point of it anyway.

Enjoy the D4 when it arrives, and don't forget to put some piccys up!

Ray

Post #77547017th Mar 2011 8:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >