Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

An Anoraks D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Wireless Phone Charger

Whilst the D4 has been with us for years, the fact that it's now 'mine' is quite exciting and to celebrate I've treated myself to a few trinkets, one of which is a wireless mobile phone charging pad. This is a kit supplied by Powerful UK comprising an off-the-shelf charging pad and two 3D printed parts that together form a tray that fits in the top of the cubby box:

Click image to enlarge

They offer different versions of the kit and this one is specifically for use with the 'late' fridge that I have fitted.

It's quite a nice kit but I think it's fair to say that it's not 100%. The fit of the parts in the top of the cubby wasn't that great and resulted in my sanding down the side edges in an attempt to make them sit flat in the recess:

Click image to enlarge

It's still not perfect, but better than out of the box. I was concerned about weakening the whole thing if I took too much off.

Because the charge pad is a generic one, it too, is not ideal, particularly the cable. Quite near to the pad is a thickened section that includes a charging LED. Unfortunately, the cable between the two parts isn't long enough to have it above and visible, nor short enough for it to not foul the rear edge of the tray. I opted for sticking it to the underside with some Black Tack and will see how it goes. I also did the same with the cable itself to try and keep it contained:

Click image to enlarge

The fitting instruction video suggests that the cable is threaded under the lid hinge to the power socket on the rear of the centre console. I wasn't keen on that idea though, and opted to keep it all within the cubby lid. It does mean that the excess cable needs to be coiled up but that was resolved with a stick-on cable tie mount. All fully removable if it doesn't work out:

Click image to enlarge

(Didn't have any black cable ties to hand Rolling Eyes )

Once in place, it works very well and my phone sits neatly on the pad. The tray is hinged in the middle so that it's still possible to access the fridge. Overall, I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
 Darren

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

My new D4 Build Thread
My old D3 Build Thread 

Post #236487821st Mar 2024 12:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LandRoverAnorak

Door Threshold Protection

Another minor addition is some protection in the form of thick, sticky back vinyl to the door thresholds:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These come in the form of a pre-cut kit from Powerful UK and seem pretty good for the money. However, I did trim the ends to remove spaces for faintly ridiculous 'Supercharged' badges Rolling Eyes

I did something similar to my old D3 years ago and it seemed to hold up well, so I've got high hopes for these.
 Darren

My new D4 Build Thread
My old D3 Build Thread 

Post #236500023rd Mar 2024 4:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LandRoverAnorak

Ooh look, a shiny thing!

Click image to enlarge

I may even fit it if it ever stops raining.

The plan is to fit a Dixon Bate adjustable set up to this. I just need to work out which flavour of DB will give me the height that I want for a NATO hitch.
 Darren

My new D4 Build Thread
My old D3 Build Thread 

Post #236535028th Mar 2024 11:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >