Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Aux Interference
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
stalkem

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Aux Interference

I've read through too many threads about aux inputs, and haven't quite found anything like my issue.

I have a (new to me) 2008 LR3 HSE with the Logic 7 Premium Harman System. My radio (AM/FM) sound great. The CD sounds great. The phone through bluetooth sounds great... but the aux has a ticking noise when nothing is plugged in. I've noticed when driving if I switched to Aux it has a very high pitched whine. From what I've gathered on other posts, that seems to be a bad ground with some alternator feedback. I cut the Aux ground cable (pin 12) and regrounded to a clean ground, and same issue.

Has anyone encountered the same issue, or have any suggestions on what the issue might be? I also found the Connector C2115 Pinout Table, which show Pins 1/2/4 not used, but mine have wires going in. From what I've found in other wiring diagrams, those wires go to the microphone for the Nav system.

I've taken our the stock screen. I put in the loop connector for the fiber optics (MOST). I cut the aux cable and wired in a new aux connector with plans to connect an android auto (Aphqua) screen. The screen is in, and works great, except for the audio because of my aux issue.

Open to suggestions to try... I'm assuming it's a weird grounding issue. Which wire should I be trying to ground?

Thanks in advanced!

Post #236400810th Mar 2024 12:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >