DISCO4.COM > Advanced Factors

Battery Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 
Battery Prices

Consider this as an aid to your shopping rather than our sales pitch as we cannot send batteries with our courier! You can of course pick them up if close enough to us.

I see many posts about battery prices and where to buy, the choice is vast and full of little pitfalls.

When choosing a battery, whether it is for you Discovery or the second car have a look at the Amp Hour rating and the Cold Cranking Amps. Bigger is better but not always needed, I know JLR now specify an AGM battery for current stock but lets face it your Discovery has survived perhaps ten years without one.

If you are buying by price have a look at the at the cheap end of what is available then study whats inside the case by these figures, some say they are a particular part number (by rating) but they just don't have the lead in them to back it up.

Warranty periods often reflect the truth behind the contents, i.e. more lead = greater price = better lifespan. However you can get conned so don't just look at price.

These on our website will give you a guide on what to look for:

http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/5-automotive-batteries-494-c.asp

The Disco runs on a 019 or an AGM019

Something like a 1998 1.4 Astra would run an 063 and you can see one of cheapies is 38Ah 360CCA whilst its better option goes up to 46Ah and 490CCA so in this case you do get what you pay for.
 Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2774
Order Parts Online at www.advancedfactors.co.uk 

Post #13537857th Oct 2014 3:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >