Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Discovery 3 and 4 Vehicles

[Sold] 2005 (’55) Discovery 3 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discokev27

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
[For Sale] 2005 (’55) Discovery 3 HSE

The time has come for me to part ways with my cherished discovery 3, my usage had already dropped significantly after buying a VW California thats getting used alongside my discovery, but an incoming coming company car means I can’t justify running three vehicles and the lack of driveway space has sealed its fate. It’s something I’ll probably regret in the future but for now it seems the right time to let someone else enjoy it.

So if you’re searching for a well looked after Discovery with a list of high quality upgrades look no further!

I have for sale my 2005 (’55) Discovery 3 HSE, 2.7TD 7-seater with all the bells and whistles, I won’t go into the standard equipment on a HSE as I’m guessing most people who’ve made it to this forum have a good idea of what they are looking for and what goodies and HSE comes with. Being a ’55 plate it’s in the cheaper tax band than most other discovery 3’s. It has done just over 160k and will probably rise a little with use, it comes with a comprehensive service history and receipts that total in excess of £14,000 in the ten years that I’ve had it, there’s not much that hasn’t been replaced or repaired at some point during my ownership. This discovery has wanted for nothing and the receipts back this up! The cam belt was last replaced in 2018 inc the latest style oil pump, compressor and valves were replaced in 2020, V8 brake upgrade carried out a few years back with new pads all round fitted this month, Replacement GKN propshaft fitted in 2021 amongst a massive list of other things that have been done over the years.

In addition to having a solid service history I’ve added some practical upgrades in the form of a full length Prospeed roof rack inc floor plates and cross bars to attach a roof tent, Prospeed rear ladder, Prospeed rock/tree slider steps and a Prospeed compressor guard. A genuine raised air intake and to finish the look I powder coated the standard 19” alloys and fitted them with Goodyear Duratracs (9mm tred left). The cost of these mods alone runs in to the thousands at the time of purchase and the well renowned prospeed kit still fetches premium prices. There is also has FBH Smart Control module fitted to allow remote starting of the FBH in the winter.

As if all the above wasn’t enough to peak your interest then there is a full set of 4 spare HSE rims also powder coated black but could probably do with some TLC and shod with some more Duratracs (5ish mm left on them) and a Blackbox Solutions Nanocom Evolution will be thrown in too for good measure.

Now to the negatives, it is an 18 year old vehicle and as such it does have some scratches and marks on the bodywork the most of which have occurred in car parks (there are some seriously inconsiderate people out there!). Some may polish out if you’re handy with a da polisher but there are a few deeper ones that would need attention if you wanted perfect bodywork. The interior is in good condition for its age apart from the driver seat sidewall cracked and peeling and some damage to the rear seat pockets. Lastly one of the front parking sensors is on its way out, most of the time it’s fine but every now and again it gets stuck thinking something is in front of it. If I get time before it goes, I’ll look at replacing the faulty sensor. All Items flagged on its last MOT in November have all been repaired or replaced.

Price wise it's hard to gauge the market at the moment as discovery prices are all over the place but I’m going to stick a price on it of £6750* and work from there. Viewings are welcome and if you’re interested, please don’t hesitate to drop us a message.

* Price edited.

Last edited by Discokev27 on 26th Aug 2023 7:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #233965216th Jun 2023 5:00 pm
Discokev27

More pictures added!! Had some wifi issues yesterday so here’s the rest of the pictures I couldn’t upload. Thanks for taking the time to look 😊

Post #233968217th Jun 2023 7:30 am
Disco George

United Kingdom 

That's a great looking Disco!

I've been Land Rover-less for a few years and am considering rejoining the fold, but will need SWMBO sign off!

I'll get in touch if I win her over!

Regards, Guy
 SWMBO's - '14 FL2 TD4 XS auto. SOLD.
Dingo - '99 Disco 2 V8 converted to 300 Tdi - chawton white. SOLD.
Sharky - '06 Disco 3 HSE - bonatti grey, with alpaca leather. SOLD.
George - '98 Disco 1 - willow green 300Tdi auto. A fantastic Land Rover. SOLD.
Pingu - '96 Defender 110 CSW - epsom green 300Tdi. Sadly turned out to be a lemon! GONE.[/color] 

Post #23416219th Jul 2023 6:40 pm
SThorS

United Kingdom 

Hi, I’m Looking to enter into disco ownership. Is this still for sale?

Post #234220814th Jul 2023 10:11 pm
Discokev27

Hi all,

Apologies for not replying any sooner I’ve been out of the country for pretty much the last month half with work and half on holiday- neither with much internet access 🙈. I’m finally getting round to catching up with everything I’ve missed which has taken some time but I’m getting there at last.

Thanks for your comment Guy it is a lovely looking discovery and I’m sure I’ll regret it once it’s gone but as I said initially I think it’s time for it to go.

At the moment it’s still for sale so please pm if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Post #234502413th Aug 2023 10:38 pm
SThorS

United Kingdom 

Found one elsewhere - admittedly not as well kitted out. Oh well - I’m sure you’ll have little trouble selling - it does look great.

Post #234507914th Aug 2023 4:15 pm
Discokev27

No worries, glad you found one. Enjoy disco3 life 😄

Post #234509014th Aug 2023 5:08 pm
MHP

England 

PM sent Thumbs Up
 2009 Discovery 3 HSE - Gone
2019 Anniversary Edition D5 - Going
2019 HSE D5 - coming! 

Post #23471416th Sep 2023 2:42 pm
Glen336

United Kingdom 

Hi, is this still for sale? im interested, but cannot PM as im new to the forum. Thanks. Glen

Post #234874825th Sep 2023 1:31 pm
Discokev27

Hey Glen, yes sfs.

Not sure how many posts you need to PM someone 🧐

Post #234875125th Sep 2023 1:54 pm
Glen336

United Kingdom 

Ive got you PM, but cant reply, i need to do three posts first. Ill do one more post in a bit a try to PM after

Post #234875225th Sep 2023 2:11 pm
Discokev27

No worries mate. Drop a post on the introduction page. Even if my discovery’s not for you the forums a great place to learn about all things discovery related. It’s been invaluable through my ownership.

Post #234875725th Sep 2023 3:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >