DISCO4.COM > Africa

Short FR roofrack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Short FR roofrack

Hi All

Does anyone have the short (1.6 m) roofrack fitted. I have the longer one (2.2 M) and now that I have the RWC I don't need as much space on my roof . I was thinking of shortening the rack to behind the sunroof and was wondering how much quieter it would be .

Alternatively I wouldn't mind swapping my rack for the shorter one if someone needs a longer one

Post #25211228th Jan 2008 6:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Heine

I have the 1.6m fitted. It is adequate for my purposes as I don't want to be tempted to load more than a spare wheel, jerry cans and water. Possibly some wood but that's about it.
I cannot honestly comment on the noise level other than to say that at about 140km (fastest I have been so far with it installed) the wind noise is quite tolerable. The side winds do impact though but I'm sure that's true of all roof racks.

See my previous post on the positioning though as far as the sunroof is concerned.

When I work out how to post pictures within the forum (I thnk I need to add to my gallery first) I'll include it.

Post #2553625th Feb 2008 1:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

I ended up removing the RR but left the legs attached. This makes it quick and easy to do - only 8 bolts , and because the legs are still in place , not a hassle when I need to refit it . As the legs look quite ugly , I'm getting some rails made to bolt on the sides. Will post some pics when its done

BTW it makes a huge difference to wind noise and my consumption has also improved

Post #2555435th Feb 2008 7:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >