Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

V8 petrol possible fuel leak and or fuel pump or connector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Lrstaylor

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

So it played up again and iv ruled out any fuel issues, iv checked every sensor on the engine checked every connector.

I started monitoring battery voltage as it was OK sometimes and low at others I put it down to the crank no start and several failed attempts to start after cranking and timing out.

I put the battery on charge for a few days just to make sure it would be good and strong for further diag it's only 15 months old. Exide battery no cheap crap.

Bingo.....the battery wouldn't reach full charge even after 3 days further investigation revelled 11.6 volts no key in no ignition on and that would drop lower on cranking causing the cps to not function.

1 cell in the battery is going intermittent sometimes the battery reads healthy sometimes not so iv drop a new yuasa battery in and it fires 1st time every time within a couple of seconds.

There were no usual weak battery symptoms no error messages no warning lights no special programmes not available messages no low power mode from the radio.

I'm happy this very odd crank no start fault is fixed with a new battery if I hadn't been live monitoring battery voltage with my meter attached I wouldn't of seen the voltage fluctuate between 12.6 and 11.6 volts not a huge drop but enuff and when cranking falling even lower.

Post #23657583rd Apr 2024 7:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >