Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

2013 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

dangerdave wrote:
Yep, co nfu sing, but if you switch them on and have a look, then if they are projector halogens, you'll see they aren't as bright. The retro fit Xenons with Fairys is a good upgrade.

The Landmark's come with projector halogens including fairy's... which I was going to upgrade to Xenon's until I drove them for a while. IMHO, much better than the D3 xenon's, nice even spread without the hard cut-off or silly shutter. Actually prefer them now!
Thumbs Up

Post #9841851st Oct 2012 4:01 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #9842031st Oct 2012 5:00 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

I found the Xenons on the D4 to be far better than the xenons I had on the D3. I specced them up from new on my 11MY D4 XS so cannot say how the standard halogen D4 lamps perform.

Dex

Post #9844812nd Oct 2012 9:33 am
Jads777

Guernsey 

Just had a call from the local dealer to say that the D4 that I was expecting next week would now be a November build as they are still 'waiting for 13MY to open to load orders'. Does anyone know when 13MY actually opened?

They are about to meet Mr Stroppy and I would like to confront them with accurate info! Twisted Evil

Post #9844982nd Oct 2012 10:16 am
markate

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

According to an earlier post on this thread.

Information on MY13 was embargoed until 27th September.

Job#1 Start of Production is on 22 October 2012.

Start of Sales will commence in November.

Likely that the first vehicles down the line will be Dealer demonstrators, LR Experience vehicles and then customer orders so a November build for yours will be about right.

Post #9845652nd Oct 2012 12:40 pm
Jads777

Guernsey 

Thanks for the response Markate. Thumbs Up

The thing is I ordered the car on the 6th of August for early October delivery and it sounds like they haven't even placed the order with LR yet. I should imagine that LR have been taking 13MY orders for some time? It sounds to me like a cock up at the dealers.

Post #9845682nd Oct 2012 12:48 pm
kenneldriver

I ordered mine on August 8th, got a confirmed order/build spec on Sept 19th with a build date of Nov 9th. Hope this helps.

Post #9845792nd Oct 2012 1:26 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Jads777 wrote:
I should imagine that LR have been taking 13MY orders for some time? It sounds to me like a cock up at the dealers.

I wouldn't be so sure. The dealers didn't get any info on 2013MY until mid- September and although they would be taking general orders they could not have been specifically taking orders on the 2013MY as there was an element of the unknown. I ordered my HSE mid August and still haven't been given a build slot .I know the dealer placed the order as he did it there and then in front of my eyes Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9845822nd Oct 2012 1:33 pm
Jads777

Guernsey 

Thanks kenneldriver & DG. I think I had better give them the benefit of the doubt. Thumbs Up

Post #9845872nd Oct 2012 1:51 pm
kenneldriver

There is a double disadvantage in waiting this long for the car - firstly having to wait for months get behind the wheel of a new, shiny vehicle that you are so excited about and secondly the ability to add things to the spec which, at the time of the original order, seemed like unnecessary expense but now the pain of committing £40+k has faded don't seem too bad!

I've got til the second week in October to add/remove things from my spec and in the past week have deliberated over active rear diff lock and xenons numerous times. I've persuaded myself that for the amount it will go off road it doesn't need the former but still haven't decided re the xenons. I'd decided yes to them until yesterday when crews control posted his/her views.

Decisions, decisions Smile

Post #9845942nd Oct 2012 2:25 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #9846032nd Oct 2012 2:43 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

Not sure this has been posted or not, here is a link to the media release on the Black Design Packs and other 2013 features. I'm on the fence about the blacked out wheels.

Click image to enlarge

I'm thinking of replacing my 2010 LR4 with one of these now as opposed to the new FullFat, which was my original plan. The Ford Explorer-ization of some of the design details is not sitting well with me. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by eelpout on 2nd Oct 2012 7:01 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #9847202nd Oct 2012 6:24 pm
kenneldriver

You're right I do want them - I had a 2011 Freelander and the lights in that were pants, though I don't know whether they were 'projector' halogens.
I think I've talked myself back into them.... Wink

Post #9847212nd Oct 2012 6:26 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Like the new alloys Very Happy

and this bit

Quote:
The Points Of Interest (POI) function has been extended to include a 'My POI' category and POIs can now be uploaded from USB stick in 'GPX' format. POIs can also be downloaded from the Internet and personalised with name, icon and audible warnings.
A new function, Avoid Points, can be accessed from Stored Locations and used during route planning. The interface has been streamlined with more shortcuts to make setting of the destination easier and faster. For example, a 'GO' button replaces a list when there's only one destination available and also eases the setting of everyday Points of Interest.
In the navigation display, motorway overhead signs are displayed in split screen junction view to show a more representative display of lane and road signs ahead. There's also a new Map Auto Zoom function which, when enabled, automatically zooms in on intersections or motorway junctions as they are approached.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9847222nd Oct 2012 6:31 pm
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
2013 MY = Pseudo Landmarks

Looks like LR is taking advantage of the success of the exclusive Landmark models by introducing black design pack options starting in 2013:

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/2013-land-r...sign-packs

This post has been edited by the site administration team
merged

The 2013 Land Rover LR4 arrives with a number of new optional features like the new Black Design Package that sets the SUV apart with the available 19-inch or 20-inch all-black painted wheels and a host of black trim finishers and design details. The 2013 LR4 package gets special treatments such as gloss black grille and fender vents. The new Black Design Package gives the 2013 LR4 a striking new look. The new package also features gloss black treatments to the door handles, mirror caps, and outside badging. To finish out the package treatment, a satin black finish is applied to newly added extended roof rails.

Also new for the 2013 LR4

The 2013 LR4 model will also be offered with five new body colors. Havana (Brown), Barolo Black, Barossa, Mariana Black and Causeway Grey will now be offered on the exterior. A twin-7-spoke 19-inch wheel design is standard, while a 10-spoke 20-inch wheel is available an option. The HSE Lux trim line also offers a new, 19-inch 7-spoke alloy wheel for 2013.

A new Extended Leather Package is available as an option for the first time on the LR4. The new Extended Leather Package features a Windsor leather with twin-stitching that extends to the top of the dashboard and doors, armrest, grab handles and around the instrument cluster.

The 2013 Land Rover LR4 also offers two new interior colors and two new trim finishes. The new Windsor premium leather comes in Arabica (brown) seats with Nutmeg stitching and Ivory seats with Ivory stitching. The 2013 LR4 gets a new Grand Ivory Lacquer veneer to go along with the Ebony dashboard and door panels. New Gloss Black switches on the steering wheel have also been added to the Grand Black Lacquer veneer option. Cosmic Grey is another new interior finish that is a new interior option.

LR4 offers luxury with all-purpose terrain capability

The 2013 Land Rover LR4 still offers luxury along with highly capable all-purpose, all-terrain capability. The LR4 features available three-row seating for seven adults and comes with the same powerful 5.0-liter V8 engine with 375 horsepower. It comes mated to a six-speed adaptive automatic transmission and two-speed transfer case.

What sets the LR4 apart from the competition in the luxury SUV segment is its off-road capability. The LR4 features a permanent four-wheel drive system with a lockable center differential and a two-speed transfer case with a low-range and an array of traction-aiding technologies. The luxury SUV uses integrated body-frame construction, featuring a steel unibody mounted on a rigid boxed full frame for “go-anywhere” ruggedness. It also features Land Rovers patented Terrain Response system that allows the driver to tailor the vehicle’s capabilities to the actual road and weather conditions.

2013 LR4 pricing is $49,950 and LR4 HSE $54,175 MSRP for U.S. models including destination and delivery. The 2013 Land Rover LR4 with the new Black Design Package will set the luxury SUV apart anywhere on the planet the driver needs to go, on the highway, around town and off-road in the back country.
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #9847242nd Oct 2012 6:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >