Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Airbag fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
johnaby

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Airbag fault

The airbag SRS light on my Disco 3 dashboard doesn't go off. May be a coincidence, but it occurred after the kids were mucking about playing with the seat controls and steering wheel while I was servicing it. Rolling Eyes

I have read in other posts how the connectors under the seats should be checked, and I have done so but the dash light does not go out.

I have run the IIDTool and get fault code:
B1A00-49 (AC) Control module - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
When I try to clear the fault, it fails to clear "failed update" IIRC (makes me think the RCM module does need to be replaced).

I have looked at the "live values" in the IIDtool for the airbag, and I see something odd with the Passenger Airbag Switch A: When the switch is turned so the passenger airbag is active (near passenger side door), the IIDTool shows "fault" in the "live values" for the switch. When the switch is turned so that the passenger airbag is off (not desirable), then the IIDTool shows "no fault". The fault is not cleared no matter the position of the switch. Anyone know what the switch B is that the IIDTool refers to in the live values?

As advised by Pat@GAP, I have tried "Set Normal Mode" under the "Service Test" Function, unfortunately it did not change anything.

I have seen in some other posts that a clockspring replacement fixed the fault, but how do you know whether it needs to be replaced in the first place?

Anyone got some advice on what the issue could be and how to troubleshoot?

Aby

Post #17157075th Oct 2016 1:52 pm
Peron

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi, did you sort this problem l have the same fault

Post #216048911th Jul 2020 10:33 pm
johnaby

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Peron, it's been a while so can't recall exactly the steps, but yes I got this resolved with the help of Pat@GAP. I replaced the RCM module with a new one, and after the replacement I saw the same 3 codes (B1A40-1B, B1211-1B, B00A0-88 ) as Dan in this post http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic59469.html. He resolved the issue by downloading new software for the RCM module. I think Pat helped me download the firmware to flash the new ECU, I had to send some ECU info to him. Then I tried this routine, Menu->Service Test->Air Bag->Set Normal Mode, and the faults were able to be cleared.

Post #216056212th Jul 2020 1:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >