Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

My Clock - Ticking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
My Clock - Ticking

Yes, I've today signed on the dotted line and an ETA is July.

TDV6 HSE (Swiss edition) in Tonga Green with practically everything bar Diff.....

Metallic-Lackierung Fr. 1,200.00
3. Sitzreihe Fr. 1,700.00
Traverse mit Kugelkupplung Fr. 900.00
Adaptives Kurvenlicht Fr. 600.00
Dunkel getönte Scheiben Fr. 700.00
Glas-Hebe-Schiebedach Fr. 2,100.00
Klima-Anlage hinten Fr. 1,400.00
Kühlbox in der Mittelkonosle Fr. 500.00
Park Distance Control Fr. 500.00
Premium Navigationssystem Fr. 4,000.00
Personal Telephone integration Fr. 700.00

Now I only have three months of the wife bugging me to bug the guy for the delivery date Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #5397619th Apr 2006 1:40 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Grand total?
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #5397819th Apr 2006 1:42 pm
LHD

94'000 local cowry shells total with 4'870 discount bringing it to 89'130.

£39'360 in quid-talk after discount....
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #5398019th Apr 2006 2:10 pm
JLMARTIN

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Congratulations!

I also had a three month wait which should be over next may.... Much like a pregnancy.... Definetly a great color you chose! Wink

BTW Is that after taxes?

Paid almost 41K (GBP) for mine (Spanish version), all taxes and fees included and it had everything except privacy glass and rear diff lock, which i didn´t order.

Would be interesting to know the prices of fully-equipped HSEs around european capitals.
 JL Martin
2006 TDV6 HSE Tonga Green/Alpaca (used to be LRTuned) 

Post #5400919th Apr 2006 4:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 

JLMARTIN wrote:
Would be interesting to know the prices of fully-equipped HSEs around european capitals.

While I can’t comment on a fully equipped HSE, my “SE” with Metallic Paint & Auto Gearbox in Ireland was EUR70,000.00 !! Sad

At that we don’t get Leather Seats or Xenon’s as standard on our SE here, as they do in the UK ! Mad

Post #5401819th Apr 2006 7:52 pm
SN

Ouch! £48K for an SE
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5402219th Apr 2006 8:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JLMARTIN

70K euro Shocked

Yes, definitely the UK has better specs, or at least the add ons we need to upgrade are standard on UK HSE units.

Still, 70K euro for an SE seems excesive. Perhaps taxes, import tariffs, transportation, etc. over there are stiffer than other countries.
 JL Martin

Post #5402919th Apr 2006 8:39 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

JLMARTIN wrote:
70K euro for an SE seems excesive. Perhaps taxes, import tariffs, transportation, etc. over there are stiffer than other countries.

Excessive……….that’s an understatement to say the least.

We pay 21% VAT (value added tax) on our cars, which is charged on the retail cost of the car. However on TOP of that we have to pay V.R.T. (Vehicle Registration Tax).

On a D3, or indeed any car with an engine size of over 1900cc, the rate of VRT is 30%. Under 1900cc the rate is 25%.

This is charged on the OMSP (open market selling price) so in effect they take the cost of the car, including all Taxes & charges & ADD 30% of that figure as VRT.

In my mind this is just criminal !!

However, it gets even worse…….our annual road tax, or as I think they call it in the UK, Annual Road Fund, is calculated on engine size, so the larger the engine the more you pay. To tax my 2.7ltr discovery costs me EUR1,033.00 every year !!!!

To add more salt to the wound, Ireland apparently has one of the cheapest pre-tax car prices in Europe, but is the second most expensive after-tax places to buy a car in Europe. Second only to Finland I think.

Oh it’s little wonder the country is known as “Rip Off Ireland”

Post #5403419th Apr 2006 8:56 pm
JLMARTIN

I bet that after paying all of those taxes you feel you are paying the bulk of the Kyoto Protocol for Ireland and should help in keeping all anti-4X4 at arms length.... Confused
 JL Martin

Post #5403619th Apr 2006 9:04 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

Oh how I wish !

We are still the big bad wolf in the 4 x 4’s. 8)

BTW as a matter of interest what do you pay in Spain as annual road tax, for those vastly superior roads you have compared to ours ??

Or do you operate an annual road tax system there ??

Post #5403919th Apr 2006 9:08 pm
SN

€1000 Shocked thats £700 a year! And we're having a whinge at the new £195 road tax in the UK!

Is there anyway you can import from the UK to save all that tax?
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5404619th Apr 2006 9:19 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

qzdcg8 wrote:
€1000 Shocked thats £700 a year! And we're having a whinge at the new £195 road tax in the UK!

Is there anyway you can import from the UK to save all that tax?

No unfortunately that avenue is well & truly closed off.

Firstly the Euro / Sterling x-rate is crucifying.

Asides from that we have to pay VRT on imports, be they a new or second hand car. The VRT is calculated on the Retail value of the car here in Ireland, NOT the price we would have paid elsewhere.

So really we are shafted no matter what !

Yes, I did smile to myself when I read about the road tax hike in the UK.

Also don’t forget the hugely superior roads you have over there compared to ours & you’ll see you are getting a real bargain !!! Confused

Post #5405619th Apr 2006 9:59 pm
chrism

Switzerland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi LHD

Are there many D3's out in Zurich? What are the dealers like?
I'll be moving to Zurich from the UK with my RHD D3 next month - I have been a bit worried about dealer support (not that I have really needed it in the UK so far Very Happy ).

Cheers,
Chris

Post #5408120th Apr 2006 8:36 am
LHD

my price is including tax. Diff and upgraded hifi are the only options I did not choose.....we have funky steering xenons which promise to be a laugh, moon roof, tints past B-pillar, aircon with paw operation for my two dogs Wink

chrism, Emily Frey deal with LR/RR/Shaguar and have a place north of the city and in the west of the city. Feel free to PM me and I can tell you more.....been here 11 years now so I'm probably one of those boring expats.

D3s are not common at all here. I maybe see one per day. Let's keep it that way.....X5/X3/XC90/Allroad/Q7/ML are all as common as birdshit on Trafalgar Square.... Wink

Post #5409020th Apr 2006 9:57 am
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

By importing, a certain amount could be saved, but not that much on a new vehicle. Being VAT registered here, I'm looking into the possibility of importing a new UK spec SE as I shouldnt have to pay the VAT in the UK, and can claim back the VAT here in Ireland, which actually makes it cheaper to get a new D3 than a second hand one from the UK!

For somebody who can't claim the vat the main benefit could be in extras, e.g. for the SE specs, the most obvious item they dont have is leather seats, whereas a UK one does. So with some planning you could end up getting a UK SE for the same price as an Irish SE, but taking into account the costs of the ferry, etc, it's almost not worth it on a new car. VAT still has to be paid on anything under 6 months old. I'm not sure what doesnt come as standard on an Irish HSE, but I wouldnt expect everything on the UK spec to be standard.

As zebadee has said, the VRT is calculated based on the book value, in Ireland, of the vehicle. They will inspect the vehicle to make sure it's all as declared, but typically the inspection just involves checking the engine/vin numbers, the mileage and looking at the badge on the back. The main problem is that every time you ring them for a quote, it's different (some say it changes based on demand!), so you could run the risk of the VRT being several hundred/thousand higher when you go along to 'import' your new car, and at that stage there's nothing you can do about it, other than pay up. Not paying the VRT and driving around on UK plates would risk a hefty fine and your car impounded untill you pay the VRT, VAT and the fine (and probably VAT on the fine as well!!! Wink ).

Regarding second hand vehicles, its better. The vast majority of second hand D3s for sale here are commercials (uk base specs with no rear seats and blacked out rear side windows), and it's quite rare to come across a SE/HSE second hand at a price near to what you could get and import one for from the UK.

Commmercial vehicles only have to pay €50 in VRT and something like €250 per year for road tax (irrespective of engine size). You could quite easily buy a UK HSE, rip out the rear seats and black out the rear windows and import it as commercial, but if you put back in the seats, you risk all the bad things mentioned above Sad....

My 2.5 TD5 costs €821 per year for road tax here.

Brendan
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #5425321st Apr 2006 12:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >