Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

MY12
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
row_perfect

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I asked that exact question to the MD. he assured me it wasn't the case - the answer was that Buyacar represents a significant proportion of that dealer's sales and they have had a multi-year relationship so they just wouldn't do it.

From dealing with Broadspeed, I got the imression that brokers use business channels rather than retail and maybe LR treat them differently. I cancelled with them because they switched dealer a couple of months after I ordered and I truly had no confidence I'd ever see the car.

I hope yours arrives soon!
 D4 HSE, Active Rear Diff, surround cameras, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, TPMS, remote park heating, centre console cooler box
Club MT/R
Club RLD spare wheel protector
Club Sump plate & tree slider
Club Blackvue HD

Post #85054523rd Oct 2011 2:37 am
berneslai

Thanks, I hope your Disco turns out to be everything you wanted it to be.

The most annoying thing was that I tried to amend my order around six weeks ago (I forgot the coolbox from my original spec) and I was not allowed to change (available as aftermarket fit?) as I was told it had gone into build. No chassis number given or anything and now put back to "mid-November".

Post #85055223rd Oct 2011 8:06 am
row_perfect

Me too, wanted to add active rear diff Big Cry
 D4 HSE, Active Rear Diff, surround cameras, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, TPMS, remote park heating, centre console cooler box
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #85055923rd Oct 2011 8:26 am
row_perfect

I cannot express how Censored off I am. Read below and then decide if you want to deal with this company.

Dear Mr Woodward,

Unfortunately we have recently encountered a huge problem with the supply of our Land Rover orders. Despite our best efforts, the suppliers of your vehicle are no longer able to supply us with the vehicles that we have on order. Unfortunately our suppliers have had their terms of business withdrawn by Land Rover and are no longer able to supply and register any vehicles.

Over the last couple of days we have been working hard to offer alternatives for all of our customers. We have found a new supplier through which we are able to re-order your vehicle, and are able to honour the price agreed. However, in order for us to supply this vehicle, you would need to agree to an additional lead time of about 12-14 weeks meaning that your car would not be available until March. One potential saving grace in this situation is that this would mean that the vehicle could be registered with the ‘12’ plate, released on 1st March 2012.

We would appreciate the opportunity to supply you with your new Land Rover and we still believe the price we are offering through our new suppliers is unbeatable but should you wish to consider an alternative make or model at this point then you are more than welcome to do so. You would also be able to change the specification of the vehicle you have already ordered should you wish to replace the order.

If you decide at this point that you cannot accommodate the new extended timescale then we would refund your deposit immediately.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused you, it is an unprecedented situation that is unfortunately beyond our control. Please respond either by e-mail or telephone to discuss how you wish to proceed.
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #86052518th Nov 2011 6:00 pm
row_perfect

Oh and I'd like to add, for the second time, they left it until just before 5pm on a Friday before sending the bad news. Despite repeated calls all day to try and get information, I was told that the operations guy was 'in a meeting' then 'out the office' then 'on the phone'. Truly cowardly.
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #86053018th Nov 2011 6:09 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Am I correct thinking that your original order was back in March? So, that would be 12 months?!

Sorry, but I think I'd tell them to sling their hook, unless they:

a) Show you proof that what they're saying has happened is true and that it really has only just happened.
b) Give you proof an order has been made and accepted.
c) Offer you something to make it worth your while.

I ordered mine from a dealer in mid Sept and it's due to be delivered to then before the end of this month. It could possibly have been sooner, but I didn't want it any quicker!

There are some good deals to be had elsewhere. Why let them profit from you, when they've repeatedly treated you so badly.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #86055518th Nov 2011 7:11 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Friend of mine in Northern Ireland has been told this week from his local Franchised dealer that there are likely to be "significant" delays in suppling all Solihull built RHD vehicles over the next six months, due to a major increase in orders for LHD vehicles from all over the globe.

The problem being that there is only a certain amount of vehicles that can pass through Solihull in a day/week/month and due to the huge increase in overseas orders it seems that LR have quite literally run out of space on the production lines!!!!

I've always said, how long would it be before LR require a completely separate assembly plant for each of it's models? Looks like the answer to that one is: now!
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #86059318th Nov 2011 8:31 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

My dealer told me today that their next D4 is not available until mid-Feb. That's from orders placed weeks ago. They have two second hand vehicles in total. Seems there is also a shortage there.

Bill Wright
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #86062218th Nov 2011 9:21 pm
row_perfect

Calcul@tor wrote:
Am I correct thinking that your original order was back in March? So, that would be 12 months?!

Yes.

Calcul@tor wrote:

Sorry, but I think I'd tell them to sling their hook, unless they:

a) Show you proof that what they're saying has happened is true and that it really has only just happened.
b) Give you proof an order has been made and accepted.
c) Offer you something to make it worth your while.

I've been burnt twice by them ON DELIVERY DATE. There is no way I'd trust them again. I hope that reads this thread uses my experience to make an informed decision.

Calcul@tor wrote:
There are some good deals to be had elsewhere. Why let them profit from you, when they've repeatedly treated you so badly.

Really? I'm considering going out 2nd hand shopping this weekend, kinda given up on the dream of a shiny new one. Everything on autotrader looks very expensive. Not sure how much of a discount one can expect to get.
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #86062618th Nov 2011 9:36 pm
berneslai

I've just received the same cowardly e-mail despite the recent assurances that my LR has been built and should have been ready sometime around this weekend. I even asked for the registration on Wednesday and have just taken out a new insurance policy for an LR that isn't even coming.

Can you supply me with the MD's e-mail address row_perfect?

One thing I don't understand. I was told I couldn't amend my order several weeks ago as the Disco had gone into build. Either they've been lying to me all along or a very bespoke Santorini Black MY12 has just rolled off the production line and is to be sold elsewhere? The dealer change couldn't have just happened this evening so why didn't I get a courtesy call over the last two weeks to alert me of potential problems? The e-mail I've received is the same as I'd expect when a DVD is out of stock, not a £45k purchase.

Post #86064118th Nov 2011 10:25 pm
row_perfect

berneslai wrote:
Can you supply me with the MD's e-mail address row_perfect?

Oliver Collins
Operations Director
[email protected]
Direct 02089875466
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #86064318th Nov 2011 10:28 pm
berneslai

Thanks, e-mail sent.

I thought that was the "Ops Guy" that ignored you, as per page two of this thread?

Post #86064918th Nov 2011 10:53 pm
row_perfect

Nope, that Was Owen Pugh.
Club MT/R
Club Blackvue HD

Post #86065118th Nov 2011 10:58 pm
mash tattie

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Row perfect, you may want to get in touch with Carrs Land Rover Truro. Last time I looked they had a Orkney grey fully loaded MY12 sat in the show room.
Might still be there if you are interested.

Post #86074019th Nov 2011 9:08 am
alltnaha

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I feel I am being avoided by the internet broker I placed an order with on about 20 Sept - given 15 Dec as delivery date but cannot get anything out of them now as to whether this date will be met.

In some ways I do not mind if it went to say Jan or even Feb as long as I know and can believe them.

John

Post #86074219th Nov 2011 9:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >