Page 2 of 2 <12
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Heres the guide i done Thumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic25409.html?highlight=
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #4319573rd Mar 2009 8:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

I'm hoping to do mine this weekend

Do you mind if I nick some of your words etc and produce a pdf.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #4319753rd Mar 2009 9:24 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Did my rear discs and pads 2 weeks ago. Quite easy to do although jacking the Disco up is an interesting experience, especially when it decides to put itself into super-extended mode! Had to buy a new set of axle stands when I discovered the ones I had weren't long enough Sad .

When I pulled the pad wear sensor out, the brass contact part stayed behind in the pad. I have a new sensor but the socket that it connects to is tucked away out-of-sight behind the suspension air cylinder and was so difficult to get at that I cleaned up the brass contact, refitted it to the plastic holder and refitted the whole lot back in the new pad.

Adjusted the EPB shoes as per the LR instructions and did the EPB bedding-in procedure. Job sorted Thumbs Up

1 week later, the EPB stopped working Big Cry . I'm hoping this is a complete coincidence - can't see that it's anything I did.

Off to a reputable independent (Les Potts 4x4 in Sunderland) this morning to be sorted (I hope!). This may put my extended warranty to the test if it turns out to be an expensive repair.

I'll keep you posted.
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #4319843rd Mar 2009 9:40 am
quantumjohn

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I was prepared to do the front discs and pads myself, printed off the guides from this site. Had 10forCash check the suspension at the weekend and while he was there replaced front discs and pads and rear pads in half the time it would have taken me.

I went for EBC pads and cross drilled and grooved discs. I imagine the grooves and holes are no good for potential off road dirt getting in them but seem like a good idea for towing work. They also come with a very bling zinc coating which hopefully will slow the rust appearing on the edges.
Will definately go with genuine pads next time though as they include new bolts and new anti rattle shims.

107K miles and looks like the original set of front discs but they were well gone. Not bad for an auto but that shows how little brakes get used racking the mileage up on the motorway.

John

Post #4321133rd Mar 2009 2:19 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 
EPB Update 1

Seems EPB has logged an 'unusual' fault Question

They've checked the switch out by swapping it out to another vehicle and that has proved to be OK. Putting a known serviceable switch in mine resulted in the same fault. Checked the wiring as far as they can and especially a connector at the rear of the car that is known to cause EPB faults when water gets in it but that is OK too. They're now going to slave in a new EPB module to see what happens but can't do that yet as they are on back-order with LR. They could do further wiring continuity checks but as that involves stripping out most of the EPB system, it's better to wait until they have the EPB module to save them time and me money - sounds good to me!

They're bringing the car back soon (complete with non-functioning EPB Sad ) and will get it back off me when the EPB module turns up. As they've had one on back-order for over a week now, they can up the order to 'critical' status so hopefully, it won't be too long a wait.
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #4321493rd Mar 2009 3:57 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

quantumjohn wrote:
I went for EBC pads and cross drilled and grooved discs. John

Any pics of the disks ..im thinking of getting these next
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #4326064th Mar 2009 12:12 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Car went back in yesterday. Heard from Les Potts himself just after 3pm. He said they slaved in a new EPB module but still the EPB wouldn't function. Finally traced the problem to a broken wire in the circuitry somewhere. Al fixed now and working fine.

He's kept the car overnight as I've asked him to enable Satnav destination entry on the move. Les has not done this before and he wanted to download the TSB from the GTR website and be sure that doing it was not going to over-write my Turbo-Chip remap. Thumbs Up

I had to drive their 'loaner' home last night and back to work again today. It's an 'N' reg Discovery and about as different to the D3 as a Mondeo is to a Model T! What a heap of Censored ! Slow! It's slower than a snail with a broken leg. In fact it's so slow, evolution could overtake it! It's noisy, sounds like a tractor and everything rattles. What did people see in early Discos? I want my D3 back Big Cry

Post #43657711th Mar 2009 9:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >