Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Discomadness's MY07 D3 HSE aka the shed thread.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 31 of 43 <123 ... 303132 ... 414243>
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

That torque convertor has fallen forward. It needs re-engaged on the splines correctly before refitting Thumbs Up

I did try and pack it in, so it didn't fall forward Embarassed
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #200306922nd Nov 2018 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

It was packed fine Mikey I think I might have done that lifting it off the pallet mate. My bad. Thought I’d slipped it back in. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #200314223rd Nov 2018 8:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discomadness

Started this morning...

I have to say... much easier the second time around ! Whistle
All that’s left is brake lines and body bolts for the morning. Ran out of time today because of rugby...
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #200354324th Nov 2018 9:39 pm
Discomadness

Well what a saga....

So turns out the gearbox I bought I managed to damage. Long story short I managed to crack the pump drive gear. Needless to say I feel a complete idiot. After a conversation with Simon from Bristol transmissions I took the new and old gearboxes down to them this morning, more than helpful doesn’t even begin to cover these guys. I was welcomed, given a cuppa by Sharon and then a full tour of the place while Andre repaired the gearbox, went through it and tested it all, they even swapped the gearbox ecu’s over for me so I don’t have to faff about with the firmware stuff. Gave me the gearbox back with a box of fresh oil and all for a very reasonable price.
I can not recommend this place enough. They obviously have a fantastic reputation given they had everything from a bmw to a top end Porsche on their what seems like hundreds of ramps. To say these guys have turned dispair into relief is an understatement.

Went back to the garage and reinstalled the gearbox, transfer box and driveline stuff. Re routed the dodgy fuel lines, swapped my downpipe over and think it’s finally time to re attach the body. Roll on tomorrow.

Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #20061324th Dec 2018 10:51 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi mate

Good to see ur making progress Thumbs Up

That was a result and relief getting the gearbox sorted out

Fingers crossed everything else goes to plan Bow down

Post #20070608th Dec 2018 6:10 am
Discomadness

Hiya buddy !!

Glad to see you back ! How is your back ?

Guess what. I’m laid up. My back is gone. Probably from manhandling 2x gearboxes. Even though I tried my best not to do too much manual lifting.

Progress abound with lemon.

I’ve replaced all the seals in the valve blocks, stripped and cleaned etc and lubed with silicone spray.
Swapped the dodgy injector, re routed the fuel lines and a few other jobs that were left from before.
Swapped my downpipe for the terrafirma decat one.

Dropped the body back down am having a slow and steady rebuild. Back on the road this week.

How are you mate ?

Eh am I in an exclusive club now ? Body off twice in one year ? Lol.
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #20072128th Dec 2018 3:46 pm
gstuart

Hi mate

Am awaiting to hear from the hospital , they’ve confirmed one of my pins have come loose and going to see if they can inject some medical cement in to re stabilise it, trouble is I’ll have to be awake so they can test any difference as they inject it, just got to wait for a decision

Oh bloody hell not u as well, sorry to hear that , speedy recovery as indeed know how miserable that is

Also had that with valve blocks, was in a right mess, there was the silica dust everywhere and in the end replaced all 3 x valve blocks after using an airline to blow all the junk from the air lines , new front struts , compressor, airtank later it transformed the suspension and the way it drove , along with sorting out air leaks and previous bodges that had been done

Imagine after all the hard work you’ve done will make it feel like a new vehicle

Saw the nice shiny new exhaust you’ve fitted

Plse let us know how things go

Rest up buddy and ur soon back on ur feet Thumbs Up Bow down

Indeed haven’t seen anyone else lift a body off twice , at least I know who to come to with mine Rolling with laughter

Post #20073179th Dec 2018 3:04 am
Discomadness

Hey all.
So an update on lemon. She’s back on the road ! Had a bit of a problem with trouble code P0400-00 and he usual ‘hdc fault, system unavailable, suspension lowered this that and the other” turns out I hadn’t properly reconnected the near side wheel speed sensor.
Managed to do a few other little jobs, fitted the missing turbo side heat shields, swapped injector no3 for a known good spare, (was giving a fault code something along the lines of injector 3 leaking) or something. Noticed when checking the gearbox oil level that the joint from downpipe to the centre section was blowing badly ! On proper inspection found that even with the clamp fully tightened it was still a bit loose !!! Not very impressed. What I’ve done for now is disconnected it, wrapped the downpipe side with adhesive aluminium foil to shim the gap and re clamped. It’s done the job but I’m really not happy about it. Going to the people who made my crossover pipe in the new year. They can make a new exhaust from that joint all the way back in stainless.

Road tested the car today. So that’s what they are supposed to drive like ! Well evidently my gearbox was shot before. It’s so smooth and quiet now !
Massive shout out to the mechanical god that is disco Mikey for all his help and sorting the postage etc of the gearbox down to me. Thumbs Up Just keeping everything crossed I’m actually getting somewhere with this car now. What a battle it’s been. I’m touching wood now in case the crank snaps next time I drive it.

Found I have play in the hardy spicer on the lower column so that’s another job to do. Also one back wheel is very stiff to turn so suspect a sticking caliper or slider. Good job there’s a box with a complete v8 rear brake kit, handbrake shoe kit and calipers in the garage. Won’t have time before Christmas I fear though.

Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201051418th Dec 2018 6:24 pm
ANother

United Kingdom 

happy days glad you're back on the road with all the effort you've put into this motor hope yours and Garys backs are getting better, From experience there's nowt like a bad back to curtail your plans Thumbs Up

Post #201052218th Dec 2018 6:41 pm
gstuart

[quote="Discomadness"]Hey all.
So an update on lemon. She’s back on the road ! Had a bit of a problem with trouble code P0400-00 and he usual ‘hdc fault, system unavailable, suspension lowered this that and the other” turns out I hadn’t properly reconnected the near side wheel speed sensor.
Managed to do a few other little jobs, fitted the missing turbo side heat shields, swapped injector no3 for a known good spare, (was giving a fault code something along the lines of injector 3 leaking) or something. Noticed when checking the gearbox oil level that the joint from downpipe to the centre section was blowing badly ! On proper inspection found that even with the clamp fully tightened it was still a bit loose !!! Not very impressed. What I’ve done for now is disconnected it, wrapped the downpipe side with adhesive aluminium foil to shim the gap and re clamped. It’s done the job but I’m really not happy about it. Going to the people who made my crossover pipe in the new year. They can make a new exhaust from that joint all the way back in stainless.

Road tested the car today. So that’s what they are supposed to drive like ! Well evidently my gearbox was shot before. It’s so smooth and quiet now !
Massive shout out to the mechanical god that is disco Mikey for all his help and sorting the postage etc of the gearbox down to me. Thumbs Up Just keeping everything crossed I’m actually getting somewhere with this car now. What a battle it’s been. I’m touching wood now in case the crank snaps next time I drive it.

Found I have play in the hardy spicer on the lower column so that’s another job to do. Also one back wheel is very stiff to turn so suspect a sticking caliper or slider. Good job there’s a box with a complete v8 rear brake kit, handbrake shoe kit and calipers in the garage. Won’t have time before Christmas I fear though.

Hi mate

Great to see ur back on the road , always the way with the little jobs that take the time

So pleased for u Thumbs Up Bow down

Ps, came back from the hospital today , looks like I’ll be laid up for 4-6 months , as I’ve got to have yet another extensive back surgery , never mind ,

Hope ur back is on the mend Thumbs Up

Post #201053418th Dec 2018 6:53 pm
Discomadness

Hi ANother. Thanks ! It has been a battle. The war is far from over. But it’s getting there. My back is much better for the minute. Gary I’m not so sure. He’s been very quiet last few weeks. How’s Penrith ? Did some heating work on a club up there about 6 years ago !
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201053618th Dec 2018 6:54 pm
Discomadness

[quote="gstuart"]
Discomadness wrote:
Hey all.

Hi mate

Great to see ur back on the road , always the way with the little jobs that take the time

So pleased for u Thumbs Up Bow down

Ps, came back from the hospital today , looks like I’ll be laid up for 4-6 months , as I’ve got to have yet another extensive back surgery , never mind ,

Hope ur back is on the mend Thumbs Up

Hey budd !

That’s gutting news about your back ! I was just replying to ANother saying I hadn’t seen you about much ! Mine is still a bit twingy but much better.
Good to see you back on here though mate ! And don’t worry, just because the rebuild is near on done doesn’t mean the work stops. I have lots of jobs left to do and lots of mods I want to do. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #201053818th Dec 2018 6:57 pm
ANother

United Kingdom 

Discomadness wrote:
Hi ANother. Thanks ! It has been a battle. The war is far from over. But it’s getting there. My back is much better for the minute. Gary I’m not so sure. He’s been very quiet last few weeks. How’s Penrith ? Did some heating work on a club up there about 6 years ago !

Penrith is Wet and windy at present so not much chance of fettling on the disco for me but I've always got my push bikes to play with Laughing

Sorry to hear about your back Gary I have a mate that needs surgery on his lower back so have some idea of what you're going through watching him try to get about is painful enough. Sad

Post #201054718th Dec 2018 7:07 pm
gstuart

Thks guys , enclosed a pic of my back , so plse look after urs

Great news there disco on ur D3 , been learning a lot following ur excellent thread

Finally managed to sort my steering wheel D4 upgrade and window , seriously had enough after that with my #&*#&#*# back, Laughing , brings it home how an injury can set u back

Good to hear urs is slowly on the mend

Now ur talking with mods, as mines the base model going to add some puddle lights to my front door cards , left the drivers card off and been looking to see how to cut it out ready , think a dremel will be best

I darnt show u a switch panel I’m going to fit, Rolling with laughter

Also got 2 x battery lcd displays for my dual battery set up, ideal as they go out after a while so won’t be a distraction of a night time

Still got to try and find the wires for heated windscreen washer jets , but hell if I can find them , know there standard on HSE but not mine

At least we can compare mods Whistle

Post #201057818th Dec 2018 7:42 pm
gstuart

ANother wrote:
Discomadness wrote:

Penrith is Wet and windy at present so not much chance of fettling on the disco for me but I've always got my push bikes to play with Laughing

Sorry to hear about your back Gary I have a mate that needs surgery on his lower back so have some idea of what you're going through watching him try to get about is painful enough. Sad

Hi

Many thks , just wanted to wish ur mate all the best , basically they tried to fuse my back and it failed

Still there’s always someone worse off so count myself lucky

Careful u don’t get stuck in the shed for days with the weather Rolling with laughter

Post #201058418th Dec 2018 7:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 31 of 43 <123 ... 303132 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >